X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CeeBeeUK
    Anyone else having trouble ordering?

I know JMS is busy, but I would hate to see new projects delaying this one

[Edit] Oh Pacific, d'oh. Damn living 6 hours ahead of you!
    Patience... Patience... Best wait for the coupons!
    Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth.
    John Sheridan

Comment

I was just more concerned that the jmsscripts page hadn't been updated to provide a detailed description of Volume 6.

Is anyone sure it is ready? Oh well, we'll know in 7 hours!

Comment

Yes, JMS confirmed that it's ready. Here's his post:

Yeah, it's true, it goes on sale tomorrow morning...and yeah, the
        details are not put out there with the usual degree of
        three-ring-circusing mainly because I just couldn't get my heart into
        that happy-go-lucky space, having finished writing the tribute to
        Andreas contained in this issue. (Which is another reason I kind of
        fell by the wayside for a while here in terms of posting...nothing
        really seemed as much fun anymore.) For what it's worth, the folks on
        the B5 scripts team from the proofreader on up the food chain seem to
        think it's the best book of the bunch. Certainly it's perhaps the most
        personal and revealing, which always gives me pause. Even so, I think
        the story about how we ended up with Bruce McGill in "Severed Dreams"
        is worth the price of admission alone, especially since it points out
        the stupidity of Yr Humble Correspondent.

jms
        Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Received E-mail from CafÚpress about the release of volume 6. No coupon yet.
          John Sheridan

Comment

I haven't gotten an email yet but it's available:

http://www.cafepress.com/thejoestore.53191096

Jan
            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

You beat me by mere minutes...

Zeno
              No matter where you go, you're only halfway there...

BB of Elias

Comment

Another Coupon Code...

$5 off $20 or more purchase - expires 4/20/06

code: GARTERJEANS

I just ordered mine and the code worked!

Regards everyone!

KaCHING
                "Zathras is used to being beast of burden to other peoples needs. Very sad life. Probably have very sad death, but at least there is symmetry."

Comment

For those who might want some advance notice for planning purposes, JMS answered a post asking what the level of interest was for the script books and he added this to his reply:

There's no question that we could sell a lot more of these things if we
                  just left them up indefinitely, but that would defeat the purpose of a
                  limited edition. So three months after volume 14 appears...they're
                  gone, we won't be reprinting these volumes after that.
                  Volume #6 is out now and the books have been coming out every 4-6 weeks so you can probably figure that you've got about a year, maybe a bit more, to get any of these volumes that you're going to get.

No word so far on how long the window to send in the proofs for the free Volume #15.

Jan

Comment

With this Volume 6, we're almost halfway there to the 14. At first 14 seemed so many to get; now the number of volumes left to buy is a little less daunting.
                    Flying around the room under my own power.

Comment

I'm back

Hi folks,

Haven't posted for a while as I've been in (unseaonably) Sunny Edinburgh (capital of Scotland for our American friends) over Easter. Just decided to order volume six and missed the coupon code posted by kaching (sp?) by a few hours. Was gonna order yesterday but I spotted the complete buffy on amazon.com for $169 and I couldn't resist (awaitng for credit card to get over the shock ).

I'm looking forward to volume six and the tribute to Andreas - and it's nice to see JMS posting again.
                      Phaze
                      on the "in work REALLY early this morning" ID
                      "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

They have the release date for volume 7: Monday, May 22, but the really big news is the scripts site has been re done. Music and everything! Check it out! (And just in case someone out there doesn't have the site...)
                        http://www.babylon5scripts.com/

Comment

Excellent news! Thanks, Karen!

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Karen
                            They have the release date for volume 7: Monday, May 22
                            Disaster! I'm off to the hospital just that day. IIRC the rebate lasts for 10 days. I hope to make it back before it's over. What happened to Friday or Saturday releases?
                            John Sheridan

Comment

The discount is only for the first week, not 10 days. Hope everything goes well for you, DeMonk.

Jan

Comment

Grey 17 is missing? Oh dear, the Garibaldi arc in this is second only ti "Infection" in terms of poor eps, I guess we'll be getting another Mia Calpa from JMS.
                                Phaze
                                on the "no longer ranting, 4 hours sleep has worked wonders" ID
                                "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Working...
                                X