No announcement yet.

Release dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would be good for me too. I hope the books are available for long-ish time after the 14th comes out in case I have some major catching up to do.
    Flying around the room under my own power.

Comment

I don't know why I keep going over there, but the release date's changed again for Volume #4: Release date: February 11, 2006

And don't forget that today and tomorrow are the last dates to order the quote items in the Joe Shop that are retiring.

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I'm sure there are valid reasons, but I need my fix. I may have to start a 12 step program to deal with my addiction.

Comment

Hang in there! One day at a time... To give you something to look forward to, here's what JMS posted when I put the new date up on the moderated newsgroup:
          You beat me to it...I was going to mention this. I kind of fell behind
          on the intro and commentaries (18,000+ words) due to finishing up the
          first television script for the new series. But I'm caught up now, and
          all is good. One difference in this edition...a lot of folks were
          asking for more lost story material after the first couple of books
          came out, and I located a partial early draft of a script entitled
          "Festival!" which I completely dropped and re-tooled as "The Parliament
          of Dreams." So we're including that partial script and the notes that
          I wrote with it about where it was going to go in volume 4. This was
          also the only script written featuring Mr. Jones, who was going to
          become a recurring character on the show. Again, it's an inside look
          into the creative process and decisions that created the series.
          Most of the people here know my reaction to the idea of even a partial script we've never seen before....

Jan
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Why are the release dates always *after* my coupon expires? This one was going to to be before. Then it moved.

Comment

Are you signed up for the email reminders, MattersNot? Sometimes they have coupons with those. Actually, I think every time but they're different each time so it depends on what you're ordering as tp what's useful.

Jan

Comment

coupons

Originally posted by Jan
                Sometimes they have coupons with those. Actually, I think every time but they're different each time so it depends on what you're ordering as tp what's useful.
                There have been some decent coupons for buying other stuff in conjunction with the books. So, you never know. It probably is worth browsing throughout Cafe Press, taking note of other stores and things you might be interested in, and then ordering some of this stuff along with your script book so you can take advantage of a coupon. Hmm, that makes me think of a useful new thread I'll try to start.

Neil

Comment

ALERT! Wrong price for volume 4!

I just went to CafePress to check for volume 4 and it has its price at $400!! Yes, four *hundred* US dollars! It's obviously an error of the system that must be corrected soon.

Looking forward to Volume 4!
                  What a sad thing you are! Unable to answer even such a simple question without falling back on references and genealogies and what other people call you! Have you nothing of your own? Nothing to stand on that is not provided, defined, delineated, stamped, sanctioned, numbered and approved by others? How can you be expected to fight for someone else, when you haven't the fairest idea who you are?

"Comes The Inquisitor"

Comment

That's happened before (the $400 thing). As release date is still 2 days away, I assume that they are making sure that the volume is up and ready when release day come, but at such a massive price that no one will even consider trying to buy it ahead of time.

Come 11/02 they will simply reduce the price to the correct level for release.

Either that, or there is a market out there for an ultra-limited, mega-expensive, "exactly the same as the cheaper version" edition.

The Optimist: The glass is half full
                    The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
                    The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Comment

I can't be sure, mind you but my theory on the 'book available at a huge price' phenomenon is that they're uploading the book in order for Cafe Press to be able to pre-print some copies. As Jaclyn said in the interview in ISN News/The Zocalo Today,

The reason you can pre-order on an Amazon.com or other online store is that the product actually exists. In other words it has a product number. The script books don't exist until we upload them. Because of how print-on-demand works only when a book is uploaded does it get a product number. Now that it exists, complete with product number, it is ready for ordering, so there's no window for a pre-order. It's the epitome of the chicken and the egg.
                      So if they upload it a couple of days early, CP can pre-print some copies in order to be ready for the onslaught of orders the moment the book becomes officially available.

At least that's my theory, backed up with absolutely no hard data at all except that the past couple of books have appeared with the $400 price tag until ordering time.

EDIT: And for those who are enjoying reading the volume info that JMS writes for each volume, check out Volume 4 information.

EDIT 2: The time's been posted now:
                      Available Saturday,
                      February 11th at 10am PST
                      Jan
                      Last edited by Jan; 02-09-2006, 08:53 AM.

Comment

In case anyone hasn't gotten the email yet, Volume 4 is now available.

Comment

I just ordered... but this time there was no voucher.
                          Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth.
                          John Sheridan

Comment

Just got mine ordered. Yeah, no coupon this time. For those who order more than just the one book, though, you can use 'Cupid 5' for $5 off of orders of $50 or more or 'Cupid10' for $10 off of orders of $100 or more. I found that one on the sign-in page of Cafe Press so they must not mind if anybody uses it.

Jan

Comment

Right, the CUPID5 and CUPID10 until February 14 is one of the messages that flash through on their main page. So, you should be able to buy some stuff from the quote store or other cafe press stores as well as new script book and then use one of the coupons.

It appears I was just successful in doing just that. I went to another store and bought a t-shirt along with the new volume and with the coupon that cancelled out the price of shipping.

Neil
                              Last edited by nottenst; 02-11-2006, 03:27 PM. Reason: Wanted to add another comment

Comment

Thanks for the info about the CUPID5 promotional coupon. It helps nicely for guilt-free bumping up of the level of shipping for my order.

Comment

Working...
                                X