Release dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garibaldi's Hair
    I would be in agreement with a quicker release schedule ... IF there wasn't a discount available for the first week that each volume was on sale
    The main problem with a quicker release schedule is the cutoff. To get Volume 15 you have to have purchased the first 14, and on an accelerated release schedule that becomes quite the task. I'd rather have heat than a script book.

Now if we have 6 months to get all the books instead of just 3 that would help... Except for missing out on the $10 discounts.

FP
    Hopin' for a bonus this year.
    Last edited by FuryPilot; 12-14-2005, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FuryPilot
      The main problem with a quicker release schedule is the cutoff. To get Volume 15 you have to have purchased the first 14, and on an accelerated release schedule that becomes quite the task. I'd rather have heat than a script book.
      Yeah, yeah...next thing you're gonna say you'd rather have food than a script book, too. Some people just have the strangest priorities...

Now if we have 6 months to get all the books instead of just 3 that would help... Except for missing out on the $10 discounts.
      I don't understand this? It's going to take another year or so for the rest of the books to be published.

Zathras maybe not understanding because Zathras not had her coffee. Please excusings, must be finding it....

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

One other thing to keep in mind is that longer times between releases means that CafePress has more time to preprint volumes, which means you actually get your book faster. If they just released the titles every 3 weeks (say), CafePress might never catch up!

Zeno
        No matter where you go, you're only halfway there...

BB of Elias

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
          I don't understand this? It's going to take another year or so for the rest of the books to be published.

Jan
          Ah, yes. I see I could have worded that better.

JMS is giving people 90 days after Issue #14 is out to fill in the form to get #15. That means if you haven't been able to keep up with the pace you have just 90 days to catch up in your purchases or you're screwed. Doubling that time to 6 months would help, at least a little.

FP, who is not planning on falling behind.

Comment

Originally posted by FuryPilot
            JMS is giving people 90 days after Issue #14 is out to fill in the form to get #15. That means if you haven't been able to keep up with the pace you have just 90 days to catch up in your purchases or you're screwed. Doubling that time to 6 months would help, at least a little.
            As far as I know, that's not cast in stone. The FAQ still reads:
            When the 14th volume is published, we will open the door for the proofs of purchase to be sent in. We will keep that door open for a limited but not as yet determined period of time. During that period, folks can still purchase all 14 volumes and still qualify for the 15th.
            I wonder how many will go the distance.

Jan
            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Don't want to make new thread, some info about next volumes JMS posted:
              Volume 3 of the B5 script books (which got a great review on
              www.cinescape.com) will hit around the first week of January. Because
              there's SO freaking much material in this one -- an 18,000 word intro
              plus 30 pages of memos PLUS all the scripts -- we've had to push the
              photos to volume 4, or risk making something so large that it might not
              come out right. This is my favorite so far, the most personal in many
              ways, the funniest, and the most informative on behind-the-scenes
              stuff. I'm nearly done with the volume 4 intro, which I like, but v3
              remains my favorite so far. We should be able to debut new volumes
              around the first week of every month, so all 12 of the remaining 14
              primary volumes would be finished by next December.

jms
              Looks good. I don't care about photos, no big deal volume 3 doesn't have them. I'm much more interested in memos.

Comment

They added Volume 3 description to the scripts site. Book will be on sale Jan 2 at 10am Pacific.

And to nitpick one little detail, its not first time other actors who were considering for Sheridan role are revealed - atleast some (4 names) were mentioned in "Creating B5" book.
                Last edited by Sigma; 12-29-2005, 11:57 AM.

Comment

You can order it already... for $400

Comment

I was just over to the Babylon5scripts.com site and noticed that the release date for Volume 4 is now February 7.

Jan

Comment

It looks like February 1 for the release date for volume 4 on the complete scripts listing page. Are you sure you read it right, or am I looking in the wrong spot?

OK, never mind. I just refreshed the page and now it says the 7th. Why does it come up with old info unless refreshed manually?
                      Last edited by Karen; 01-26-2006, 03:30 PM.

Comment

That's your browser playing mind games - or "bandwidth saving" - with you. You could fiddle with settings to turn that off somewhere.
                        Radhil Trebors
                        Persona Under Construction

Comment

booo

Originally posted by Jan
                          I was just over to the Babylon5scripts.com site and noticed that the release date for Volume 4 is now February 7.

Jan
                          booooo that makes NM sad
                          "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

JMS must REALLY be having a good time with this one.
                            Joan

Comment

Originally posted by babylon1122
                              JMS must REALLY be having a good time with this one.
                              Hopefully. They're fun to read, that's for sure. We should also keep in mind that right about now he's probably starting pre-production for whatever the new TV series is (I think he said it's due to start filming in March). Since the script books are pretty much a personal project, I imagine that if he has other, more pressing, obligations, these will have to wait a bit.

Jan

Comment

*sneaks in*
                                I like them slowing down a bit.. my money is quite tight at the moment. 1 every month or two would be fine by me.

*runs out quickly*
                                Milkman
                                www.mhoc.net

Comment

Working...
                                X