Win a free black t-shirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surely there can be only one quote

The quote which should have been added from the start has to be " Understanding is a three edged sword, your side, their side & the truth". Funny when I heard it in series three, I forgot that it had appeared in series one, I heard it mentioned in one of the very early episodes.

Comment

New quotes

Needn't be on a black shirt, but "I am grey" would be nice, or possibly "I am grey. I stand between the candle and the star."

The omega symbol on a black shirt would be good.

"We live for the One, we die for the One", or the full quote "I am a Ranger. We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge and no-one may pass. We live for the One, we die for the One."

Someone else suggested "...arrogance and stupidity..how efficient", always one of my favorites.

Too bad my favorite Ivanova quote is so long:

"Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrei and Sophie Ivanova. I am the right hand of vengeance, and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth... I am Death Incarnate, and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me."

Comment

Originally posted by Damon Griffin
        Needn't be on a black shirt, but "I am grey" would be nice, or possibly "I am grey. I stand between the candle and the star."
        There are now several "I am Grey" items available. Check out: I am Grey Quote

And on the subject of the free shirt, JMS wrote:

> No black t-shirts yet, though. Did any of the suggestions go over well?

A little later. They're stil working at doing large numbers of these
        things, and I don't want to push the process until I know it'll go
        right.

As for the suggestions...I'll have to go back over my notes, but it was
        the one who first suggested using the core B5 questions: who are you,
        what do you want, where are you going, why are you here? Seemed
        perfect for a shirt, particularly if you're meeting someone for the
        first time.
        Thing is, in scanning the suggestions, that's not completely clear. A couple of people suggested the first two questions and I suggested the Crusade questions, not the B5 ones.

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I am gray?

I never understood the "I am gray" quote. Can someone enlighten me what is truly meant here?
          Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth.
          John Sheridan

Comment

I don't really know that it was ever explained. To me, it's all metaphorical.

"I am Grey. I stand between the Candle and the Star." To at least some Minbari, the candle flame reminds them of individual life. They also believe that we are 'made of starstuff', part of the universe trying to figure itself out. So it's a reminder that each individual is part of the greater whole with the ability and obligation to influence, to serve, that whole.

"We are Grey. We stand between the Darkness and the Light." That's the purpose of the Grey Council-to stand between the castes and lead the Minbari to the 'light' of mutual cooperation and away from the 'darkness' of civil war.

Anyway, it sounds weighty and powerful and intense and ritualistic...and cool. Not bad for four short sentences, huh?

Jan
            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Working...
            X