The ordering experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm,

seems us poking them worked My order has also gone to a status of "shipped" and I didn't have to ring back ('tis a wee bit hard to get toll free from Ireland don't ya know). I'm happy now, and, even allowing for crimbo postal delays, it'll probably be here Friday week. They also sent me an email saying it was shipped (not sure when, hotmail probably defaults to Redmond, since Microsoft are in their own, special time zone).
    Phaze,
    on the "it's shipped, it's shipped, I'm soooo happy" ID
    "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Mine was shipped today too!! Woo hoo!!!!!!!!

Could someone please tell me approximately how long it takes for the volume to arrive from the US to Europe via International Shipping? I think it's 7-10 days, but I'm not sure.

And the funny thing is that I'm going to be away on a trip till next Wednesday! If it'll take a week, I won't be here when it arrives! My poor volume will be all alone...

Happily waiting!
      What a sad thing you are! Unable to answer even such a simple question without falling back on references and genealogies and what other people call you! Have you nothing of your own? Nothing to stand on that is not provided, defined, delineated, stamped, sanctioned, numbered and approved by others? How can you be expected to fight for someone else, when you haven't the fairest idea who you are?

"Comes The Inquisitor"

Comment

MINE SHIPPED TODAY !!!*Does happy dance *.

Comment

Hmm...given how many orders seem to have broken out of the 'Production' snare in the last 24 hours, I wonder if they figured out the problem and got it fixed. That would be a good thing.

Jan
          Whose job often seems to consist of checking to ensure the computer hasn't dropped the ball somehow.
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
            As long as the window remains open long enough, why should they wait for everybody to receive all their other volumes? They might or they might not, but I don't see any reason why they should.
            Because I'm honestly worried about people buying all volumes in anticipation of being able to get the bonus 15th not being able to do so out of not being able to have all of their volumes delivered before the time expires for one to turn in the list of numbers for the 15th. Hopefully the time will be spread out enough, with how locally thinking they seem to have been so far and seeing all the various issues that have come up for people of other countries trying to get it shipped to them, it makes me hesistant that the 15th will be able to be pulled off without trouble.

Originally posted by Jan
            An entire year or more early...you're gonna be worn to a frazzle by then.
            Ode to a host of anxiety disorders.

Comment

All I can tell you is that you need to trust JMS and the team he's selected. I think that, if nothing else, if the person has ordered, they'd be able to have Jaclyn verify that with their order number while they wait for delivery.

Jan
              "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

The latest from JMS regarding the orders:

Title: Re: Scriptbook No.1 not yet arrived
                Author: [email protected]
                Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 23:03:10 +0000 (UTC)
                Message-ID: <[email protected] com>

According to Cafe Press, they've now shipped everything that was
                ordered, including all the Volume 2 orders, so anyone not sure where
                their stuff is should definitely check in with them or the B5 scripts
                team via the website feedback window.

Also...Cafe Press has straightened out the information on their mailing
                labels to Canada, so there shouldn't be any more problems with GST
                being added.

jms
                I posted a note that they really needed to fix the labeling on all of their international packages.

Jan

Comment

I wonder what exactly was the "computer glitch" that caused mine and others' orders to sit about invisibly out of the production cue. I wonder if such glitches happen often with other products on their website.

Comment

Okay, I'll bite. Why do you wonder? What other products do they have that has such an influx of orders?

Just judging from outside evidence, I'd say something happened that kept orders from entering the production stream and, once they became aware of it, they were able to fix it.

And it's queue, not cue.

Jan

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan
                      And it's queue, not cue.
                      Yes, Ms Grammar. It is rather etymologically fun to read that queue comes to us through French's queue, which came from Old French's cue.

Why do you wonder?
                      I wonder because if it was a computer glitch that did cause the issue, I then wonder if they have any way of correct their computer's programs such that the glitch doesn't happen again -- ie did they learn anything about their ways of production to help them improve the process -- or is it something that has the very real potential of happening again and again. If it's a computer glitch that caused it, does that automatically mean that it was because of the quantity of orders being placed? I would be more inclined to think it would be something that's part of their ordering processing program -- a their-side problem instead of an our-side problem. So I wonder if they've used its occurance to help improve things, or if they've just casually dismissed it as unimportant since people placing orders can just call them. ('Cause some of us in this world aren't too fond of using the phone. It's kind of a phobia thing. I've been so freaked out for no real reason (as is the nature of anxiety generated due to phobias) about calling someone so many times in the past that my heart would be beating so loudly that I could barely hear what the person was saying. It's not pleasant.) What they do with their errors can very much affect their image as to being able to be a business worth dealing with.

Comment

• Sorry, 'cue' vs 'queue' is one of those errors that's becoming the norm and it sets my teeth on edge. Same with 'per say' (whatever that means) vs 'per se'.

As for the error, I can't say that I can think of a way we could find out, nor do I think that we have a right to quiz them about it as a (so far) one-time event, even if I thought that any customer service person would have the answer...which I don't.

I'm sorry to hear about your anxiety. I've only experienced relatively small bouts of that but I know it's no fun at all.

Jan

Comment

• Sorry, 'cue' vs 'queue' is one of those errors that's becoming the norm and it sets my teeth on edge.
                          We all have our peeves. I froth at the mouth seeing or hearing stuff like "between John and I" and can easily go on a tear for quite a bit over it.

And yeah, I doubt anyone we could contact could inform us as to how they've react in-house to the glitch, nor would I expect anyone to tell us. It was just one of my many "I wonder..." things. I do hope, though, that if they could learn and improve from it that they have. I'd think it to be distasteful if they just waved it away as something unworthy of their concern.

Thank you, regarding your concern regarding my anxiety. I've certainly have had it interrupt more than a few things in my life. I've been on medication and been in therapy for it, but I haven't encountered anything that's helped. Just something I have to live with, I guess.

Oh well, I received notice that my Volume 2 is out of production and has entered the shipping process today. So, with the complimentary "next day" shipping upgrade, it would seem I might have it sometime this week.

Comment

• As for the computer glitch, I have heard people blame the computer when they do not even have a computer.
                            Andrew Swallow

Comment

• Got my first order today with a script book, a mug and the quote a month calendar. Everything came in great condition.

Unfortunately, there were supposed to be TWO script books. I called, the nice man got some numbers from me and will ship out the replacement and I should have it within the week.

I have to give him credit, too. I got hold of him at the very end of call hours and he was perfectly courteous and nice. And judging from the wait, it had to have been a long day.

Jan
                              now if they'd not included both books, then there'd've been trouble.

Comment

• Lucky you. My order was, in theory, shipped out yesterday. In reality, it's STILL sitting on the loading dock in Oakland California. THe supposed overnight shipping is bull.

Fuck it. I'm done ordering these things. I encourage jms to find some other publishing company, because cafe press doesn't have a CLUE how to do business. They will not be getting any more of my money without some big changes, including the firing of every person responsible for screwing up my orders.
                                "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

Working...
                                X