No announcement yet.

The ordering experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about you cancel your first order and then reorder using the coupon? That's what I would do. Or call and *ask* if they can apply the coupon? Or email the B5 scripts team and ask their advice? After all, nobody made us jump in and order the book in the first few minutes, did they?

I am going to cancel my order but I will do it over the phone seeing as how slow they are that is a better option.As for the coupon issue mine was attached to my first volume and I looked it twice to make sure I typed it in correctly I did.Then it told mine was expired already and it does not expire until the 30 th.As for the other coupon the electronic sent out by email they should have known how big the Babylon 5 fan base was and sent it out before volume 2 was released not after .I can only speak for myself I received the email within 10 to 15 after I placed the order.Maybe not even that long .

Comment

For those upset about the coupon situation, I just found a post on the moderated group from Amy that states that the email was delayed because of a power outage, not poor planning. When asked about using the coupon, Jaclyn of the B5 Scripts Team wrote:

>> YES, you can get your coupon applied retroactively. Unfortunately we do not handle any of the money here at headquarters. You need to have Cafe Press do that.
      Please call them during business hours on Monday with your order number.
      877-809-1659. <<
      Jan

11/28-corrected phone number
      Last edited by Jan; 11-28-2005, 08:14 AM.
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Thanks Jan! I'll make a point of doing that tomorrow.

Comment

Here we are, 33 posts into the thread and not one of us has the book yet. I've changed the thread title to "The ordering experience" which I think describes what we've been posting and I'll start another for Volume #2.

Mine was much more positive this time than last. For the first book, the Cafe Press system had trouble with my credit card information and I tried re-entering it a few times then gave up and called them on Monday. This time it went through immediately and I didn't have to re-enter my address either.

Hopefully this time the printing and shipping will go quickly. Most places learn their lesson about B5 fans after the first time. Of course the 'Joe Shop' just opened...<g>

Jan
          Last edited by Jan; 11-27-2005, 03:59 PM.
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Found another post from Amy with info that might be helpful:

As an added comment, Jaclyn just wrote back to tell me that Cafe Press is a bit overwhelmed with the B5 customer base, so if you _do_ have any problems with them in this regard (applying the coupon retroactively and amending your order), you should write to her at the B5 script team address and she'll talk to the "high muckety-mucks" herself. So, loads of cooperation and help from the B5 scripts people, which is nice.
            So to recap: Call Cafe Press at 1-877-809-1659 to ask about revising your order so you can use one of the coupons (or other issues with the shipping or physical book for instance). Make sure you have your order number when you call. IF you're not satisfied, then you can contact the B5 Scripts/Quote team at Feedback form

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Satai Delenn
              As for the other coupon the electronic sent out by email they should have known how big the Babylon 5 fan base was and sent it out before volume 2 was released not after .I can only speak for myself I received the email within 10 to 15 after I placed the order.Maybe not even that long .
              The only electronic coupon I received came from the B5scripts team, not from Cafepress, with the announcement that Volume 2 was ready for order. The announcement was timed well after the store went live (dated Sunday 27th not Saturday 26th), so if I had ordered straight away I would have missed it. That is certainly not Cafepress's fault.

However, as long as I get the order in in the first week I am not bothered, so I have no intention of trying to get in there and order at 6:01 for any of the volumes.
              The Optimist: The glass is half full
              The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
              The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Comment

Originally posted by alex_t
                I'm thinking of "If I live through this job without completely losing my mind it will be a miracle of Biblical proportions." for work
                Done and done. Ordered mine along with Volume 2. Also got a "Trust Ivanova, trust yourself, anyone else, shoot 'em" mug for my girlfriend that I'm slowing getting into B5.

Comment

The only electronic coupon I received came from the B5scripts team, not from Cafepress, with the announcement that Volume 2 was ready for order. The announcement was timed well after the store went live (dated Sunday 27th not Saturday 26th), so if I had ordered straight away I would have missed it. That is certainly not Cafepress's fault.
                  As far as I am concerned it is Cafepress's fault I don't apprecitate getting a coupon in my email box after I had already placed an order. And another thing I DID receive my announcement within 5 to 10 minutes after the order had been placed on Saturday night .the same night as the power outage.

Comment

Satai Delenn, it is NOT Cafe Press's fault. They have nothing to do with sending out the alert emails whatsoever. That's done by the Scripts/Quote only. The Scripts team has no way of knowing if or when you sent an order in so it's not something anybody did on purpose.

You need to know who does what if you're ever going to get satisfaction.

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Satai Delenn
                      As far as I am concerned it is Cafepress's fault I don't apprecitate getting a coupon in my email box after I had already placed an order. And another thing I DID receive my announcement within 5 to 10 minutes after the order had been placed on Saturday night .the same night as the power outage.
                      You missed it, tough luck. No big deal. Better luck next time. No need to overreact.

Comment

New Information regarding the coupons

Thanks again to Amy for this info:

Yet more information on this subject for those of you who placed your order
                        before receiving the coupons, and who now want to take advantage of them:

I called Cafe Press just a few minutes ago, as soon as they opened for
                        business. Jaclyn of the scripts team was _not_ correct. Cafe Press _cannot_
                        amend any completed order, and you cannot retroactively apply the coupon(s)
                        to your completed order.

The customer service person suggested that I call the store owner (i.e. the scripts team) to work this out. I instead opted to cancel the order, and
                        place a new order for the _two_ items I wanted plus the coupon. Customer
                        service said we could do that, and that there was no charge or restocking fee
                        or any kind of penalty for cancelling the order. I suppose you'd have to
                        cancel your order pretty quickly after placing it for this to work out.

So, those of you who want to buy some quotes merchandise and use the coupon,
                        it would be best to call up Cafe Press today, cancel your order before they
                        have a chance to process it and send it out, and place a _new_ order for all
                        the merchandise you want, and then apply the coupon accordingly to your
                        order.

Again, the number for Cafe Press's customer service is: 877-809-1659 (Outside
                        of US: 1-510-877-1579). You'll need to have your order number on hand.

Amy

--
                        The Shamanic Music Store
                        The leading source for music created specificall for the shamanic journey!
                        http://www.shamanicmusicstore.com
                        Emphasis mine. Guess everybody's learning by doing with this.

Jan
                        Last edited by Jan; 11-28-2005, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Crossing my fingers...

I placed my order for Vol#2 this morning, my first volume and order at Cafepress, and I'm already experiencing problems. I cannot login to my caffepress account! I know I have the correct username and password, but the system rejects me! I even tried to change my password in the "Password Assistance" page (you give your email and a new password), but I cannot get from Step 1 to Step 2, the page refreshes with nothing new! And what did cafepress reply to my email?? A simple link to their standard Help Pages!! That is not a solution or a nice attitude!

Eventually the problem will be solved, but it's a surprise to me, I've never had problems logging in in companies before. This plus the fact that I cannot get a tracking number since it's an international shipping makes me very worried. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

What a sad thing you are! Unable to answer even such a simple question without falling back on references and genealogies and what other people call you! Have you nothing of your own? Nothing to stand on that is not provided, defined, delineated, stamped, sanctioned, numbered and approved by others? How can you be expected to fight for someone else, when you haven't the fairest idea who you are?

"Comes The Inquisitor"

Comment

I've read in a couple of places that people have had that problem but if they posted what they did to solve it, I haven't seen that. Are you able to call them from where you are? If you do end up emailing them again, be sure to let them know what steps you've already taken.

If I see what others have done, I'll be sure to post it here.

Jan

Comment

Happily placing my order for Volume #2, I am still waiting on Volume #1.

Hopefully, my trust is well-placed.
                              John Brittain
                              2blueshoes.com for free blues downloads

Comment

In Production?

Hi Folks,

MY order for volume 2 has been "In production" since Monday, 28th November. One wonders how long it will take to shift from that to a status of "shipped" - it took a week last time (presumably due to the huge volume of orders) but I thought the B5 scripts team had advised CafÚ press to expect a larger flood of orders.

I'm just worried that in non-crimbo circumstances it took a week to get from the US to the 'aul sod (Ireland) and with the increased posting deadlines I'm afraid I might not get it until the new year (it comes in to my work address and I'm off from pm the 23rd through until the 3rd of JAnuary).

I'm not critcising CafÚ press, just puzzled as to how long it takes to print up a book and when they think it might ship. When I spoke to them on Monday evening (my time) they said it should ship tomorrow. Tomorrow is now yesterday and no sign of shipping yet.

Ah well, I'll wait.
                                BTW does anyone know how many copies of book one have sold so far, or could we ask the man himself?
                                Phaze
                                on the "I should really read book one b4 I start moaning about abscence of book 2" ID
                                [EDIT] PS Jan, you can move this on to the CafÚ Press thread if you feel it neccessary, I bow to your moderaterly wisdom [/EDIT]
                                Last edited by phazedout; 11-30-2005, 09:50 AM. Reason: PS
                                "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Working...
                                X