No announcement yet.

The ordering experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*curses curses *the declaration of principles isn't on a mug and it's the one item I'd definately buy .But at the same time I can see why it isn't too long.

Comment

I just tried to use my 5 bucks off coupon and it said my coupon had already expired the bottom says 11/30/05 is the expiraton on mine .What gives ?

Comment

Originally posted by Satai Delenn
        You know I can hear the complaining and nitpicking JMS must need the money he is milking the cow. I may order a throw of the minbari saying .
        ... "Milking the Cow?" That's like people getting all bent out of shape by singers doing songs to sell Chevrolet mini-vans, or Hollywood actors doing commercials in Japan (a lot of that here - Brad Pitt, Sean Connery, etc..) - people call it "selling out"...

... But this is how they make their money. It is what puts cash in their accounts to buy food, pay rents, go to the movies, etc...

... Even if the sums involved are far greater than the amount of money I'll ever make (very likely), the principle is the same.

... "Milk that cow, JMS!" I wanna T-Shirt, purple, XXL, with the words, "But in Purple, I am Stunning!" scrawled across the back! A B5 logo on the front would be cool, too. (and according to recent posts, this might actually be available in the near future)

... I remain hopeful.
        "I think I'll pass on the tuna, thanks."

Comment

I have to admit cafepress is timing is great I just an email about another 5 bucks off on the script but I had already placed my order when the announcement email arrived so I don't get the discount cause the email was to slow.

Comment

.... AH!!!

... Jan, You the man!! (not a man. per se, but you know what I mean).

... I hit the "Joe's store" link you just posted in another thread... and there it was !!! Not all purple, but close enough!!!

"I think I'll pass on the tuna, thanks."

Comment

Gee I must the only one with the "error "on the coupon .I will be complaining to cafepress on these issues you can all be sure of that . I will let everybody know what happens hopefully I won't run into the person Omahastar ran into .To say that I am more than a little disgruntled with cafepress is an understatement.
              Last edited by Satai Delenn; 11-26-2005, 08:36 PM.

Comment

If any of you other mega-efficient people are planning on ordering volume #2 tonight (the 26th) here's something else to think about. I ordered mine about a half hour after it became available (I was working on my laptop anyway tonight, so I just stopped what I was doing to order) but about an hour after my order went through, I got an e-mail from the website, offerering two new coupons, including one that would have given me another five bucks off the discounted price. Needless to say, I was more than a little annoyed having just ordered. So I would tell anybody else to maybe curb their enthusiasm for maybe a day before ordering, and look for an e-mail with the subject line '3 big announcements.' If nothing else, that five bucks will help pay your shpping costs, and as far as I'm concerned, I'm waiting until day two to order all future volumes.

Comment

Error on what coupon, Satai Delenn? The ones sent in the email reminder? Or in the order form?

Cafe Press isn't who sends out the reminders, the B5 scripts team did that. Simultaneously they had to:

--have the books order-able at 6:00 PM Pacific time-by my clock it was 6:02. Not bad.

--put up the store/website at the same time. Yep, that was done. Actually, that seemed to be up a few minutes early.

--and they had to send out the reminder email...which got to me about an hour after the books/quote store went live. Much, much improved over last time.

How about you cancel your first order and then reorder using the coupon? That's what I would do. Or call and *ask* if they can apply the coupon? Or email the B5 scripts team and ask their advice? After all, nobody made us jump in and order the book in the first few minutes, did they?

Jan
                  "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

You know .. someone asked a question about getting the books autographed by jms, and I read he had said to lug them up there the next time there was a con, and he'd be happy to.

The logistics of how these books are sold probably doesn't lend itself to autographing the books as they are bought/produced/delivered.

BUT...

I think that 15th volume might be a little different. For us ones that are going to stick through the whole thing, it would be nice if they could make arrangements/production runs to where jms could go in and autograph them. I think that'd be a heck-of-a-good-gesture.

Comment

Gee I must the only one with the "error "on the coupon .I will be complaining to cafepress on these issues you can all be sure of that . I will let everybody know what happens hopefully I won't run into the person Omahastar ran into .To say that I am more than a little disgruntled with cafepress is an understatement.
                      If you are talking about the coupon we received with our order I had the same problem. But it was a misstake on my part. The code I typed in was FASTS and it was supose to be FAST5. Their 5 sure looked like an S.
                      Joan

Comment

Originally posted by Nacho
                        I think that 15th volume might be a little different. For us ones that are going to stick through the whole thing, it would be nice if they could make arrangements/production runs to where jms could go in and autograph them. I think that'd be a heck-of-a-good-gesture.
                        It would be nice, that's for sure. I took a look at Mapquest and Hayward, CA is about 350 miles from LA- a bit far for an autograph run, probably.

When another newsgroup got together to have a POD house publish some favorite posts, they printed up a bunch of title pages and mailed them to the author who autographed them and sent them back to be bound into the books. That might work for Volume 15 since it would appear that there will be a known maximum number of copies to be printed. The thing is, though, that the company who did it for us was a mom-and-pop operation (literally) and Cafe Press is pretty large. They might be willing to do it if they make enough money from this.

Jan
                        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

All-in-all a great night. Nice dinner with the sweetie, got to see Rent, had wonderful ice cream at Stome Cold Creamery and got home to see not only vol 2 was ready, but all kinds of goodies to order. I had to get the Karma quote on a shirt since I use it so often at work! And even $10.00 off.

Life is good......
                          You get what everyone gets. A lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauriel
                            I had to get the Karma quote on a shirt since I use it so often at work!
                            LOL! I had the same thought except that I got "15 things, all of them annoying" on a mug.

Jan

Comment

Jan

When another newsgroup got together to have a POD house publish some favorite posts, they printed up a bunch of title pages and mailed them to the author who autographed them and sent them back to be bound into the books.
                              Heh, that's a good idea Jan. Solves the "logistic" problems, and it could be bound **inside** the book, rather than getting the book with an autographed cover. Autographs on a cover like we are getting wouldn't last. I remember Joe Nazzaro gave a place to order the "Day of the Dead" script (thanks Joe!), and I did and Neil autographed them, but he autographed the black cover in gold (or maybe silver) felt-tip pen. It's hard to see it, and it'd probably wear off easily if not protected.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
                                LOL! I had the same thought except that I got "15 things, all of them annoying" on a mug.

Jan
                                I'm thinking of "If I live through this job without completely losing my mind it will be a miracle of Biblical proportions." for work

Comment

Working...
                                X