No announcement yet.

The ordering experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message sent to B5 Scripts. Now, at the very least, I have 2 rants out of my system!

Comment

• Wow. I just checked my e-mail and I had an answer! Jaclyn is awesome. She found out that they refunded my shipping fee, although I still have not heard back from Cafe Press. I must sing the praises of Jaclyn. The altar to the B5 scripts team is almost ready. OK, maybe theres no altar, but I am very impressed with the quick response. I have learned my lesson and if there are any problems in the future I go to Jaclyn first!

Comment

• She was a great help to me too when I ordered some books last week. Give the lady a raise
        Flying around the room under my own power.

Comment

• I agree! Hey, JMS! Give Jaclyn and her team a raise!

Jaclyn's been great but she's also backed by Cafe' Press's commitment, too. Last week when I only got my books but not my quote stuff, I wrote to Jaclyn to see if they could check and see if there were supposed to be two shipments even though the UPS label only said one. The response that she got from CP said that they only saw the one shipment, too, so they were sending replacements right away rather than waiting to see if there was a second shipment. Of course, the next day I got the originals that had been shipped separately a day after.

In fact, when it comes to making right on errors, CP has been wonderful. It's just much easier to ping Jaclyn.

Jan
          Last edited by Jan; 05-29-2006, 07:21 AM.
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• wahey!

Well I must say CafÚ Press have done the impossible, and actually impressed me. My order (as I said earlier in this thread) shipped on Wed, 24th May. When I got in to work this morning (I don't work mondays and have stuff shipped there rather than home becuase I've only got a small letterbox) it was sitting in my desk
            That's only 5 days from order, and only 3 working days for delivery, by the US Postal Service as courier delivery isn't available for International orders.
            I've emailed both CafÚ PRess and the scripts team to express my delighted gratitude.
            By Comparison, the Open University (Based in Milton Keynes, outside London, England) sent me a package (by 2nd class post admittedly) on the 12th of May. It also arrived yesterday. Hmm, 17 days to travel roughly 300 miles vs 5 days to travel over 3,000. I know which service I'd pick again.
            Phaze
            on the "very cheerful and won't complain again (this month anyway )" ID
            "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

• Here we go again.

I knew I shouldn't have done it. I haven't ordered any of these volumes since #2, because of the shitty service. I told myself not to, but with the content of this volume, I thought I wanted it, combined with the $10 coupon, making it 20 bucks.

Well, surprise suprise. My order, once again, was "lost in the system" ... Just like the last order I had. According to Duane, the CP rep I just spoke with "It's extremely rare for this to ever happen, and certainly it's never happened to anyone twice." I told him to check the notes on my previous orders.

Oh, you'll all be thrilled to know there are more orders held in the system. He doesn't know how many, because he stopped counting.

So, for those who are actually getting their merchandise right away, great. I'm not one of them (even though I have overnight shipping). For those whose credit cards have not been charged, lucky you. Mine was charged, and it went through. NOT a hold/authorization. Which is strange, when you consider the book hasn't shipped yet, in fact, hasn't even been printed. So they're engaged in illegal activity, whether it's through a glitch in their system, or something else.

My ordering experience - Three orders, three completely fouled-up experiences.

One would think they'd have fixed this in the last 6 months. One would be wrong. They don't want/need my money, that's pretty obvious.
              "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

• Omaha, you really should email Jaclyn at [email protected]. My order has gotten stuck in they system a couple of times, too, but she'll watch and follow up and make sure it's priotized. Trust me on this.

As for illegal activity, remember that your bank handles an authorization exactly the same as a charge if you use a debit card. Could that be the case?

Jan
                "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan
                  Omaha, you really should email Jaclyn at [email protected]. My order has gotten stuck in they system a couple of times, too, but she'll watch and follow up and make sure it's priotized. Trust me on this.
                  I emailed her after I posted the message above. This is making them all look bad. And it looks like Duane lied to me, when he said it didn't happen to the same person twice. It's happened to me on every order, it's happened to you a couple times. This would seem to be something they would want to get fixed.

As for illegal activity, remember that your bank handles an authorization exactly the same as a charge if you use a debit card. Could that be the case?

Jan
                  All the details are displayed on my bank's website. It shows the status, whether it's debit, authorization, check, etc., and this shows as a charge, not an authorization.

Comment

• Sounds to me like they have a glitch in certain accounts that triggers this. Namely yours.

My order was shorted this last run, so I'm in a similar-if-less-severe boat. Jaclyn will get you straightened out - she responded to me in less than two hours, and all was well.
                    Radhil Trebors
                    Persona Under Construction

Comment

• Without wanting to be accused of gloating, and just to ensure that there is a balance in this thread, I have to say that I have ordered all seven volumes from the UK, and all seven orders have been dealt with in the speedy and efficient manner I have come to expect from Cafepress.

Like any operation of this nature they have their problems, sure, but overall I am very pleased with them.
                      The Optimist: The glass is half full
                      The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
                      The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Comment

• I finally got my script this morning. All is now right with the world. (For a little while, anyway.)

Comment

• *headdesk*

Ok. On 5/31, I got a shipping notification, saying it was shipped out overnight by UPS. I didn't receive it 6/01. 6/02, I checked the UPS website, and it shows "billing information received" on 5/30 - they haven't been given the package yet.

I didn't even bother with the trained monkeys, and went straight to J. I got an email back from her, which says, in part, this is the third order just this week that has had the same thing come up.

She's investigating.

What is so difficult for the folks at CP to get? Customer places order. Customer is billed for product. Customer receives product. Somehow, they have a problem between steps 2 and 3, and they can't seem to understand there IS a problem.

Comment

• No response from J yet. I called UPS and found out CP hasn't even given them the package yet, despite sending in billing info on 5/30. In fact, they didn't hand over the package until tonight. UPS now has it, so I should have it on Monday. I ain't holding my breath.

So .. let's review.

I place the order on the net.

Order status doesn't change. I call them and am told it's stuck. I have to do this because they either won't or can't check to make sure orders go through.

I receive email saying it's been shipped.

Several days go by. I email J asking for status. Receive reply saying she's checking on it. I check with UPS and find out CP was in error where the truth is concerned, and hadn't shipped it at all.

WHY do I have to ride CP every step along the way to make sure they're doing their job? What is SO difficult about this? If they can't follow through, why are they in business?

Comment

• Well, to be fair, I haven't had any trouble with any orders after the first when they weren't expecting such a big response, until this last order. Someone in their organization is transmitting the info to UPS, but someone else must be delaying the packages from being sent out. It makes sense to me that a person in admin would be sending info to UPS and another in shipping would physically handle the package. There is probably a communications glitch somewhere. Hopefully this will be cleared up before next volume. I doubt you'll get much of a response on the weekend. I have never seen an update on my account until the regular work week, which indicates to me that they take orders, but don't do any physical work on weekends. Of course, this is just an assumption. I could very easily be wrong.

Comment

• Warehouse crew, more than like. You can have the most pleasant people in the world running the shop & show, but it's for nothing if you hire dimwits for handling everything. And most people do.
                                Radhil Trebors
                                Persona Under Construction

Comment

Working...
                                X