No announcement yet.

The ordering experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same thing happened here, VL. They were sneaky and underhanded and shipped mine the same day I ordered it. Of all the nerve!

EDIT: No, waitaminit. I ordered mine on Tuesday but still should have gotten it on Friday since it should have only shipped out on Wednesday (but actually did ship on Tuesday).

At any rate, looks like whatever bobbles occured last month when they changed printing locations have certainly been fixed.

Jan
    Last edited by Jan; 04-20-2006, 05:33 PM.
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Even more humorous to me than how fast my one day delivery on my two day shipping is that I just now checked my email for the day and found out that the automatic email that you get sent notifying you your package has been shipped is timestamped a couple hours AFTER I received the package. It's just so weird, but kind of fun at the same time.

Comment

• Uh-oh....sounds like that time bubble that JMS used to use to make it seem like he squeezed 2 hours of show into a 1 hour windo may have gotten loose. We can probably expect havock now with people getting to work before they've even woken up and...oh, wait...that's a normal state of affairs, isn't it?

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• shipping from the East Coast at last

I ordered my copy on Wednesday (right after returning from vacation). I got the on its way email Thursday, and it was at the local UPS Friday. So, it should be at my home Monday. This time the shipping started from Kentucky instead of Oregon (or wherever on the West Coast it had been all previous times).

Neil

Comment

• Shipped on Monday, should be here today.
            Got movies? www.filmbuffonline.com

Comment

• Has anyone had a... printing quality... problem with Volume 6?

Comment

• The clock is ticking...

I'm just pondering - will there be any diff between production=>shipped for european orders.
                I ordered mine (per CafÚ Press site) @ 9:50:37 am (ten mins before it went on sale. So, I just wanted to compare, are non-US orders any faster than US ones?
                Phaze
                on the "performace analysis" ID
                "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

• Well, I'm not part of the Scripts Team but I *think* that the only orders given any kind of priority are the ones that opt for expedited shipping. I know that those are bumped to the head of the production line. You could always write and ask the Scripts Team if there are other priorities.

And speaking of which...my order has shipped already and is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday! Woo-Hoo! This time I had some quote stuff, not just the books so I'm extra impressed.

Jan

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan
                    <snippedidt do-dah<.

And speaking of which...my order has shipped already and is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday! Woo-Hoo! This time I had some quote stuff, not just the books so I'm extra impressed.

Jan
                    What
                    Mine sat in porduction for a week last time
                    grrrr
                    Admit it Jan, you've been extending your god-like moderator powers over to CafÚ Press so they'll rush your order.
                    Phaze
                    on the "lucky to see volume 7 by July" ID
                    p.s.yes I know I'm only reading volume 2 right now, but it's the pirnciple of the thing
                    <edit>
                    you've got me all proactive now Jan, since it's still in production as of 5 mins ago, and hasn't updated in almost 24 hours, I sent them feedback askingif International orders are delayed and would it be simpler to ship to a friend in the continental US and have them send it on to me
                    Don't worry, I didn't mean you
                    Last edited by phazedout; 05-23-2006, 10:46 AM.
                    "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

• wahey! shipped, so about 44 hours overall(see text below copied form CafÚ Press's site)
                      Order Status : Shipped 05/24/06

Last Updated: 5/24/2006 5:13:05 AM

Order Number:
                      Order Date: 5/22/2006 9:50:37 AM
                      Based on previous orders it'll arrive in about a fortnight.
                      Phaze
                      on the "still reading volume 2, so what am I complaining about" ID
                      edit unique order number removed, wouldn't want someone else claiming my volume 15 (not that any of ye nice people would do that) </edit>

Comment

• Originally posted by phazedout
                        edit unique order number removed, wouldn't want someone else claiming my volume 15 (not that any of ye nice people would do that) </edit>
                        Not to worry, they changed that after Volume 2 as I recall. From what I gather, they'll be checking the claim forms carefully against the order records.

Jan

Comment

• Well, I'm irritated. I selected standard shipping, since I had that wonderful $10 off coupon, and my package was supposed to be shipped on the 23rd The UPS site has not updated in 2 days, but this has happened before. Now I just saw that they have "rescheduled" my package and it won't arrive 'til June 1st! The first time I've gone for more than the super saver shipping! I've written to Cafe Press's customer service and am awaiting a reply. I really just wanted to rant with some sympathetic souls. I'm not happy with UPS.

Comment

• Rant to Us

Hi everyone. As captain of the scripts team I just want to let you know that if you have ANY issues regarding your orders that you can contact us instead of CafePress. We're equipped to handle any situation and can resolve most issues quicker because we are focused on Babylon 5 scripts orders exclusively.

And, Karen, if you just want to rant to us about UPS, that's fine too. Email [email protected]. 24/7

-- Jaclyn

Comment

• Hi Jaclyn, good to see you stop by! Thanks for all your help, past & present.

Jan

Comment

• Yes, indeed, thank you for all the help you've given, Jaclyn!

Comment

Working...
                                X