No announcement yet.

The ordering experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan, so did Jaclyn indicate that all orders that were made with 2-Day shipping should have been shipped by now because of expedition? I ask because mine hasn't and I'm wondering if I need to say something too.

Comment

• VL,

Yes, you may want to shoot her a note ( [email protected] ) just to be safe as she said that mine should have gone out on Monday and I assume that it's the same for all expedited shipping methods.

It seems that that software glitch is that has held items in 'Production Limbo' in the past has struck again because she let me know a short time ago that she just shook mine loose when they noticed the problem.

She also reminded me that it could take up to 24 hours for my status change to show up.

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Thanks for alerting us to what happened Jan. As a result, I did go ahead and email Jaclyn. She replied to my email considerably quickly, and she said that my order was one of "a boatload of orders" that fell to this software glitch that CafePress had. It sucks knowing that had my order not run into this glitch that I would have had volume 5 delivered this past week. At least the 2-day shipping of my order is going to be free now as compensation for the error.

Comment

• Well, my copies of Volume 5 are finally on the way as of yesterday afternoon. Poor Jaclyn had to contact CP a number of times as they were switching manufacturing from CA to KY which is what caused the glitch. To give her credit, she kept me informed at all times.

Oddly enough, apparently my Core Questions coffee mug slid through manufacturing and shipping unnoticed because I found a notice on my door last night that it's waiting for me at the apartment office. Then last night the tracking finally showed up on my order summary at CP.

Jan
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• shipping delay

I ordered my Vol. 5 on the 10th and finally got a shipping notice yesterday. The UPS tracking only says
            UPS has received shipper's billing information electronically. Billing information received does not indicate shipment pickup or drop-off. Please contact the shipper for more details.
            I guess I'll just have to wait in antic-i-pa-tion.

Neil

Comment

• It arrived

My Vol. 5 arrived at last on Tuesday.

Neil

Comment

• Anyone else overseas still waiting for his/her book? I ordered mine the same day it was released (as usual ) and it was shipped more than 1-1/2 half weeks ago. I may be spoiled because issues 2-4 only took a couple of days to reach me, but still, I start to get worried... problems with customs again?

Comment

• Originally posted by cornholio1980
                  Anyone else overseas still waiting for his/her book? I ordered mine the same day it was released (as usual ) and it was shipped more than 1-1/2 half weeks ago. I may be spoiled because issues 2-4 only took a couple of days to reach me, but still, I start to get worried... problems with customs again?
                  yes me too! But cafepress sent me the shipping confirmation mail weeks ago. Although Vol 2 - 4 slipped through the customs I quess I'll have to pay taxes for Vol 5 (as I did for Vol 1)

Comment

• If you do, be sure to let the Scripts Team know. They just changed manufacturing sites so there may need to be retraining as far as the labeling is concerned.

Jan

Comment

• I just noticed this down at the bottom of the email notice:

The Babylon 5 scripts team wants to remind you we are here if you need any assistance. We pride ourselves on responding to all emails personally and quickly.

Know that you always have the option of contacting us BEFORE you contact Cafe Press about any issue.

In fact we have a direct line to the Cafe Press headquarters which allows us to resolve any situation.

You can reach us via [email protected]cripts.com or by using the feedback form on the website.
                      As I've said before, Jaclyn has always been *very* responsive and helpful.

Jan

Comment

• Either I managed to be one of the first people to order, or Cafe Press is getting good at this. Just got the email saying that my order shipped.

Comment

• Woo-Hoo! Just got an email that my books have shipped already. Went to the tracking and discovered that it actually shipped last night and is scheduled to be here tomorrow! This is extra good because I opted for second day shipping since I'm off work Friday and Monday.

Yippee!

Jan

Comment

• I just saw that I didn't pick up with my problems with Vol. 4 here, and definitely feel I have to do so:
                            I wrote an E-Mail to Jaclyn, and got a reply very quickly. She informed me that something definitely went wrong when I was already waiting a couple of weeks for my Vol. 4 to arrive, and that she will send along another one (no charge!) to me - which I got just a couple of days later.

Say what you will about Cafepress... but the service of the B5 Script Team is as good as it gets

Comment

• Well talk about quick shipping I ordered mine on 18 and it arrived today and I picked super saver shipping.

Comment

• I can also talk about quick shipping.

I ordered my vol6 yesterday. I selected 2-day shipping. So, I was anticipating getting it tomorrow.

It came this afternoon. I'm still rather baffled as to how 2-day shipping could take only one day. Not that I mind, of course. But... wow!

Comment

Working...
                                X