No announcement yet.

Script Book #1 - SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... It came today. JOY JOY JOY!! And perfect timing, no less. A national holiday (Japanese Labor Day). JOY JOY JOY!

... Just through the intro, and already, I'm fascinated...

... This "coincidence" about DS9 ... wow . . .

"I think I'll pass on the tuna, thanks."

Comment

I suspect that someone thought that the telepath was the dumb blond secretary role, rather than the warrior queen. Pat Tallman had the wrong colour hair, so she was out.
      Andrew Swallow

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
        The major excption is the sub-story of the auditor coming on board. I'm glad it went away, really. It added comedy of a sort to the story but didn't do anything for the story, really. IMO, the way the Command Staff invalidated him would have actually harmed any positive feelings the viewer was beginning to have toward the main characters. There were quite a number of times when the B5 staff would resort to questionable methods to save lives or to protect the proper running of the Station but this was a) pretty shoddy and b) way too soon.

Jan
        Yeah, it didn't seem to be one of the best-written subplots in the series, but seeing it for the first time immediately brought up one question for me. If this B-story had actually made it to the screen, would it be yet another incident that comes back to haunt Sinclair in Eyes?

Comment

Originally posted by SLerman
          Yeah, it didn't seem to be one of the best-written subplots in the series, but seeing it for the first time immediately brought up one question for me. If this B-story had actually made it to the screen, would it be yet another incident that comes back to haunt Sinclair in Eyes?
          That's a good question. On the one hand, I doubt it's something that the Auditor would have wanted known but Ben Zayn would have enjoyed digging it up to use against them, wouldn't he? While I doubt the conversation pulling the rug out from under the auditor would have been taped, there might have still been a record of the original report he was going to file. That big a discrepancy would certainly have been grounds for an investigation.

Jan
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Looks like everyone else got the book already, except me. Dammit, I live in Germany, the country with the fastest post in the world!

Comment

Originally posted by alex_t
              Looks like everyone else got the book already, except me. Dammit, I live in Germany, the country with the fastest post in the world!
              Do not worry too much, my copy has not arrived either.
              Andrew Swallow

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_Swallow
                Do not worry too much, my copy has not arrived either.
                Same over here in Austria...

Comment

Good to know that I'm not alone!
                  At least looks like this is not an post error

Comment

From Belgium

From Brussels: mine arrived yesterday. Not so far from Germany...
                    So... it's coming soon.
                    Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth.
                    John Sheridan

Comment

I finally got around to studying "The Gathering". I think the time between this writer's draft and the time he wrote the produced script was put to good use ...

I thought Londo came over in this script as quite a bit more pathetic in nature than he was.

The details too .. Like Garibaldi and drinking, Lyta being in the "Earth Telegenesis" instead of "Psi Corps".

And Vorlons so talkative .. LOL. I almost got the idea they were too close to human in form too.

And Jackarr was a little "too harse/combative" to me.

But .. I guess most of this is coming from viewing the complete series as it came to be produced .. and how the characters played out and changed.

Comment

Originally posted by DeMonk
                        From Brussels: mine arrived yesterday. Not so far from Germany...
                        So... it's coming soon.
                        Hey I live in Brussels too.

Good to see someone from this part of the Globe around here.

I haven't bought the scripts (yet).

But reading this topic, is making my hands ichy to get them.

Regards.
                        For the Glory of Gamilon!!!!

Comment

Well, 30/11 - still no scripts...

Comment

I did finally get mine this Monday.

I am so glad this version of The Gathering was never produced. For pretty much every reason Joe also specified that things were changed. Even the "forced" one of the shapeshifter. Even the Delenn/"Jackarr" exchange. Especially the joke nonsense.

The Mind War script reads better than it plays. Which I didn't think was possible for G'kar's closing scene.

Infection reads worse than it plays, which also says quite a bit.

Stores about Walter Koenig are good. Very good.

I <3 cast photos.

Hope the next one comes quicker.
                            Radhil Trebors
                            Persona Under Construction

Comment

Reading Midnight on the Firing Line

This morning I put on my Babylon 5 sweatshirt, took down Volume 1 of the scripts, and put on the Best of Babylon 5 Christopher Franke CD (the CD that came with the Sierra computer thing that I should try out again some time). Anyway, it was an interesting experience reading it along with hearing the familiar B5 music. If I was actually listening to the specific episode soundtrack that might be a more interesting experience. One thing I noticed was that Lyta was still in the script and from my memory Talia's lines were practically exactly what was written for Lyta in the actual episode. There was just a slight different (re)into to her.

Neil

Comment

Which means that the lesbian affair between Ivanova and Talia was originally meant to be between Ivanova and Lyta. Same for Garibaldi romancing the teep.
                                Andrew Swallow

Comment

Working...
                                X