Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BSG: Who else is a Cylon? (warning, spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laiden
    replied
    Originally posted by Sabotman
    umm, how about Boxy?
    No one said the human cylons were all adults.
    My top choice goes to Baltar, but unlike the others, I think he's really a person who was made cylon.
    Six in his head, dispite how tired he gets he just keeps going...
    if you read earlier . . . I already said something about that

Originally posted by Laiden
    what if one of the Cylons is a Child about 8-12 years old? that could always be a possibility . . . I kinda thought of it last night after seeing the new series' Boxey once again. they may not be able to Concieve, but they could always make a humanoid Cylon and have it grow and develop right?
    I still think the idea of having a humanoid cylon be a child would be wicked and could also be freaky depending on how they make that character . . . a funny thought crossed my mind of Boxey being a Cylon and running around planting bombs!
    In other Words, I couldnt agree with you more

Originally posted by I Love Lyta
    I was wondering though why the re-appearing arms dealer dude knew so much about Starbuck...
    Leoben probably knew about her from what the Boomer model knows (not on Galactica since she is a sleeper, but the other models) I think there is another instance of explination why, but I cannot remember at this time.
    Last edited by Laiden; 10-12-2005, 12:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• I love Lyta
    replied
    OK, I'm a noob but after season1 I'd think Billy and Tyrol.
    Tyrol's love for Boom Boom is one thing. But putting Galactica's well being on the line for it?
    But I also have to agree that Gaeta is just as suspicious as Billy...
    But what do I know.
    Let's see if I revise my selection after watching season 2.

I was wondering though why the re-appearing arms dealer dude knew so much about Starbuck...
    Last edited by I love Lyta; 10-11-2005, 11:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sabotman
    replied
    try this

umm, how about Boxy?
    No one said the human cylons were all adults.
    My top choice goes to Baltar, but unlike the others, I think he's really a person who was made cylon.
    Six in his head, dispite how tired he gets he just keeps going...

Leave a comment:

• Laiden
    replied
    Boxey Sighting!

I'm in the middle of episode 3 "Bastille Day" and baltar looks lost I think, and he sees starbuck coming his way with a little brown haired boy walking beside her . . .

Baltar: Lt. Thrace! Good to see you
    Starbuck: Good to see you too!
    Baltar: Really?
    Starbuck: No! *hi-five's Boxey and laughs*

then he accompanies her to the Pilot briefing as she is wearing Sunglases and smoking a stogey . . .

*boxey lights her stogey*
    Starbuck: Now. one of you has been coming in hot lately, a little too hot. A little . . . oh I dont know so hot he's burin' the deck with his skids because he cant pull back on the throttle too hot. who is this speed demon my prince?
    Boxey: Flatop sir!

stay tuned for further updates

UPDATE!!! listened to the commentary for that episode and they said that is his last appearance . . . some alternatives were that he was going to form a family type of thing between sharon and Tyrol, but there ya go!
    Last edited by Laiden; 09-21-2005, 10:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• vacantlook
    replied
    Yeah, I would've liked something saying he was transfered to a different ship that had families and other kids on it -- that that would be better for him than hanging out with a bunch of military personel. It would make sense and would take the kid out of the picture without setting it up as if we'd see more of him popping up here and there from his cookie eating in the pilot's quarters at the end of the mini.

Leave a comment:

• Laiden
    replied
    I'll look into it, I think the commentary for the mini he explains why, but I'm sure they could have easily just said how he was put on a different ship or something . . . I kinda agree, but going through it . . . like you said Vacantlook "Lord! I totally forgot about that kid in the miniseries despite my having watched the mini several times." so did I! since I JUST watched the mini last night I remembered, but he obviously wasnt memorable enough so I don't find them not explaining him away a big loss

Leave a comment:

• vacantlook
    replied
    ...Moore said the character didn't fit in the series.
    Le sigh. That makes me wonder why they even bothered putting him so prevelantly in the miniseries then. The mini ended with it looking as if Boxey was gonna be a bit of a little stepbrother of sorts for all the pilots on the Galactica. They could have so totally written the end of his character differently in the mini if he "didn't fit". And I personally think Boxey could have fit if he was written right; it's not like he needed to be in every episode or anything.

Leave a comment:

• Laiden
    replied
    If memory serves he was just in the mini. I watched "33" the first episode of season 1 last night and he wasnt there . . . Moore said the character didn't fit in the series.

Leave a comment:

• vacantlook
    replied
    ...a funny thought crossed my mind of Boxey being a Cylon and running around planting bombs!
    Lord! I totally forgot about that kid in the miniseries despite my having watched the mini several times. I wouldn't mind seeing him again, actually. I didn't see the first few episode of the main series itself; my first main series episode was the one of Starbuck training new pilots. Was Boxey in any episodes prior to that? Or was the only time we've seen him the miniseries?

Leave a comment:

• Laiden
    replied
    Well put Vacantlook! I still think the idea of having a humanoid cylon be a child would be wicked and could also be freaky depending on how they make that character . . . a funny thought crossed my mind of Boxey being a Cylon and running around planting bombs!

Leave a comment:

• vacantlook
    replied
    One thing I'm curious about though is if the Cylons might be capable of having previously captured someone with such an established history, hold that person captive, create a physical doppelganger that would be programmed with memories of the real person, and then install the doppelganger into position truly believing that they are the real person.

We know that some Cylons (Boomer onboard Galactica, for example) are/were programmed to believe themselves to be human. How advanced and detailed can the Cylons get such programming?

I'm curious to see if it's possible that one big history characters might be a Cylon with the real person being locked away in some Cylon prison or something and we end up with the Cylon being killed and eventually the real version coming back later in the show.

EDIT to include:

I agree about Cally....

...but Gaeta is the LEAST on my list because EVERYONE suspects him.
    I don't suspect Gaeta much either, but also suspect Cally. I remember wondering immediately after watching her shoot Boomer if that might be a bit of Cylon programming to clean up the mess. To quote Kirk from Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country, "First rule of assassination: kill the assassins."
    Last edited by vacantlook; 09-21-2005, 11:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Laiden
    replied
    I agree about Cally. not only do I not like her personality and find her visualy and verbaly annoying, but when she shot Boomer, it was before they were going to perform LIVING tests. I think it was Cally's intention to keep them from doing that . . . although it seems otherwise.

Billy is human, dualla . . . maybe, but Gaeta is the LEAST on my list because EVERYONE suspects him.

Leave a comment:

• SpooRancher
    replied
    Firstly, I believe that the Number Six/Shelly Godfrey model WAS there in "Six Degrees". She had the glasses, and the computer data that she gave to them. I do believe that the computer would have had a fit if someone inserted a CD that didn't exist.

Now, to my thoughts on the cast members as Cylons. I believe there WILL be another cast member as a Cylon, and it will come completely out of the blue. So far, we have known about the Cylons before the crew did, and with the exception of D'Anna Biers in "Final Cut", we haven't been surprised by a Cylon model revelation since Boomer at the end of the mini-series. We are big-time overdue for a knife in the back courtesy of what we believed to have been a loyal crew member.

So, without further ado, my thoughts on who might be a Cylon, and why.

The criteria I use are the following:
    The individual must have a short recent history, a few years at most, with very little confirmable knowledge before that.
    The individual must have made decisions that are detrimental to the fleet, yet may or may not have seemed like a good idea at the time.
    The individual must have no children, as the Boomer model's child is the first human-cylon child. Nobody that the Cylons have attempted to breed can be a Cylon either, as they most certainly would not attempt to breed something they believe to be basically sterile.

These criteria, for the most part, eliminate Commander Adama, Captain Apollo, Starbuck, Baltar, President Roslin, Tom Zarek, Colonel Tigh and Mrs. Tigh.

Sure, Zarek, Roslin and the Tighs have some definite indicators. None have children, and all four have made some doozies of bad decisions which have given the Cylons all kinds of opportunities for destruction. But, all of them have long histories. Unlikely, but not impossible, that they are Cylons.

Gaeta and Dualla, on the other hand, appear out of practically nowhere within the past few years (Gaeta 3 years ago, Dualla just before the miniseries) and are in a big-time important position right on the bridge. Both have made decisions which aided the Cylons, intentionally or unintentionally. Dualla aided the escaping Apollo and Roslin, which allowed the fleet to be divided. Gaeta suspected something was up at that time, but didn't report it. Gaeta also came up with the idea of networking the computers in "Scattered", allowing the Cylon virus to reak it's havoc at least twice already.

Cally has also done something that makes me suspect her. When she killed Boomer, was it really because she was punishing the damn toaster for ruining her hero Chief Tyrol's life? Or, was it to prevent Boomer from either helping the humans or revealing other Cylon models? Number Six did tell Baltar that the Cylons would have deeply rooted self-protection protocols, even if they were unaware that they were actually Cylons.

And, Billy. We really know NOTHING about Billy, except that he is the President's most trusted advisor. He is socially inept (as are most of the Cylons, they just don't understand humanity, and may be extending the extermination of mankind just to try to understand them). Other than that, we know just about nothing of who he is. So, my picks are:

Drum roll please.....

Dualla and Billy.

Leave a comment:

• vacantlook
    replied
    That could be an interesting twist to have a Cylon as a young kid.

Leave a comment:

• Laiden
    replied
    What About A Child?

Let's say that Sharon's and whoever else's memories are not "fake" that they did "grow up" and were created as a baby. what if one of the Cylons is a Child about 8-12 years old? that could always be a possibility . . . I kinda thought of it last night after seeing the new series' Boxey once again. they may not be able to Concieve, but they could always make a humanoid Cylon and have it grow and develop right?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X