Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BSG: Who else is a Cylon? (warning, spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is definitely a Six still in the fleet. She showed up to accuse Baltar of treason that one ep in season one, and was never captured afterwards.
    Why is it that I thought the person doing the accusation was some other woman and that the Six in Baltar's mind just overlayed her own image on top of the other woman occationally to confuse the crap out of Baltar?

...Six is playing her own game. Has a rogue agenda of her own. Which wouldn't really suprise me....
    Wouldn't surprise me either, especially considering how disapproving she seems to be of the Boomer model. Something makes me feel like we might get to have a conflict of interest between the two eventually with each of them working for their own goals against each other.

Comment

Vacantlook, I hope this conversation helps with the "six" being in the fleet.

Galactica - C.I.C.
      Adama: How did she get off of the ship?!
      Tigh: Got me, there's been no ships coming or going-
      Adama: I gave you an order.
      Tigh: I had two marines tailing her, they say they went around a corner and she was gone.
      Dualla: Every ship in the fleet has reported in, sir, there's no sign of her.
      Adama: That's unacceptable. She was here, she was right here! This woman existed, she didn't just vanish. Have them check again.
      Dualla: Every ship?
      Adama: Every ship, including this one. (picks up her pair of ugly glasses off the work station they were using at the beginning) She didn't just vanish!

taken from episode 107 - Six degrees of separation. I can't decided whether she is still in the fleet or not, but she was there that is for certain.
      "It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain. If we are wise, what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world, because we learn that we can no longer afford the mistakes of the past." -- G'Kar in Babylon 5:"In the Beginning"

Comment

Thanks Laiden. I didn't remember that part. I thought I remembered Six doing some heavy duty flirting with Commander Adama, but that never made any sense to me. But if she was there, then she could have flirted and him respond.

Is the reference to the ugly glasses a pair of glasses she was wearing in the episode? Because I was wondering... if she wasn't actually there maybe instead she was broadcasting to everyone on the ship somehow. There's the claim that there's no chip in Baltar's head enabling him to see her (yes, I agree that the possibility that it's Cylon technology and thus just undetectible to Human tech is the most likely explanation), so maybe she's just been broadcasting into his mind somehow and she extended that broadcast to others on the ship during that episode.

Comment

How about this idea?

What if the Doctor on Galactica is one of the 6?

He could fake the images of the device in Baltar's head. He would also be in place when/if Baby Boomer actually gives birth to the child as well.

Comment

yeah, it was the ugly glasses she wore. although with the fact of not knowing who was around, they glasses could be planted and then, if she does indeed broadcast into his mind, expand that broadcast to the entire crew. At this point I am just going to have to shrug and say "who knows . . ."

Don't forget about the Season one DVD out 9/20 (tomorrow!)
            "It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain. If we are wise, what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world, because we learn that we can no longer afford the mistakes of the past." -- G'Kar in Babylon 5:"In the Beginning"

Comment

Originally posted by Radhil
              There is definitely a Six still in the fleet. She showed up to accuse Baltar of treason that one ep in season one, and was never captured afterwards. So make that 6 out of 8 cylons in the fleet we know nothing of.

If that's true, it implies Six is playing her own game. Has a rogue agenda of her own. Which wouldn't really suprise me, but at the same time, doesn't seem likely.
              Not only was she never captured, but they actually searched for her (Thanks for the partial transcript Laiden ) At the time I had wondered if she exited through an airlock or some similar means. It wouldn't be the first time a Six instance took it for the team, as it were. In fact, non of them seem too concerned with "dying" except maybe Baby Boomer, but she has other concerns. Other than when they have a mission to accomplish, they seem to take on a somewhat cavalier outlook with regards to their lives. It is even clear if being out of transmission range or whatever is a huge disincentive for them.

As far as Six having her own agenda, that's really hard to say. It looked like Baby Boomer had gone off on her own agenda, yet everyone watching the "Final Cut" seemed pretty happy with where she was. Wheels within wheels withing wheels...
              "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

What About A Child?

Let's say that Sharon's and whoever else's memories are not "fake" that they did "grow up" and were created as a baby. what if one of the Cylons is a Child about 8-12 years old? that could always be a possibility . . . I kinda thought of it last night after seeing the new series' Boxey once again. they may not be able to Concieve, but they could always make a humanoid Cylon and have it grow and develop right?

Comment

That could be an interesting twist to have a Cylon as a young kid.

Comment

Firstly, I believe that the Number Six/Shelly Godfrey model WAS there in "Six Degrees". She had the glasses, and the computer data that she gave to them. I do believe that the computer would have had a fit if someone inserted a CD that didn't exist.

Now, to my thoughts on the cast members as Cylons. I believe there WILL be another cast member as a Cylon, and it will come completely out of the blue. So far, we have known about the Cylons before the crew did, and with the exception of D'Anna Biers in "Final Cut", we haven't been surprised by a Cylon model revelation since Boomer at the end of the mini-series. We are big-time overdue for a knife in the back courtesy of what we believed to have been a loyal crew member.

So, without further ado, my thoughts on who might be a Cylon, and why.

The criteria I use are the following:
                    The individual must have a short recent history, a few years at most, with very little confirmable knowledge before that.
                    The individual must have made decisions that are detrimental to the fleet, yet may or may not have seemed like a good idea at the time.
                    The individual must have no children, as the Boomer model's child is the first human-cylon child. Nobody that the Cylons have attempted to breed can be a Cylon either, as they most certainly would not attempt to breed something they believe to be basically sterile.

These criteria, for the most part, eliminate Commander Adama, Captain Apollo, Starbuck, Baltar, President Roslin, Tom Zarek, Colonel Tigh and Mrs. Tigh.

Sure, Zarek, Roslin and the Tighs have some definite indicators. None have children, and all four have made some doozies of bad decisions which have given the Cylons all kinds of opportunities for destruction. But, all of them have long histories. Unlikely, but not impossible, that they are Cylons.

Gaeta and Dualla, on the other hand, appear out of practically nowhere within the past few years (Gaeta 3 years ago, Dualla just before the miniseries) and are in a big-time important position right on the bridge. Both have made decisions which aided the Cylons, intentionally or unintentionally. Dualla aided the escaping Apollo and Roslin, which allowed the fleet to be divided. Gaeta suspected something was up at that time, but didn't report it. Gaeta also came up with the idea of networking the computers in "Scattered", allowing the Cylon virus to reak it's havoc at least twice already.

Cally has also done something that makes me suspect her. When she killed Boomer, was it really because she was punishing the damn toaster for ruining her hero Chief Tyrol's life? Or, was it to prevent Boomer from either helping the humans or revealing other Cylon models? Number Six did tell Baltar that the Cylons would have deeply rooted self-protection protocols, even if they were unaware that they were actually Cylons.

And, Billy. We really know NOTHING about Billy, except that he is the President's most trusted advisor. He is socially inept (as are most of the Cylons, they just don't understand humanity, and may be extending the extermination of mankind just to try to understand them). Other than that, we know just about nothing of who he is. So, my picks are:

Drum roll please.....

Dualla and Billy.
                    "Ivanova is God!"

Comment

I agree about Cally. not only do I not like her personality and find her visualy and verbaly annoying, but when she shot Boomer, it was before they were going to perform LIVING tests. I think it was Cally's intention to keep them from doing that . . . although it seems otherwise.

Billy is human, dualla . . . maybe, but Gaeta is the LEAST on my list because EVERYONE suspects him.

Comment

One thing I'm curious about though is if the Cylons might be capable of having previously captured someone with such an established history, hold that person captive, create a physical doppelganger that would be programmed with memories of the real person, and then install the doppelganger into position truly believing that they are the real person.

We know that some Cylons (Boomer onboard Galactica, for example) are/were programmed to believe themselves to be human. How advanced and detailed can the Cylons get such programming?

I'm curious to see if it's possible that one big history characters might be a Cylon with the real person being locked away in some Cylon prison or something and we end up with the Cylon being killed and eventually the real version coming back later in the show.

EDIT to include:

Originally posted by Laiden
                        I agree about Cally....

...but Gaeta is the LEAST on my list because EVERYONE suspects him.
                        I don't suspect Gaeta much either, but also suspect Cally. I remember wondering immediately after watching her shoot Boomer if that might be a bit of Cylon programming to clean up the mess. To quote Kirk from Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country, "First rule of assassination: kill the assassins."
                        Last edited by vacantlook; 09-21-2005, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Well put Vacantlook! I still think the idea of having a humanoid cylon be a child would be wicked and could also be freaky depending on how they make that character . . . a funny thought crossed my mind of Boxey being a Cylon and running around planting bombs!

Comment

...a funny thought crossed my mind of Boxey being a Cylon and running around planting bombs!
                            Lord! I totally forgot about that kid in the miniseries despite my having watched the mini several times. I wouldn't mind seeing him again, actually. I didn't see the first few episode of the main series itself; my first main series episode was the one of Starbuck training new pilots. Was Boxey in any episodes prior to that? Or was the only time we've seen him the miniseries?

Comment

If memory serves he was just in the mini. I watched "33" the first episode of season 1 last night and he wasnt there . . . Moore said the character didn't fit in the series.

Comment

...Moore said the character didn't fit in the series.
                                Le sigh. That makes me wonder why they even bothered putting him so prevelantly in the miniseries then. The mini ended with it looking as if Boxey was gonna be a bit of a little stepbrother of sorts for all the pilots on the Galactica. They could have so totally written the end of his character differently in the mini if he "didn't fit". And I personally think Boxey could have fit if he was written right; it's not like he needed to be in every episode or anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X