Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonehead
    replied
    Well ZD, its a tough one. They are both very British.

When Red Dwarf first aired I loved it. But that was some years ago. When I see re-runs nowadays, some are quite dated and not very funny at all. But it has to be said, there are still some episodes, that I can only describe as, some of the funniest things I've ever seen. There's not many shows I can remember my stomach hurting from laughing so much.

I grew up with Dr Who, but to me, it was usually fairly average compared to what else was about at the time (Star Wars etc)

A few years ago I started watching it again on Uk satellite. I was hooked imediately. I've since bought almost all the DVD's and I think most of them are very good. Good extras and commentaries. Nostalgia goes a long way my friend.

Leave a comment:

• tlsmith1963
    replied
    Originally posted by Kloreep
    I find Red Dwarf to be very hit and miss. I wish I could get back the time I spent watching some episodes, others had/have me rolling on the floor. I haven't bought any Red Dwarf DVDs and don't plan on doing so; just not worth it for me, both because of the hit/miss bit and because comedy generally doesn't have much rewatch value for me. But if you can rent them from NetFlix or elsewhere, I'd recommend trying them.
    I love Red Dwarf! I love British comedy, so that helps. I have all the RD DVDs that have been released so far. As for Dr. Who, I haven't really seen that much of it. Strange, but true.

Tammy

Leave a comment:

• Kloreep
    replied
    I find Red Dwarf to be very hit and miss. I wish I could get back the time I spent watching some episodes, others had/have me rolling on the floor. I haven't bought any Red Dwarf DVDs and don't plan on doing so; just not worth it for me, both because of the hit/miss bit and because comedy generally doesn't have much rewatch value for me. But if you can rent them from NetFlix or elsewhere, I'd recommend trying them.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    started a topic Dr. Who and Red Dwarf

Dr. Who and Red Dwarf

Okay, I have seen both of these shows on PBS. Dr. Who was on every Saturday night at 10:00 when I was a kid. I remember it being laughably corny, but in a good way. The thing is, the prices are steep for the three-hour DVD's...are they worth it?

As for Red Dwarf, I remember seeing it on TV about five years ago. I wasn't too amused by it, but I think it's because it had that UK humor that I often do not find funny. Is this show in its entirety worth it?

Any comments would be appreciated.
Working...
X