The Rampant, Irresponsible Religion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll say this.

1) The protestors DO have every right to protest whatever they want, no matter how much utter douchery they must engage in.

2) The family should have the right to just curb-stomp the protestors until their shoes are covered in brain matter for them protesting their children's funeral.

3) A judge should tell the group should they sue for getting their brains stomped in that they deserved it and the judge should ALSO beat their heads with the gavel.
    -=Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by Der Mike
      I'll say this.

1) The protestors DO have every right to protest whatever they want, no matter how much utter douchery they must engage in.
      Nobody is stopping them. Rather, just limiting WHERE they do it.

2) The family should have the right to just curb-stomp the protestors until their shoes are covered in brain matter for them protesting their children's funeral.

3) A judge should tell the group should they sue for getting their brains stomped in that they deserved it and the judge should ALSO beat their heads with the gavel.
      -=Mike
      That isn't happening. In some states you're not even allowed to protect yourself.
      Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

• Hey ZHD, has the Pit been down all day for you?
        "I don't find myself in the same luxury as you. You grew up in freedom, and you can spit on freedom, because you don't know what it is not to have freedom." ---Ayaan Hirsi Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by Karachi Vyce
          Hey ZHD, has the Pit been down all day for you?
          I was about to ask you if Mr. Batshit had deleted the board again. That's why I posted at TSM. Sad.
          Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

• Originally posted by manwithnoname
            The newspaper reported: The law indicates the "church" group can still protest, BUT there now is a 300 feet buffer zone. They can still scream (or whisper) into their bullhorns/microphone-amp system or use the old-fashioned vocal cords to spread their "gospel."

IMO, freedom of speech is still maintained. And, equally important, people can bury their loved ones in, relative, peace.
            This is for those coming in late or haven't read all the previous posts regarding this matter.

I don't advocate the military families use violence against the church group: 1) Assault charges,
            2) felons don't get to vote, which many people take for granted anyway, and
            3) their loved ones died for freedom -- that includes freedom of speech; it would taint those who died to ensure freedom.
            Last edited by manwithnoname; 06-06-2006, 10:01 PM.
            "I am just a worthless liar. I am just an embecile. I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall as well. I will find a center in you; I will chew it up and leave. I will work to elevate you, just enough to bring you down. Why can't we drink forever? I just want to start this over!" TOOL

Comment

• Originally posted by manwithnoname
              KIEV (June 5) - A man shouting that God would keep him safe was mauled to death by a lioness in Kiev zoo after he crept into the animal's enclosure, a zoo official said on Monday.

<snip>

Thoughts on this?
              Actually it reminds me of a joke that has always spoken to my religious perspective.

A great flood comes and the waters are rising quickly. A very pious man decides to wait it out. Soon the water is up to his porch. A boat comes along and the men tell him to get in because the flood is getting worse. The man replies, "No, God will protect me." Later, as the water laps at the second story window another boat comes by. Again he waves them off saying "God will protect me." In time, he finds himself on the roof of his house with the water at the eaves. A helicopter comes by and lowers a rope ladder. Once more he waves them off. Finally, as the waters prepare to close over his head, the man cries to the heavens, "God, why have you forsaken me in my time of need?" to which a deep, majestic voice replies, "What do you want? I sent two boats and a helicopter!"
              "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

• Originally posted by WorkerCaste
                Actually it reminds me of a joke that has always spoken to my religious perspective.

A great flood comes and the waters are rising quickly. A very pious man decides to wait it out. Soon the water is up to his porch. A boat comes along and the men tell him to get in because the flood is getting worse. The man replies, "No, God will protect me." Later, as the water laps at the second story window another boat comes by. Again he waves them off saying "God will protect me." In time, he finds himself on the roof of his house with the water at the eaves. A helicopter comes by and lowers a rope ladder. Once more he waves them off. Finally, as the waters prepare to close over his head, the man cries to the heavens, "God, why have you forsaken me in my time of need?" to which a deep, majestic voice replies, "What do you want? I sent two boats and a helicopter!"
                This is what I say to followers of Christian Science.

Comment

• When calling on God to perform a miracle for you remember arrogance and vanity are sins.
                  Andrew Swallow

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew_Swallow
                    When calling on God to perform a miracle for you remember arrogance and vanity are sins.
                    That's the reason why I don't pray for stuff... I thank God everyday for what I have and leave it at that. Everything else is on me.
                    "The world is a dangerous place---not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" --Albert Einstein

Comment

• An airplane owned by Pat Robertson crashed last week. Is that a sign that God is angry with Pat Robertson?

Comment

• Originally posted by SLerman
                        An airplane owned by Pat Robertson crashed last week. Is that a sign that God is angry with Pat Robertson?
                        We can only hope. We can only hope.
                        ---
                        Co-host of The Second Time Around podcast
                        www.benedictfamily.org/podcast

Comment

• For 17 years I grew up in the Baptist christian environment. I've listened to Pat Robertson for many years. His views and perspectives are hate-based. I've always viewed him as a hate monger: 700 club show is continually telling his followers how and why another group is to be feared and hated.

Jesus actually embraced the wicked, b/c he was showing them love and tolerance, not intolerance, dislike, and hate.

Christians who propose following the Ten Commandments are wrong. The New Testament means New Covenant. A new Promise. The Old Testament is told to show what God is capable of, but He chooses NOT to unleash his anger. Think about: An eye for an eye? Then we would all be killed, right? Or many limbs missing.

This sums up my philosophy in life (It's idealistic, but it's something to strive for): "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." To me, this means be kind to one another.

Pat Robertson and his ilk look for ways to rationalize and justify their predjudices and fears; the opposite of Christ's teachings.
                          "I am just a worthless liar. I am just an embecile. I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall as well. I will find a center in you; I will chew it up and leave. I will work to elevate you, just enough to bring you down. Why can't we drink forever? I just want to start this over!" TOOL

Comment

• He will show his anger in the end.

"And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God."-Revelation 19:11-13
                            And I was kind of bummed that Teddy's plane didn't crash.

Comment

• Originally posted by Z'ha'dumDweller
                              He will show his anger in the end.
                              Anger and hate are two different things. Pat Robertson and his followers hate. Hate is an altogether different beast (pun intended). I can be angry at someone but not hate them.

Originally posted by Z'ha'dumDweller
                              And I was kind of bummed that Teddy's plane didn't crash.
                              Teddy Bear who?
                              Last edited by manwithnoname; 06-07-2006, 11:40 PM.

Comment

• Whoa, Julie Banderas WENT OFF on that kook cunt from the "Semper Fi Fags" group! I have never seen Julie so emotional before.

Comment

Working...
                                X