Response to Spam - Thank you, Moderator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Response to Spam - Thank you, Moderator

Any spammers on this forum need to be introduced to Fireflies Incorporated.

Thanks Moderator for the immediate closure of that thread.

(The B5 unmoderated usenet forum was overwhelmed and destroyed by spam).

Happy to do it, believe me.

Not bad, though...About a year and a half and this was our first Spam. From now on, I'll probably just delete the silly things. If we get any more.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I actually checked the stock out. Ha, pretty weak. International real estate. Why do international when you can do it in the USA where it's hot right now?

As The Rock would say, "Take your lame-assed investment and stock your ass on outta here, jabroni!"
      Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

I deleted the thread. No sense in other people wasting their time reading it.

-DougO

Comment

Originally posted by DougO
          I deleted the thread. No sense in other people wasting their time reading it.

-DougO
          Awww... and just as I got interested....

Otaku Refuge Presents:
          4komatose -- Updated when our artist gets around to it.
          Hey, it's not my fault, I'm just the writer!

Comment

Originally posted by Z'ha'dumDweller
            I actually checked the stock out. Ha, pretty weak. International real estate. Why do international when you can do it in the USA where it's hot right now?

As The Rock would say, "Take your lame-assed investment and stock your ass on outta here, jabroni!"
            Or he would ask the the following question:
            The Rock: Why do you feel that international real estate is a good investment?
            Spammer: Well I feel that...
            The Rock: (interupting the spammer) It doesn't matter how you feel about it!
            The Rock then Rock Bottoms the spammer and give the People's Eyebrow
            ---
            Co-host of The Second Time Around podcast
            www.benedictfamily.org/podcast

Comment

Originally posted by thebaron
              Or he would ask the the following question:
              The Rock: Why do you feel that international real estate is a good investment?
              Spammer: Well I feel that...
              The Rock: (interupting the spammer) It doesn't matter how you feel about it!
              The Rock then Rock Bottoms the spammer and give the People's Eyebrow
              You forgot that he shines the object first.

Comment

Originally posted by alpha
                You forgot that he shines the object first.
                So...you like stocks? Yeah? Well, why don't you take that stock, shine it up real nice...keep on shinin', jabroni! Turn that sumbitch sideways and stick it straight up your candy ass!
                Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

I've never been able to "get" this. I have at least two friends who think wrestlin' is teh greatest, and they try to recruit me. I try watching it, I do. I don't get it.
                  Radhil Trebors
                  Persona Under Construction

Comment

Originally posted by Radhil
                    I've never been able to "get" this. I have at least two friends who think wrestlin' is teh greatest, and they try to recruit me. I try watching it, I do. I don't get it.
                    Personally, I liked watching for two reasons. The first was that these guys in the ring do an amazing job at choriographing the match. It's almost like a ballet with a physical aspect to it. Also now I have heard they are doing a better job of letting the match tell a story and not have it just about the "high spots" (acrobatic type moves)

The second reason is I have a tremendous respect for the skill and athleticism that (most of) the wrestlers have. Yes, the results are predetermined but they still have to do a backflip from the top turnbuckle and land on your opponent in a way that you don't hurt them too much. It's pretty amazing if you think about it.

I havn't watched any for about two years and that is due to the fact I didn't want my daughter seeing all the violence and the overt sexism that the shows have.
                    ---

Comment

Personally, I liked watching for two reasons. The first was that these guys in the ring do an amazing job at choriographing the match. It's almost like a ballet with a physical aspect to it. Also now I have heard they are doing a better job of letting the match tell a story and not have it just about the "high spots" (acrobatic type moves)

The second reason is I have a tremendous respect for the skill and athleticism that (most of) the wrestlers have. Yes, the results are predetermined but they still have to do a backflip from the top turnbuckle and land on your opponent in a way that you don't hurt them too much. It's pretty amazing if you think about it.

I havn't watched any for about two years and that is due to the fact I didn't want my daughter seeing all the violence and the overt sexism that the shows have.
                      These days it is really a lot more choreographed, but even four years ago, it was more like the guys would talk about certains points in the match and then go out there and "call spots" to fill the void between the points they'd planned. That is to be lauded much more than actual choreography. Going from move to move, making it all look fluidic. I was watching AAA (Asistencia Asesoria y Administracion) on Galavision today and my step-daughter commented how it looked like they were practicing. Lucha libre (Mexican wrestling) has always been more acrobatic and choreographed. But American, Canadian and Japanese looks more real, depending on the performers. Some Japanese matches look so real that they can almost be considered "shoot" fights.

I really don't watch wrestling on TV anymore, save for this time of the year leading into Wrestlemania, but I do still follow it. I am not into the TV as much as I am into what is going on backstage in real life.

For example, last year, Matt Hardy was feuding with Kane and in an erroneous and illogical storyline, Kane took Lita (Matt's g/f) and married her while injuring Matt. Matt was out with a legit injury, so in the storyline, Lita went with Kane so he'd leave Matt alone. She warmed up to Kane over the months. Boring and lame.

But in real life, a rumor was spreading on the dirt sheets and internet that a WWE Diva and wrestler were having an affair. The wrestler was married. No one knew who it was. Then it came out that Lita (real name Amy Dumas*) was the Diva who was cheating and Edge (Adam Copeland) was the married wrestler. Matt and Edge were enemies on screen and friends in real life. Matt was devastated. While he is out with a hurt knee, his g/f of six years sleeps with his friend. That story rocked and that's how TV feuds should have been. Interesting and schocking. Will WWE use this real life animosity to make some good TV? We'll see. But looking at their track record, probably not.

So yeah, that is why I follow it.

It can be better understood by reading my latest column online.

http://www.geocities.com/realsithsquadron/rtc.html

Remember this:

"For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

*One of the best signs ever held up at a wrestling show:

LITA IS A DUMAS
                      Last edited by Dr Maturin; 03-19-2005, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Radhil
                        That's how a lot of people are about sci-fi, too. It's tough.

"Why do you like wrestling? Why do you like Star Wars?"

Oh well.

Comment

These days it is really a lot more choreographed, but even four years ago, it was more like the guys would talk about certains points in the match and then go out there and "call spots" to fill the void between the points they'd planned. That is to be lauded much more than actual choreography. Going from move to move, making it all look fluidic. I was watching AAA (Asistencia Asesoria y Administracion) on Galavision today and my step-daughter commented how it looked like they were practicing. Lucha libre (Mexican wrestling) has always been more acrobatic and choreographed. But American, Canadian and Japanese looks more real, depending on the performers. Some Japanese matches look so real that they can almost be considered "shoot" fights.

I really don't watch wrestling on TV anymore, save for this time of the year leading into Wrestlemania, but I do still follow it. I am not into the TV as much as I am into what is going on backstage in real life.

For example, last year, Matt Hardy was feuding with Kane and in an erroneous and illogical storyline, Kane took Lita (Matt's g/f) and married her while injuring Matt. Matt was out with a legit injury, so in the storyline, Lita went with Kane so he'd leave Matt alone. She warmed up to Kane over the months. Boring and lame.

But in real life, a rumor was spreading on the dirt sheets and internet that a WWE Diva and wrestler were having an affair. The wrestler was married. No one knew who it was. Then it came out that Lita (real name Amy Dumas*) was the Diva who was cheating and Edge (Adam Copeland) was the married wrestler. Matt and Edge were enemies on screen and friends in real life. Matt was devastated. While he is out with a hurt knee, his g/f of six years sleeps with his friend. That story rocked and that's how TV feuds should have been. Interesting and schocking. Will WWE use this real life animosity to make some good TV? We'll see. But looking at their track record, probably not.

So yeah, that is why I follow it.

It can be better understood by reading my latest column online.

http://www.geocities.com/realsithsquadron/rtc.html

Remember this:

"For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

*One of the best signs ever held up at a wrestling show:

LITA IS A DUMAS
                          Interesting article. It's a shame about that triangle between Matt, Amy and Adam. I liked all three when I was watching although Lita's gimmick was starting to wear thin. The closest that I get to watching matches these days is reading a weekly column in the from a guy named Rennie Detore who writes for the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (one of my "hometown" papers). That is how I found out that Batista (who came on just as I was stopping to watch) is wrestling HHH (Paul Michael Levesque) for the title at Wrestlemania.

If you ever want to talk about someone making sure that the glass ceiling is firmly in place, that would be the defination of Mr. Levesque. Of course, being married to the bosses daughter and the wife of the head writer does wonders for that.

Something tells me that we may have gone slightly far a field of the topic
                          ---

Comment

Interesting article. It's a shame about that triangle between Matt, Amy and Adam. I liked all three when I was watching although Lita's gimmick was starting to wear thin. The closest that I get to watching matches these days is reading a weekly column in the from a guy named Rennie Detore who writes for the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (one of my "hometown" papers). That is how I found out that Batista (who came on just as I was stopping to watch) is wrestling HHH (Paul Michael Levesque) for the title at Wrestlemania.

If you ever want to talk about someone making sure that the glass ceiling is firmly in place, that would be the defination of Mr. Levesque. Of course, being married to the bosses daughter and the wife of the head writer does wonders for that.
                            Matt is a solid worker and a really smart guy. I read the Hardy Boyz' autobiography a few years ago. He comes off as cool and smart while his brother Jeff comes off as a weird-ass hippie type. Nothing Jeff said made any sense.

Batista is pretty awesome, but they've already dropped the ball. After he punked out Triple H when he got to choose which champion to face, choosing Triple H, the next week he was ruined. He came out and said "Triple H, you are probably the best in the business, but..."

He became so popular by being "cool." Then when he made the final turn on HHH, he was that much cooler. Then next week he is kissing HHH's ass? Yeah, HHH will bury him. If not, then we get a pleasant surprise.

Also, did you hear that Jake Roberts and Marty Janetty from the old school showed up on Raw last week? Jake did an interview segment and Marty teamed up with Shawn Michaels to reform The Rockers for one night. Marty then showed up on Smackdown and wrestled a great match with Kurt Angle. The match got him a signing with WWE.

Comment

Also, did you hear that Jake Roberts and Marty Janetty from the old school showed up on Raw last week? Jake did an interview segment and Marty teamed up with Shawn Michaels to reform The Rockers for one night. Marty then showed up on Smackdown and wrestled a great match with Kurt Angle. The match got him a signing with WWE.
                              OLD SCHOOL??!!! That's me then. I used to watch back then, when (I feel anyway) the really great characters ruled supreme. Who can forget the likes of The Rockers, Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Hercules Hernandez, Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat (who had an arm-drag take down that was pure, fluid grace), Dusty Rhodes - The American Dream, The Hart Foundation, Legion of Doom (UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHWHATA RUSH!!!), The Hotrod 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper, Curt 'Mr. Perfect' Hennig, The Big Boss Man, Paul 'Romeo' Roma, The Million Dollar Champion, Ravishing Rick Rude, Davey 'Boy' Smith and yes, even Hulk Hogan and the Ultimate Warrior?

It really is a terrible thing when you realise just how many of these fine stars are no longer with us. Davey 'Boy' Smith, Mr. Perfect, Dino Bravo, The Big Boss Man, Hawk (of the Legion Of Doom). All gone. Bret Hart permanently side-lined from a stroke, and it's pobably best if you just totally ignore the seemingly ultra-right wing bullshit on the Warrior's web page.

No. For me the, now, WWE just is not and cannot be the same anymore. Whilst it is true that the matches are just as well presented, and the fueds seem to continue as they always have, it just seems to be too much Tits-And-Ass for my taste. It appealed to me in the past because I have always had a love of comic book heroes (you can imagine how much I am enjoying the current slew of hero movies already here and coming up) and what are these massively muscled people if they are not indestructable super heroes and super villans?

I have just never got past them selling the WWE with blatant sexuality.

I am not even sure if it can go back to how it was anymore. In my opinion it is a shame really.
                              Last edited by DGTWoodward; 03-21-2005, 02:18 PM.
                              http://www.lddb.com/collection.php?a...er=dgtwoodward
                              Yes, I still collect Laserdiscs!!
                              47" Phillips 1080p 46" Samsung 1080p Toshiba HD-30E (2 both Multi Region) PS3-80G 120G BR Multi-Region Maidstone MD-BR-2102 Sky-HD Freesat-HD Pioneer DVL-909 CLD-D925 CLD-2950 (AC3) CLD-D515 CLD S315 Yamaha ADP-1 Meridian 519 Pioneer 609 (DD/DTS) x 2 Speakers & subs Jammo M/S Pioneer Technics Sony Eltax Akai Aiwa

Comment

Working...
                              X