X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vakie
    replied
    Originally posted by vacantlook
    As for science fiction, I watch Andromeda just to laugh at how bad it's become. And then I watch Enterprise afterward out of both wanting to use the craptasticness of Andromeda to make Enterprise seem better than it might be and because I feel starved for science fiction and still like the Star Trek universe even if the individual stories aren't compelling.
    I have hope for Enterprise with Manny Coto at the helm. The Augments arc was great, and the first episode of the Vulcan arc written by Judith Reeves-Stevens & Garfield Reeves-Stevens was excellent and it seems to be getting praise from fans. It also went straight to the top 3 of Enterprise episodes at GEOS.

Leave a comment:

• vacantlook
    replied
    I read somewhere that Mia Furlan will soon be having a big role on Lost.
    Mira's first episode is the episode on this Wednesday, actually.

Leave a comment:

• AaronB
    replied
    Originally posted by Radhil
    Lost is greatly recommended. It's not sci-fi, or I should say, it's not fantasy. But every now and then, it toes the line long enough and masterfully enough to impress. It's people living in extreme circumstances, which is a primary ingredient of sci-fi anyway, so you should feel right at home.

Nothing else sci-fi, really. Until as Jal said, Battlestar Galactica. I hear in UK it's already airing, but here in the states it'll be until January.
    I read somewhere that Mia Furlan will soon be having a big role on Lost.

Yeah the UK is showing all the Sci Fi that we here in the US won't be getting until January. I stumbled across a new episode of SG-1 while I was there last week. It's frustrating to wait for Atlantis, BG and SG-1.

Leave a comment:

• bakana
    replied
    well, when there isn't any good Skiffy on TV (most of the time), I can usually find a decent Book or two...

Leave a comment:

• jal
    replied
    I hear in UK it's already airing, but here in the states it'll be until January.
    yep, it`s on Sky 1 every Monday night @ 20:00 hours (and it`s repeated several times during the week as well).

believe me, you`ll definately find it well worth watching when it reaches your shores in January.

it and "Deadwood" are the only two really interesting shows i`m watching at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• Radhil
    replied
    Lost is greatly recommended. It's not sci-fi, or I should say, it's not fantasy. But every now and then, it toes the line long enough and masterfully enough to impress. It's people living in extreme circumstances, which is a primary ingredient of sci-fi anyway, so you should feel right at home.

Nothing else sci-fi, really. Until as Jal said, Battlestar Galactica. I hear in UK it's already airing, but here in the states it'll be until January.

Leave a comment:

• vacantlook
    replied
    Though it might not be considered science fiction, I recommend Lost. I've found it quite enjoyable so far.

As for science fiction, I watch Andromeda just to laugh at how bad it's become. And then I watch Enterprise afterward out of both wanting to use the craptasticness of Andromeda to make Enterprise seem better than it might be and because I feel starved for science fiction and still like the Star Trek universe even if the individual stories aren't compelling.

Leave a comment:

• jal
    replied
    what else is there right now when it comes to sci-fi?
    the new series of Battlestar Galactica is looking very good so far, it`s definately more interesting than both Stargates.

as for Andromeda, you can have more fun banging your head against a wall than watching it.

Leave a comment:

• elver
    started a topic What is there to watch?

What is there to watch?

With both Stargates not doing much at the moment, Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars having come and gone and Andromeda's 5th season finally becoming so appalling that I stopped watching it, what else is there right now when it comes to sci-fi?
Working...
X