Star Trek Beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you're wrong :P

I enjoyed it for what it was, light fluffy event movie, no as an earlier poster said "knotty existential questions". I felt the characters played well off each other and a fair amouont of screen time was given to people that weren't kirk, spock and mccoy. I also oliked
    the tributes to both anton yelchin in the end credits and the scene where spock both receives the notificaiton of Ambassador spock (and thus leonord nimoy) death and the later scene where he opns up a photo oof the old enterprise crew, I thought it was a nice touch.

But yeah fun film, some fantastic action sequnces, I even ponied up extra (I've got a free limiltess movie card for my local cinema, but if i go for things like the super giant screen and 3D I have to pay a small but extra as my card doesn't cover the really expensive seats.
    If I'm bored and free mid week i might go see it again in 2d as it won't cost me owt.
    "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

So Phaze
      you have no problem with The Beastie Boys destroying the enemy fleet? In fairness I understood what they were supposed to be doing in that scene, but visually they just made it look like the music made the ships explode.

And you have no problem with the Federation building a giant space station on the edge of a nebula when they have no idea what might come out of that nebula?

And I could go on, but you get the idea. When I came out of the movie I thought I enjoyed it more than I did, but the more I think about things the less I liked it. Don't get me wrong it definitely has entertainment value. I just wish it had more quality entertainment value than what they really focused on. And I admit my expectations were very low and it did rise above them, but not enough to get me to buy the movie or see it again.

Best part of the movie for me was that McCoy was featured more than it seems he has been in the others.

Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

I liked this film the best out of the three. It felt more like Star Trek than the others. I liked the characters more. There were some things I didn't like, but nothing major. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it was written by Simon Pegg and Doug Jung, instead of that trio of doom Orci, Kurtzman & Lindelof. And Justin Lin did a great job as director. The tone just felt different than the previous two. I liked it.

Comment

The first film was almost anti-Trek. The second was "we've got to become Star Trek again." The third is almost, partially, kinda, a little bit in the spirit of Star Trek. It's still all about punching your way out of problems, but it at least contains *some* ideas that aren't horrifyingly militaristic.

So yeah, I probably liked it the most.
          Jonas Kyratzes | Lands of Dream

Comment

I want to see this movie now that I've heard it compared to the '96 film, Mars Attacks!
            Good times

Comment

Working...
            X