X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laiden
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    Actually, if you read the first post again, you'll see that it was a B5 question as were the first few answers. It's segued to strictly Andromeda now so I've moved it.

Jan
    Thank you Jan. I agree that now it has BECOME off topic and I thank you for moving it!

Leave a comment:

• OmahaStar
    replied
    Originally posted by Laiden
    First off, you need to READ a post before you reply.
    I specifically said "Babylon 5" ... It is YOU who need to read a post before you reply. Had you put it in off-topic, that would have indeed been the correct forum.

Second, I'm coming to a forum, being a Fan of the writing of JMS and asking a question about something saveandromeda.com said about Babylon 5.
    Already said my opinion here ... JMS is a much better writer than they have (currently) on Andromeda.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by OmahaStar
    First off, Babylon 5 is the wrong forum to put this in.
    Actually, if you read the first post again, you'll see that it was a B5 question as were the first few answers. It's segued to strictly Andromeda now so I've moved it.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Laiden
    replied
    I really wished I was older when Crusade aired, I would have made a SAVECRUSADE.COM Website Imediately!!! that was a spin off that needed to continue! I am glad that it's coming out on December 7th to DVD!

Leave a comment:

• Andrew_Swallow
    replied
    An alternative to saving Andromeda is for a spin off show Andromeda the Second Generation.

This allows new people to be brought in and for the show to go in a different direction. Taking ideas from the real world, the Commonwealth could for instance find itself fighting a guerrilla war.

Leave a comment:

• Laiden
    replied
    and THANK YOU THE ONE TO COME!! YOU SAID IT PERFECTLY!!

Leave a comment:

• Laiden
    replied
    Originally posted by OmahaStar

Second, you're coming to a forum for fans of the writing of JMS and asking us to help save Andromeda. Surely you see the irony here. If you don't, let me put it in plain simple terms ... Babylon 5 = good. Andromeda = painfully bad.

Third, are you kidding? The sooner we get rid of that show, the better. It was good the first half-season and went downhill progressively after that. The latest "arc" of killing everybody, transferring them to another universe and bringing them back to life ... just *puke*

I still remember Sorbo's comments a few years ago, saying that he wanted to dumb down the show because the viewers didn't like "smart tv". UGH
    First off, you need to READ a post before you reply.

Second, I'm coming to a forum, being a Fan of the writing of JMS and asking a question about something saveandromeda.com said about Babylon 5.

Third, I like the series, I will never love it like I love Babylon 5, that is my all time #1 Scifi show in the Universe and I love the show from the first episode to the last movie. and you knowing how season 4 of Andromeda ended, must watch it! well if you do then you would also know that they didnt die, you never saw them die, and they thought that was going to be the last season of the series until Scifi channel brought it aboard for one more season. I think 5 seasons is just right for the series and cant wait to see how it ends!!
    Last edited by Laiden; 10-13-2004, 02:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The One to come
    replied
    I'm kinda sickened by the posts on this thread, the fact is that I might not like Andromeda, but it was not that long ago when certen fans of another sci-fi show would be telling us the same thing if we asked for suport to save B5,

stuff like "good riddens", "The sooner we get rid of that show, the better.", "Bad from the first frame to the last", and "turned into a waste of viewing time".

I think we should remeber that before we dollout our judgments, have a heart people there no reason for use to be as rude as others have been to us.

Marco
    Last edited by The One to come; 10-13-2004, 08:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• OmahaStar
    replied

Second, you're coming to a forum for fans of the writing of JMS and asking us to help save Andromeda. Surely you see the irony here. If you don't, let me put it in plain simple terms ... Babylon 5 = good. Andromeda = painfully bad.

Third, are you kidding? The sooner we get rid of that show, the better. It was good the first half-season and went downhill progressively after that. The latest "arc" of killing everybody, transferring them to another universe and bringing them back to life ... just *puke*

I still remember Sorbo's comments a few years ago, saying that he wanted to dumb down the show because the viewers didn't like "smart tv". UGH

Leave a comment:

• shakiroz
    replied
    No big loss

Leave a comment:

• colonyearth
    replied
    MHO...Andromeda! Ptoooey!

Bad from the first frame to the last. Goodbye and good riddens! Make room for good SF!

CE

Leave a comment:

• Spirit
    replied
    generally speaking - at first andromeda had some good and new ideas - intelligent ship for instance, but now it's just "heroes don't die" series...

i say - Andromeda had dried out....

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    I loved the first 1.5 seasons of Andromeda. Under the original writer/exec. producer/showrunner (Robert Hewlett Wolfe?) it might have even rivaled B5 for interesting characters and complex stories and arcs. Then (I hear) that showrunner was forced out. Suddenly story was secondary to special effects and some episodes actually made no sense at all, imo. After Keith Hamilton Cobb left because he'd become a weapons console button-pusher, I pretty much dropped it.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• jal
    replied
    my two cents; andromeda was ok for a couple of seasons, but after that it just turned into a waste of viewing time... it died and i sincerely hope it stays dead.

Leave a comment:

• DougO
    replied
    I watched the first few seasons of Andromeda and enjoyed it for the most part. I thought Kevin Sorbo did a reasonable job shaking the image of Hercules and taking the role of Captain Dylan Hunt.

I stopped watching the show for about about a year (didn't have time) and when I finally resumed watching it I didn't really get back into it. It seemed like a lot had happened with the characters since I left and the show had gone off in a new direction. Maybe sometime I can catch the season I missed in reruns and then things will make more sense.

-DougO

Leave a comment:

Working...
X