Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looney
    replied
    Just got my ALL REGION Season 2 Blu-Ray. I guess that is the only way to get Agent Carter and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on Blu-Ray. Glad the U.K. is getting ALL REGION releases if we can't get them here in the States.

Leave a comment:

• WorkerCaste
    replied
    Now you've gone and brought up Agent Carter. I really liked Agent Carter, and I miss her!

Leave a comment:

• Satai with Punsch
    replied
    We have recently watched A.C. and it was indeed good. The 40ies feels like the period for superheroes and agents.

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Originally posted by phazedout View Post
    I thought I'd posted this already, apparently not.
    Agent Carter is the kind of Show Agents of shield wants to be when it grows up.
    Definitely. I think Agents just didn't know what to do with itself since they could only loosely tie themselves to the movies.

Leave a comment:

• phazedout
    replied
    I thought I'd posted this already, apparently not.
    Agent Carter is the kind of Show Agents of shield wants to be when it grows up.

Leave a comment:

• babylonlurker
    replied
    Just watched the full S3 of SHIELD last week. I like the arc quite a bit.

Agent Carter is excellent for most of the reasons above.

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Originally posted by Looney View Post
    So I know there is a UK BD/DVD for Season Two. Anyone heard news on a possible U.S. release? I know that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is also behind schedule releasing Season Three here as well. Anyone know what is going on with these shows continuing to be released on Blu-Ray? I know Carter was canceled, but you'd think Disney would still want to try to make money from BD sales. And I don't know why S.H.I.E.L.D. Season Three hasn't come out yet. Honestly I think I've enjoy Season 4 of S.H.I.E.L.D. more than other seasons. Can't explain it. Normally my brain would hate everything they've done this season, but it doesn't.
    I *think* I'm a season behind with SHIELD now. I was watching out of a weird sense of 'well I've made it this far, may as well continue'. It did definitely improve, but never became TV that I would have recommended to others. It did very well to turn Fitz and Simmonds from characters I hated with a passion into characters I cared about, more so than any of the main protagonists! The arc in Season 3 was absolutely great. In fact, I think I only saw up until Ep. 10 of S3. So I have some catching up to do if the mood takes me.

Agent Carter was definitely the better of the two, so much more fun and the period setting was just so well executed.
    Last edited by Ubik; 02-28-2017, 02:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    So I know there is a UK BD/DVD for Season Two. Anyone heard news on a possible U.S. release? I know that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is also behind schedule releasing Season Three here as well. Anyone know what is going on with these shows continuing to be released on Blu-Ray? I know Carter was canceled, but you'd think Disney would still want to try to make money from BD sales. And I don't know why S.H.I.E.L.D. Season Three hasn't come out yet. Honestly I think I've enjoy Season 4 of S.H.I.E.L.D. more than other seasons. Can't explain it. Normally my brain would hate everything they've done this season, but it doesn't.

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Originally posted by Looney View Post
    How do you know this?

They do have 100,000+ supporters, but unfortunately that number has been going up much slower than it was before.
    Was stated in one of their updates, but seems somewhat vague. It seems to have trended well on Twitter and other social media, so they will be aware.

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Originally posted by Ubik View Post
    And, apparently they have the attenetion of Netflix.
    How do you know this?

They do have 100,000+ supporters, but unfortunately that number has been going up much slower than it was before.

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Bloody hell, this has broken 100,000 supporters! And, apparently they have the attenetion of Netflix. That's how you do a fan campaign!

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Dassow View Post
    By the way, I consider Jan to be the B5 equivalent of Bjo Trimble.
    Wow, high praise indeed, Dan, thanks! Not sure I'd go that far but I appreciate the thought.

I was upset a couple of years ago at SDCC when a lady came by the Free Babylon 5 table (shared with Lee Whiteside's Arizona Cons table) and we chatted for a moment but I didn't find out until afterward who she is. I may get to see her at this year's SDCC as she's a Special Guest.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Dassow
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    Wonder what it takes to make an impression these days. It's not like clicking on a petition is as impressive as writing an actual letter. Not bashing, but it does seem that studios wouldn't necessarily take anything other than really large numbers seriously. Especially Netflix, given that it's a global company these days.
    I think it illustrates the size of the fanbase. That's got to be fairly powerful. Sure, it reeks slightly of 'slacktivism' but this is a TV show we're talking about, and the numbers of potential viewers are what really matters here.
    When Bjo and John Trimble helped to organize the “Save Star Trek” campaign in the mid-1960s, NBC executives assumed that each fan letter represented the equivalent of ten viewers. They never expected the over one hundred thousand letters in support of Star Trek. Since that original campaign network executives have became increasing aware of fans ability to organize campaigns and to a great degree consider fan feedback of lesser importance in the renewal of series. I suspect that email and petitions in support of programs have only a marginal impact on decisions to renew or revive series.

By the way, I consider Jan to be the B5 equivalent of Bjo Trimble.
    Last edited by Dan Dassow; 05-18-2016, 07:57 PM. Reason: post munched

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    the numbers of potential viewers are what really matters here.
    So the question becomes how do they judge that number of potential viewers based on Netflix viewership? I think it is the perfect place for the show. I think it would allow them to do sooo much more with the show and build a real bridge between the Marvel Netflix Universe and The Mavel TV Universe; though I don't think anyone in those corporate structures is really interested in doing that. I wish they would connect them more. Someone on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. should at least mention what is happening in New York. It would help S.H.I.E.L.D. if it were more like those Netflix series and if they found a way to incorporate those Netflix series into their background in some way. If there is a Season 2, which I think there will be, for Jessica Jones then someone from S.H.I.E.L.D. should definitely show up, even if they are not an Agent who is on the TV show, to check out what is going on with these people with abilities. The Netflix shows and S.H.I.E.L.D. are vastly different, but I don't think those differences are so great that they can't be overcome. It would be a very tricky situation that could easily blow up in their faces if not done correctly though.

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    Wonder what it takes to make an impression these days. It's not like clicking on a petition is as impressive as writing an actual letter. Not bashing, but it does seem that studios wouldn't necessarily take anything other than really large numbers seriously. Especially Netflix, given that it's a global company these days.
    I think it illustrates the size of the fanbase. That's got to be fairly powerful. Sure, it reeks slightly of 'slacktivism' but this is a TV show we're talking about, and the numbers of potential viewers are what really matters here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X