Star Trek Prelude to Axanar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Trek Prelude to Axanar

Take a look at the new Trek fan-film, 'Prelude To Axanar'.
    http://trekmovie.com/2014/07/30/star...tarter-update/

An amazing grassroots accomplishment meant to gather funding for a Feature Film.
    This kick-starter project made a believer and backer out of me.

I'm most struck that this saga sprung from only one TOS episode, "Whom Gods Destroy.

Now imagine the possibilities of a similar B5 project.

I just watched it and I want to say thanks for linking it!

I was really drawn in and I was grinning large at the familiar voices and faces. It looks to be a great enactment of a great vision.

Comment

Originally posted by Babel-17 View Post
      I just watched it and I want to say thanks for linking it!

I was really drawn in and I was grinning large at the familiar voices and faces. It looks to be a great enactment of a great vision.
      You're very welcome Babel-17

Richard Hatch is ok as a Klingon.. but Tony Todd and J. G. Hertzler as humans - awesome!
      Love Gary Graham again as Soval and all the references to Enterprise.

Besides B5, this is my favourite thing.

Comment

Tony Todd plays a human! No way!

I'm sorry, he's been something else so many times, it's like it's reaching for him. Of course he was an excellent human in A Call to Arms. But he's mostly been an alien or monster in most of the other things I've seen.

I realy want to see this, I'll check it out later, thanks for posting, I just don't think this would translate over to B5, but that's me.
        "And what kind of head of Security would I be if I let people like me know things that I'm not supposed to know? I mean, I know what I know because I have to know it. And if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me, and I don't let anyone else tell me either. " And I can give you reasonable assurances that the head of Security will not report you for doing so."
        "Because you won't tell yourself about it?"

"I try never to get involved in my own life, too much trouble."

Comment

Holy guacamole ! ! ! That was incredible ! ! ! Now those are some fans ! ! !
          Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

VERY, VERY impressive. Good acting, superb editing, great CGI. These folks got everything totally bang on. Can't wait for the full feature. This looks like new Trek I'd like to watch.

Man, if only someone with this level of organisation and skill would do something B5 related.
            Last edited by Ubik; 08-18-2014, 05:16 AM.
            Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Originally posted by Marsden View Post
              Tony Todd plays a human! No way!

I'm sorry, he's been something else so many times, it's like it's reaching for him. Of course he was an excellent human in A Call to Arms. But he's mostly been an alien or monster in most of the other things I've seen.
              He was old Jake Sisko in the DS9 episode "The Visitor."

Comment

I didn't see that, but I know he was Kurn the Klingon. And the Candyman, and Preacher in an episode of X-Files. And he's done a lot of voice work. When I see that he's going to be in something, it tends to make me want to see it, I think he's always given a good or even great preformance in whatever I've seen or heard him in.
                "And what kind of head of Security would I be if I let people like me know things that I'm not supposed to know? I mean, I know what I know because I have to know it. And if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me, and I don't let anyone else tell me either. " And I can give you reasonable assurances that the head of Security will not report you for doing so."
                "Because you won't tell yourself about it?"

"I try never to get involved in my own life, too much trouble."

Comment

I love the era of Trek from Pike and before, be it cannon or not. A GREAT novel that you must read is The Final Reflection. The Federation and Earth government are not the self-proclaimed utopia they are in canon, but a very good story and realisitic portrayal of a young star nation vs. an aggressive empire.
                  Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Maturin View Post
                    I love the era of Trek from Pike and before, be it cannon or not. A GREAT novel that you must read is The Final Reflection. The Federation and Earth government are not the self-proclaimed utopia they are in canon, but a very good story and realisitic portrayal of a young star nation vs. an aggressive empire.
                    I read that novel. It was good SF and was excellent in how it used the Trek universe.. It had a poignant ending, IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveNarn View Post
                      Take a look at the new Trek fan-film, 'Prelude To Axanar'.
                      http://trekmovie.com/2014/07/30/star...tarter-update/

An amazing grassroots accomplishment meant to gather funding for a Feature Film.
                      This kick-starter project made a believer and backer out of me.

I'm most struck that this saga sprung from only one TOS episode, "Whom Gods Destroy.

Now imagine the possibilities of a similar B5 project.
                      Very interesting and very well done. I hope the final movie sees the light of day.

Did anyone besides me catch the reference to B5's Corriana 6? thought that was a nice nod.
                      All generalizations are false, including this one.

Comment

On this week's podcast, DS9's General Martok - JG Herztler talks about his role on Axanar.

.. also B5's John Iacovelli has joined the crew as the movie's set designer.

Qapla!

http://www.trek.fm/axp/11

Comment

I watched it. Good stuff. I'd love for the full film to be made.
                          Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

This Axanar podcast #13 features guest John Iacovelli.

John shares his thoughts on Star Trek set design, his past on B5 and his future with Axanar.

http://www.startrekaxanar.com/axanar...ohn-iacovelli/

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Maturin View Post
                              I watched it. Good stuff. I'd love for the full film to be made.
                              Pretty sure that's on the cards.
                              Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Working...
                              X