Almost Human

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Looney View Post
    I agree with everything Ubik said. Unfortunately, I highly doubt the show will return. I am sure the costs outweigh the ratings. I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best right next to Ubik.
    Sadly, it probably will get cancelled by FOX. Ratings haven't been bad, but nor have they been stellar. I'd love to see it given time to develop over a second season. The fact that we only got 13 episodes, means it's still growing as a show.

Fingers crossed we'll get more, but I doubt it.
    Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Sadly, this show has been cancelled!

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/fox-...n-1201167294/#

A real shame as it was just starting to come into it's own, and I loved the Blade Runner vibe.

Comment

'Dear' old FOX...not.

I was enjoying the vibe between the characters and I really liked that everybody was distinct from each other - something you don't see all the time in shows. I'll be on the lookout for the actor who played Damien in the future.

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

They had to know they were probably doomed when FOX came on board. Well that is going to free up time for me. It was one of two hour long 'network' shows I was planning to watch next season because I think I am dumping the rest. I guess I'll have more free time. I am just not really into the other shows I watched this season. Some have gotten good as the seasons are coming to a close, but not good enough for me to be interested in wasting another winter watching them. I think I'll wait for most of them to be released in a format where I can binge watch them if I want to find out what happened. Those shows would be:

Arrow
          Blacklist
          Hannibal
          Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
          Revolution

I am going to stick with Grimm for now, but they are right on the edge.

And in all honesty I would probably stick with a few more of them if I didn't have to watch them with commercials. With a wide variety of ways to see commercial free content why would I waste my time on shows that force me to watch ads?! I can see a variety of shows and movies I've never seen from streaming services as well as DVD content from Netflix for even more choices of shows I have never seen. Why waste time with ad content?! I would have for Almost Human. What a shame.
          Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

They had to know they were probably doomed when FOX came on board. Well that is going to free up time for me. It was one of two hour long 'network' shows I was planning to watch next season because I think I am dumping the rest. I guess I'll have more free time. I am just not really into the other shows I watched this season. Some have gotten good as the seasons are coming to a close, but not good enough for me to be interested in wasting another winter watching them. I think I'll wait for most of them to be released in a format where I can binge watch them if I want to find out what happened. Those shows would be:

Arrow
            Blacklist
            Hannibal
            Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
            Revolution

I am going to stick with Grimm for now, but they are right on the edge.

And in all honesty I would probably stick with a few more of them if I didn't have to watch them with commercials. With a wide variety of ways to see commercial free content why would I waste my time on shows that force me to watch ads?! I can see a variety of shows and movies I've never seen from streaming services as well as DVD content from Netflix for even more choices of shows I have never seen. Why waste time with ad content?! I would have for Almost Human. What a shame.
            Yeah, I hear you. I've been watch Arrow and SHIELD as ‘trash TV’. Both have improved steadily, but still aren’t what I’d call ‘good’ TV. About the only thing I’ve seen this season that genuinely excited and impressed me was HBO’s True Detective. Now THAT was TV.

Comment

The real question is what will Almost Human fans call themselves when they start the campaign to bring it back?

Actually what do B5 fans call themselves? We need a cool universal title . . . that I approve.

Comment

Basic
                Agents
                Behind
                Years
                Longing (for)
                Opening
                New
                Series

B.A.B.Y.L.O.N.S.

Phaze
                on the "I have been watching the marvel tv show so this might have influenced my thinking towards acronyms" ID
                "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Actually what do B5 fans call themselves? We need a cool universal title . . . that I approve.
                  Yeah...good luck with that one! There's been no consensus for 20 years so far! Let's just stick with what JMS called us "People of Infinite Taste and Sensibility".

Jan
                  "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

FOX can 'scan my balls'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77TfgejZLcQ

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                      JMS called us "People of Infinite Taste and Sensibility".

Jan
                      Sticking with Phaze's theme - P.O.I.T.A.S. or P.I.T.S.

And that is a great scene Ubik linked. I sure hope they do a proper Blu-Ray release for the show. Maybe if enough sell they'll bring it back in some form.

Comment

Originally posted by strashiLOL
                        Apparently, they call themselves "DRNs" (http://www.change.org/p/save-almost-human/u/7666050)

The campaign is on btw, at least there's a massive petition on change.org imploring most major networks to pick the show up. There've already been answers from SyFy ("no") and Netflix ("considering it"); Netflix' answer is dated May 5, so there's still time to change the tide.

http://www.change.org/petitions/save-almost-human

I've signed it and donated 50 EUR to help spread it. Screw you FOX.

Another semi-major petition is here:
                        https://www.change.org/petitions/fox...-second-season
                        Huh, that's cool. Will go sign these later.

Comment

This is a bit disappointing, but at least it is available. No Blu-Ray release announced as of yet. And no soundtrack released as of yet.

http://shop.warnerarchive.com/produc...iderALMOSThome

It is a real shame it won't be in stores. And it looks like they have put no effort into this release.

Comment

That's kind of sad. I didn't catch all of it but what I saw, I liked.

Jan

Comment

Working...
                            X