Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satai with Punsch
    replied
    And we have just started to watch Agent Carter now.

We will have to wait with JJ and DD until they get available on DVD.

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Originally posted by sense8ional View Post
    Agent Carter was the best of the Marvel shows. The first season starts a bit on the meh side but improves a lot later on. The second season is solid throughout but unfortunately nobody cared to tune in and it didn't get renewed for a third.

Daredevil and Jessica Jones are the most ambitious. They start incredibly strong but end up being confused and silly. Daredevil Season 2 is mostly bad with a few fantastic moments, mostly involving The Punisher. But aside of those moments this was easily the worst of all their shows.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. started very weak - the weakest of all, improved quite a bit in the later half of the first season and then remained mostly good. A few episodes every season are really entertaining but overall it's just something fun to watch, nothing groundbreaking.

Best: Carter.
    Uneven: Daredevil, Jessica Jones.
    Okay: S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Bad: Daredevil S2
    I totally agree with this assessment. I have hope that Daredevil Season 3 will be better.

Leave a comment:

• sense8ional
    replied
    Agent Carter was the best of the Marvel shows. The first season starts a bit on the meh side but improves a lot later on. The second season is solid throughout but unfortunately nobody cared to tune in and it didn't get renewed for a third.

Daredevil and Jessica Jones are the most ambitious. They start incredibly strong but end up being confused and silly. Daredevil Season 2 is mostly bad with a few fantastic moments, mostly involving The Punisher. But aside of those moments this was easily the worst of all their shows.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. started very weak - the weakest of all, improved quite a bit in the later half of the first season and then remained mostly good. A few episodes every season are really entertaining but overall it's just something fun to watch, nothing groundbreaking.

Best: Carter.
    Uneven: Daredevil, Jessica Jones.
    Okay: S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Bad: Daredevil S2

Leave a comment:

• Satai with Punsch
    replied
    Now having watched the second season I must say that I liked the first season better. It was good though. They did suffer slightly from the same problem Torchwood did in its first season, that almost all characters were so unlikable that the viewer lost the will to watch it.

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    It started badly, improved slightly, and kinda continues to be 'meh'. It's weak on character development, and at many points I wouldn't have been too bothered if the entire cast had perished in any given episode.

I'm with Phase here, Agent Carter was 10x the show AOS is. Cancellation should have been the other way round. More Carter, no more AOS. I think Netflix have done a far better job of Marvel TV shows than ABC.
    Last edited by Ubik; 08-22-2016, 01:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Satai with Punsch
    replied
    That does not sound to encouraging when it comes to Shield. I guess I have to see where it ends up. Eddi Olmos just turned up, which was fun, I really liked him in Galactica.

Agent Carter on the other hand sounds very encouraging as season 1 of that is waiting on the shelf to be the next one watched.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    I enjoyed it in the beginning but lost track of who was good and who wasn't and discovered that I didn't really care enough to find out. I wouldn't mind picking it up again at some point.

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Well we are about to get Season 4 here and I can't say I care much. Agents has become one of those shows I watch out of habit more than for enjoyment. Now Agent Carter was REALLY fun. Season Two was better than Season One and Season One was pretty good. Of course after an excellent second season Agent Carter got the ax, so I am stuck with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as a poor substitute. I mean there is good stuff in S.H.I.E.L.D., but it lacks something overall.

Leave a comment:

• Satai with Punsch
    replied
    Here we have just started to watch the second season of Shield. So far it is very good I think. I've actually started liking Fitz who I couldent stand in the first season and not liking Simmons all that much. What an unexpected turnaround!
    Last edited by Satai with Punsch; 08-15-2016, 10:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Originally posted by phazedout View Post
    So, thoughts on Tuesday's episode, anyone?
    Pretty solid, but I could have turned off at any point and not really cared. I'm kinda just watching out of habit. There's still something very much lacking about AOS, but I struggle to put my finger on it. Nothing has surprised me yet, or really got me excited.

Bizzarely, the characters I hated the most (Fitz and Simmonds), not strike me as the most interesting in terms of character dynamics and interactions. Perhpas I'm just a sucker for the pathos of their situation.
    Last edited by Ubik; 10-29-2014, 01:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    I am watching Gracepoint as well, but it really hasn't hooked me. Any thoughts?

Right now I am watching.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Loved this week's episode.
    The Flash: I love this cast with the exception of IRIS and Barry. I also don't really care for the continued insistence that all of the scientist must look like young models.
    Arrow: I have no clue why I am watching this show. The only thing I like about this season is Brandon Routh.
    Just started catching up with Gotham.
    Just started catching up How To Get Away With Murder.
    After it premiers Friday night I am going to give Grimm 2 episodes to reverse how they ended last season.
    Also watching several sitcoms and several older shows via Hulu, Amazon, and Netflix DVDs. So mad that Amazon dropped the original Upstairs Downstairs from Prime. I was just about to finish the second season.

Leave a comment:

• Marsden
    replied
    I love all of these.

I really like that Wonder Woman actually got to use her invisible jet!

Btw, I just wanted to mention, I watch exactly 3 hours of new tv a week, this, Dr Who and Grace Point, I say this for frame of refrence about when other people talk about what else they might watch or it's not good enough compared to brand x.

Leave a comment:

• phazedout
    replied
    So, thoughts on Tuesday's episode, anyone?

Leave a comment:

• Marsden
    replied
    Originally posted by Looney View Post

Fitz/ Ward scene.

Thank you. I think it was for some ? of whether Fitzy actual let the bastard suffocate while the plot progressed. And he had some trouble with those controls.

Leave a comment:

• phazedout
    replied
    well nobody has asked if they went to sleep or said for a little while.

Plus there is not yet a sign of Alad tjudic, I expect him to appear, do something evil, then die in the same episode, it is a (head looks up and to the right) tradition.
    Phaze
    on the "trying to stuff finnish in to myself with minimal success thus far " ID

Leave a comment:

Working...
X