No announcement yet.

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I disagree. I thought the episode could have been decent if Skye hadn't had one line. The are using her as a means to draw out the characters, but it isn't working. Her constant questioning and attitude are just annoying. And a lot of what she is saying just seems like she is prying into their lives. A lot of her dialogue in this episode didn't even make sense.

Coulson - "We need to find out what is going on."

Skye - "The only way we're going to solve this is if you let ME talk to her. You all have the power of experience, but I have the power of conversation. I am the only one who can do it. She is only going to open up to me. I am the one who has to know everything about everybody because my character is supposed to bring out the exposition. I am the trainee who's main job is to ask questions, thus pulling more story and back story out for the viewers. Who cares if the writers are doing it wrong and I just come off as a pushy nosey annoying chatter-box."

I wonder if the actress notices that her character is just annoying?
    Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Heh, that's some hardline Skye hatin' right there! I find it hard to disagree with you. She's still the least interesting character of the bunch, which is definitely problematic for a lead character on a TV show. I find her marginally less annoying now, but her role seems somewhat tenuous to me. I struggled to buy into SHIELD taking her on in the first place. Perhaps there’s something more to it? But I really doubt it.

Initially my main problem was with Fitz and Simmonds, but they have grown on me (like a clingy geeky mould) over the course of the last few episodes.

I do think AOS is improving, if only marginally. I mean if I were to watch Season 1 of B5 for the first time today, having never seen it before, I’d probably be pretty harsh on that too! It's so much easier to love a show in retrospect when you know the great heights it will reach as it unfolds. Hopefully, AOS will have some of its own highs further on down the line, even if it has been a bit patchy so far.
      Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

If they really want to improve the show they will soon land the plane, kick Skye off, pick up a senior scientist to oversee Fitz and Simmons and give them a measure of believability, and take off again.

Comment

Do you ever get the feeling that even though Coulson was "repaired" that they don't really trust him like they used to and they gave him this plane full of misfits to keep him away from what he used to do? I hope they just tell us what happened soon, it's been drawn out so long it's going to be a let down.
          Last edited by Marsden; 12-03-2013, 10:30 AM.
          "And what kind of head of Security would I be if I let people like me know things that I'm not supposed to know? I mean, I know what I know because I have to know it. And if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me, and I don't let anyone else tell me either. " And I can give you reasonable assurances that the head of Security will not report you for doing so."
          "Because you won't tell yourself about it?"

"I try never to get involved in my own life, too much trouble."

Comment

Originally posted by Marsden View Post
            Do you ever get the feeling that even though Coulson was "repaired" that they don't really trust him like they used to and they gave him this plane full of misfits to keep him away from what he used to do? I hope they just tell us what happened soon, it's been drawn out so long it's going to be a let down.
            Interesting with regard to the trust issue. It kind of makes sense. Give him something semi-important to do that keeps him away from some of the main things going on. The show may not be trying to do this, but it seems obvious this team is not handling S.H.I.E.L.D.'s highest priority ops right now. Yes, some of the things they've dealt with have ended up having larger consequences, but I think every mission has initially started as a minor threat.

And you are so right about how the payoff is likely not going to equal the build up.

Comment

Is there a new episode of this on tonight? I am super stressed right now due to having two exams (one of which I have failed three times already!), two assigments and two presentaitons all due in the next 8 days. I could do with something to vaguely relax me.

Phaze
              on the "Dropped out of swedish as that would have added an oral exam, a listening exam, a minitest and a full written exam to my load all before december 19th" ID
              "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Originally posted by phazedout View Post
                Is there a new episode of this on tonight?
                I think it airs in the USA tonight, so should hit the UK later this week I think. I don't own a TV so have been watching on streaming sites.

Comment

So, I watched The Bridge last night, and as a mid-season finale it fell very short of the mark.

I found it to be devoid of any tension, and at this point, Coulson’s ‘death’ has been dangled in front of the viewer as a ‘big mystery’ so many times that it’s lost any intrigue it might have initially had. I’m really hoping they’ll kick the show into a higher gear come next year. It’s in need of some serious forward momentum, and it would feel about right if that all started in the coming episodes. Currently it feels about as clunky as Dollhouse did, but without the drastic pilot re-write to excuse it.

So, still decidedly ‘meh’ about AoS, but it fulfills my need for 'crappy TV' that I can watch to unwind.
                  Last edited by Ubik; 01-03-2014, 06:13 AM.

Comment

I agree with Ubik, but I also did find The Bridge to be one of the least annoying episodes to date. If Skye could just stop talking it would be greatly improved.

Comment

It amazes me how anything ever gets made on American TV...mid season finale, midseason replacements, chopping and changing the days and times of shows.

It's a wonder that any TV show finds any audience at all!

Even JMS was impressed by how things were done here in the UK. Same day, same slot, every week, no mid-season anything, running through to the end of the series, announcement of either the cancellation or of the new series commissioned for next year.

Simple. As.
                      http://www.lddb.com/collection.php?a...er=dgtwoodward
                      Yes, I still collect Laserdiscs!!
                      47" Phillips 1080p 46" Samsung 1080p Toshiba HD-30E (2 both Multi Region) PS3-80G 120G BR Multi-Region Maidstone MD-BR-2102 Sky-HD Freesat-HD Pioneer DVL-909 CLD-D925 CLD-2950 (AC3) CLD-D515 CLD S315 Yamaha ADP-1 Meridian 519 Pioneer 609 (DD/DTS) x 2 Speakers & subs Jammo M/S Pioneer Technics Sony Eltax Akai Aiwa

Comment

I agree 100% with DGTWoodward. It is ridiculous how they play with it and ends up costing shows viewers. One example from this Fall, Revolution. Say what you will about the content, I don't think it can be ignored that changing nights also cost them viewers. But Executives have to justify their salaries by doing something.

Comment

I just wish people would write better scripts. So much wasted potential with AOS.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubik View Post
                            I just wish people would write better scripts. So much wasted potential with AOS.
                            100% Agree! Ubik took a nail, took a hammer, and struck the head of the nail so perfectly with the hammer that the nail passed completely through the piece of wood. Unfortunately poor writing is a quality many of the shows I am watching right now share, but I think a possible reason is that a lot of what we get as a final product goes through many corporate filters.

Comment

Watching Episode 11 now... frankly, I'm unsure why I'm bothering. More later...

Comment

Still left a bit cold by this show. It just feels like it's stuck in first gear.

The Coulson 'revelation' felt really flat, because we've all beem repeatedly hit over the head with the information that 'something wasn't quite right with Coulson' since the first episode of the show. I don't like that it's been so spoon few to the audience. It's lazy storytelling.

I'm hoping this reveal will pan out into more interesting territory, perhaps with Coulson turning his back on SHIELD, or going rogue.

Comment

Working...
                                X