X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Create the Next Trek"

Originally posted by DaveNarn View Post
    Disappointing indeed.

On a bright note... it could be released in 2016 and soften the disappointment of the 3rd trek movie.

*ducks head and runs for cover from outraged trekkies*
    ItÆll be an odd numbered Trek filmà fans best prepare for the worst. I predict the following:

Star Trek û The Search for Spot, in which KirkÆs beloved canine companion æSpotÆ is kidnapped by a new and devious enemy. Without his beloved pet at his side, Kirk begins to lose his edge and with it the confidence of his crew. Can the intrepid crew of the Enterprise unravel a conspiracy that will shake the Federation to itÆs very core before SpotÆs time is up? Find out in Zack SynderÆs action packed follow up to J J Abrams critically acclaimed films.
    Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Originally posted by Ubik View Post
    It’ll be an odd numbered Trek film… fans best prepare for the worst. I predict the following:

Star Trek – The Search for Spot, in which Kirk’s beloved canine companion ‘Spot’ is kidnapped by a new and devious enemy. Without his beloved pet at his side, Kirk begins to lose his edge and with it the confidence of his crew. Can the intrepid crew of the Enterprise unravel a conspiracy that will shake the Federation to it’s very core before Spot’s time is up? Find out in Zack Synder’s action packed follow up to J J Abrams critically acclaimed films.
    Kirk's search for Spot leads him to the bowels of starfleet headquarters where he gets lost and is mistakenly promoted to admiral.

Realizing that all Trek admirals become evil in a short time, He steals the first unlocked starship in hopes of reclaiming his lost spot and previous rank.

Now it's a race against time, will this rag-tag crew find his faithful companion on star base K-9?

Comment

Now it's a race against time, will this rag-tag crew find his faithful companion on star base K-9?
      Ummm....Dave.... It is Star Trek. That should read "Now it's a race THROUGH time." We're talking about the third movie and what was missing from the 2nd movie?! But the villain in the second movie was from the past so maybe that counts.
      Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
        Ummm....Dave.... It is Star Trek. That should read "Now it's a race THROUGH time." We're talking about the third movie and what was missing from the 2nd movie?! But the villain in the second movie was from the past so maybe that counts.
        Sounds like you've got a good angle on the continuing story and should run with it!

Maybe this 'Create-the-next-Trek' banter could use it's own thread?

Comment

Sounds like you've got a good angle on the continuing story and should run with it!

Maybe this 'Create-the-next-Trek' banter could use it's own thread?
          Surely, if it is the dog's welfare at the heart of the story, it is time for Captain Archer to make an appearance ...
          The Optimist: The glass is half full
          The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
          The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Comment

Next Star Trek Film - Or Not...

As suggested, I'm splitting off some of the posts in the 'Flickering Light' thread to here so the er...speculation ( ) can continue.

Jan
            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Oh dear... you may have just given my off the cuff Star Trek movie pitch more validation than it ever deserved.
              Last edited by Ubik; 07-26-2013, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Garibaldi's Hair View Post
                Surely, if it is the dog's welfare at the heart of the story, it is time for Captain Archer to make an appearance ...
                A much older Captain Archer appears, but only on a view screen to reassure the crew that Spot is not evil.

He then mentions Porthos and becomes agitated upon seeing Scotty on the bridge.
                The call drops as Archer is shaking his fist...

Scotty: "I like this ship, but the phone service is bad as ever"

Kirk: "Any other bright ideas gentlemen?"

Bones: "You don't shut the barn door once your prize stallion has flown the coop...er, well you know what I mean. That pointy eared rascal could be sniffing around the neutral-zone again and If the neighbors catch him in their yard once more..."

Comment

Dave, Dave, You are giving away too much. You're handing them dialogue. Don't get upset when this picture opens with Ubik's idea and your words.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                    Dave, Dave, You are giving away too much. You're handing them dialogue. Don't get upset when this picture opens with Ubik's idea and your words.
                    I got it... do some of the movie through spot's point of view!

Sort of like a Dog-Cam.

Comment

OMG DAVE! Save it until you are under contract ! ! ! !

And since this is the future and Spot may or may not be some sort of alien dog, will Spot be able to talk and fly?

Comment

A much older Captain Archer appears, but only on a view screen to reassure the crew that Spot is not evil.

He then mentions Porthos and becomes agitated upon seeing Scotty on the bridge.
                        The call drops as Archer is shaking his fist...

Scotty: "I like this ship, but the phone service is bad as ever"

Kirk: "Any other bright ideas gentlemen?"

Bones: "You don't shut the barn door once your prize stallion has flown the coop...er, well you know what I mean. That pointy eared rascal could be sniffing around the neutral-zone again and If the neighbors catch him in their yard once more..."
                        BONES TURNS TO KIRK, A MISCHIEVOUS GLINT IN HIS EYE.

Bones: Damn it Jim! We've been thinking about this all wrong! To find a dog, we need to think like a dog!"

Kirk: "What did you have in mind Bones?"

Bones: "You remember the device we found on K9?"

Kirk: "The neural bridge?"

Bones: "Yes, Jim. The very same device that allows two beings, no matter how alien, to share their thoughts. We'd have never left K9 alive had we not discovered it. It almost destroyed Spock's mind, but we made it out alive."

Kirk: "Raise Archer, tell him we're going to need his dog!".
                        Last edited by Ubik; 07-27-2013, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubik View Post
                          BONES TURNS TO KIRK, A MISCHIEVOUS GLINT IN HIS EYE.

Bones: Damn it Jim! We've been thinking about this all wrong! To find a dog, we need to think like a dog!"

Kirk: "What did you have in mind Bones?"

Bones: "You remember the device we found on K9?"

Kirk: "The neural bridge?"

Bones: "Yes, Jim. The very same device that allows two beings, no matter how alien, to share their thoughts. We'd have never left K9 alive had we not discovered it. It almost destroyed Spock's mind, but we made it out alive."

Kirk: "Raise Archer, tell him we're going to need his dog!".
                          Scotty having studied the small alien device adds : "As long as there's a wee bit of animal sentience in a carbon-based lifeform, it should be safe enough Captain. Just no more minerals, after the Horta, Spock looked stoned for days."

(hmm, I wonder how it would mix with a little scotch?)

Communications with Archer have been established andthe Admiral appears in his familiar mirror universe uniform once again.

Archer: "You may dispense with the pleasantries, Kirk. Give yourself to the Dark Side...erm, the Admiralty!"

Archer then leans toward the view screen, his eyes narrowing: "Yes, your thoughts betray you. Your feelings are strong. Especially for... Spot. So you've lost your doggy?
                          Well dog-gone-it why didn't you tell me!

Kirk: We would like to borrow Porthos for short trip, we think he can put us on the right scent.

Archer: Sure thing, I've been saving him for something special. Just swing by my base...I should have him revived from his Carbonite nap by then.

Bones, Scotty, and Kirk have retrieved the Beagle and are in sick bay.
                          McCoy is busily fitting the dog with with the alien device.

Bones is humming a little Dr. Dolittle tune: "Imagine if these google glasses weren't banned in the 21st century. Guess it was a good thing that the Romulans enhanced the design for direct cortical transmission."
                          OK Captain now for your pair... or we could all just communicate with Porthos with this tri-corder.
                          You see, he's asking for cheese. "

Comment

Kirk: "No Bones, hook me up with the glasses too, it will work better for the story...ahem, I mean our search.

Bones: "What-ever, now hold still this might sting for a second" Clank! "How do you feel?"

Kirk: "What? I've got ringing in my ears and a sudden craving for cheddar!" "Porthos?"

Porthos: "Now you know how I feel... besides the frostbite after Archer threw me in the freezer." "What's with these Starfleet Admirals? One day he's a hard working bridge command officer - I take a tinkle at his promotion ceremony and BAM, I'm a corbinite-dogcicle!

Scotty: "Well little fella, if you ever feel your catching a chill, I've got just the thing to warm you up!"

Porthos: "And you keep your distance 'Transporter Tom'! [ to Kirk] "This looney runs out of Tribbles to space and grabs the next thing with-in reach, me!"
                            "See these little thumbs? It took months to hitch a ride back to earth."
                            [to Scott] " Best watch your back-side 'Sunny Jim', next time you bend over to pick up a Tribble, I aim to bite it!"

Boys, Boys, there are bigger things at stake here. Me!

I've got to get my Spot back. Every good Captain has a dog, or a fish or something and spot is my confidante, my rock... my pal." "Without him I seem to be loosing my mojo."

Bones: "What's this now? Your not making sense Jim-boy!"

Kirk: "Well that's just it, when going toe to toe with a renegade Klingon ship or Chromorhine Fangor Beast, just knowing spot is safe in my cabin I'd never give up, never surrender.
                            Chicks think he's cute too. One look at spot and all those princesses, diplomates and commoners alike just melt in my arms."
                            "Since he's disappeared, I feel I've lost my confidence, essence, The right stuff. What the French call a certain... I don't know what."

Bones: "Then we'd better get going and keep this quiet. The fewer people... sorry, and dogs involved, the better".

Scott: "Captain, I've just reviewed the ships security video from outside your cabin door while at space dock the day spot vanished. The only face not recognized by our database is this big fellow who momentarily leaned on the doggy door and scooped something up in one arm."
                            "Look closely as he turns toward the camera... that dappled face... those red eyes."

Kirk: "Can it be?

Bones: "Yes Jim, my tri-corder confirms the traces of spoo he used to lure Spot out of your cabin. It's...it's...'The One-Armed-Narn'".

Porthos: "The swine!, theres nothing better then chedder, except aged spoo."

Kirk: "Then gentlemen this is more serious than expected. This is bigger than all of us and to protect you, I must go after him alone!"

Scott: "But why man? How can you not tell Starfleet!?

Kirk: "This maybe bigger than our whole universe. You see Paramount and Warners would never knowingly allow such an encroachment." " From this point on, I walk alone".

Porthos: "Good, I could use a walk".

Comment

Tears, joy, a rollercoaster of emotions is what I felt reading that. I can't even imagine the records it will break for awards. And I think we all know this will guarantee the first academy award win for a dog. It has been a long time coming, but this blockbuster is the obvious vehicle that will right so many wrongs.

Comment

Working...
                              X