Sons of Anarchy is great!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sons of Anarchy is great!

Just wanted to say thanks Dr. Maturin for the recommendation, and to go on record to say that Sons of Anarchy is seriously great TV. IÆm now nearing the end of Season 5 and the show continues to get better and better.

Like Hamlet? Like Motorbikes? This is definitely for you. I burned through four seasons in a month, so that should say something about the quality of the show. The plotting is long term and spans multiple seasons, with each season having its own definite focus and problems to be overcome by æthe clubÆ. It takes absolutely no prisoners and youÆre left feeling that no one character is safe. ItÆs fast moving drama and I love the loose re-interpretation of ShakespeareÆs Hamlet thatÆs slowly playing out. In short, itÆs superb. Give it a shot if you need some new drama.

First four seasons are on Netflix. Any other SOA fans lurking round these parts?
    Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

You've seen more than I have, ha ha ha. I have only watched through the first three seasons.

I thought season 2 was weak, but the rest were great.

Fromone of the minds behind The Shield, I would expect nothing less.
    Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

I'm nearing the e3nd of season 4 but have recently started back in to wokr after a long time (more than six months) out so my tv watching time has been seriously eaten in to, I will polish off season 4 at some point though, season 5 is not on netflix.
      Phaze
      on the "rediscovering the concept of le weekend soon" ID
      "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Kevin G. Cremin produced the first two seasons of Sons of Anarchy and John Flinn served as a fill-in DP for a couple episodes in season four, so there are some nice B5 connections.

The location for the Teller-Morrow exteriors are not terribly far from the former B5 stages either. The interiors are shot on the same stages where Twin Peaks was filmed.

Comment

It helps that the show takes place in a fictional municipality neighboring my hometown, too.

I can't wait to see how the series ends.
          Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Working...
          X