Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great line on the Big Bang Theory tonight

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Great line on the Big Bang Theory tonight

    Leonard: "If they did not want nerds to yell at them, they shouldn't have started a SyFy channel."

  • #2
    Originally posted by Dan Dassow View Post
    Leonard: "If they did not want nerds to yell at them, they shouldn't have started a SyFy channel."
    Is that how they spelled it on the captioning? Wonder how it's spelled in the script. I was hoping that Sheldon would have derided their latest name, Syfy, or at least that someone would've mentioned that they are no longer called "The Sci-Fi Channel" similar to how FOX was lambasted by Futurama.
    Last edited by KoshN; 04-26-2013, 09:25 AM.
    Mac Breck (KoshN)
    ------------------
    Warner Brothers is Lucy.
    JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
    Babylon 5 is the football.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by KoshN View Post
      Is that how they spelled it on the captioning? Wonder how it's spelled in the script. I was hoping that Sheldon would have derided their latest name, Syfy, or at least that someone would've mentioned that they are no longer called "The Sci-Fi Channel" similar to how FOX was lambasted by Futurama.
      I just checked the closed captioning. They indeed used SyFy.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Dan Dassow View Post
        I just checked the closed captioning. They indeed used SyFy.
        Maybe Lorre chickened out.
        Mac Breck (KoshN)
        ------------------
        Warner Brothers is Lucy.
        JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
        Babylon 5 is the football.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by KoshN View Post
          Maybe Lorre chickened out.
          I looked at this again. The closed captioning for Sheldon says SyFy. Later on, the closed captioning for Leonard says "Sci-Fi".

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dan Dassow View Post
            I looked at this again. The closed captioning for Sheldon says SyFy. Later on, the closed captioning for Leonard says "Sci-Fi".
            Wonder what Lorre's script says. Sometimes the captioning is wrong. It's probably "the Syfy channel" as opposed to the old, official name "The Sci-Fi Channel." Note the use of uppercase and lowercase there is intentional.
            Mac Breck (KoshN)
            ------------------
            Warner Brothers is Lucy.
            JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
            Babylon 5 is the football.

            Comment

            Working...
            X