X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marsden
    replied
    Originally posted by Ubik View Post
    Huh... I imagine talk radio thrives on that kind of thing anyway.
    Exactly why I never listen to it.

Nice to see he's doing well, though. Good luck to him.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    No one ever said those in the press aren't trained quite well.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr Maturin View Post
    I saw him on the Communist News Network the other day being talked over by the host.
    Somebody managed to talk over him? That's some trick!

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    I agree with his libertarian politics and think he's awesome. Good for him.

I saw him on the Communist News Network the other day being talked over by the host.

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    The one time I listened to his show was when he was rambling wildly about wanting to sue WB for breach of contract when the planned Garibaldi segment was dropped from the Lost Tales disk - despite the fact that he freely admitted that he didn't actually *have* a contract. I found the lack of logic disturbing.

Jan
    Huh... given nothing was committed to film, that does seem a bit over the top. I imagine talk radio thrives on that kind of thing anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    The one time I listened to his show was when he was rambling wildly about wanting to sue WB for breach of contract when the planned Garibaldi segment was dropped from the Lost Tales disk - despite the fact that he freely admitted that he didn't actually *have* a contract. I found the lack of logic disturbing.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Originally posted by frulad View Post
    Ubik - Talkers is the trade magazine for talk radio, it would be like being named to a list of top 100 businessmen by Forbes magazine.
    Cheers, pretty good going then!

Leave a comment:

• frulad
    replied
    Ubik - Talkers is the trade magazine for talk radio, it would be like being named to a list of top 100 businessmen by Forbes magazine.

Leave a comment:

• DaveNarn
    replied
    In the top 10 too, congratulations Jerry Doyle!

I listened to him for a while. He comes across as being a hard-boiled, world weary, old curmudgeon.
    I guess to be successful in that biz, you need a lot of bluster and I could hear a lot of Garabaldi coming through his tirades.

Occasionally Jerry would reminisce about his days on B-5 which was very cool!

As much as I like Doyle/Garabaldi, I got to say that the best shows where the ones that Dwight Shultz subbed for.
    Dwight is a fantastic talk show host and I wish he had his own.

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Having never heard of 'talkers magazine'.... No idea if this represents a landmark of any kind?

I do know he's done very well with his radio career though, so well done to the man. Wikipedia informs me his stance is 'right libertarian'. Not quite sure what that boils down to? In UK terms, I'm guessing liberal conservative? Which always seems to me to be a bit of a contraditiciton in terms.
    Last edited by Ubik; 03-14-2013, 03:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• frulad
    started a topic Jerry Doyle hits #8 On Talkers Heavy Hundred

Jerry Doyle hits #8 On Talkers Heavy Hundred

Whether you agree with his politics or not, let's take a moment to recognize that Jerry Doyle has hit Talkers Magazine's annual "Heavy Hundred" list at number 8.

Working...
X