Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mass Effect

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mass Effect

    Just wondering if there are any other fans of Mass Effect out there. If so, want to talk ending?
    "You don't like it here, do you? You'd rather you were back in your quarters, asleep, dreaming dreams of glory."

  • #2
    Originally posted by Sebastian View Post
    Just wondering if there are any other fans of Mass Effect out there. If so, want to talk ending?
    Loved the first two, haven't played 3 yet. Will do so soon.
    Jonas Kyratzes | Lands of Dream

    Comment


    • #3
      Very good, I wonÆt give you any spoilers. IÆd be interested to know your take on the ending, though, when youÆre able to get around to it.

      For anyone else that hasnÆt played this, it reminds me of Babylon 5 because Bioware (the developer) planned the series as a trilogy with a continuous story arc. IÆd highly recommend it unless you simply donÆt do video games. ItÆs got a tremendous sci-fi story, memorable characters & top-notch voice acting.
      "You don't like it here, do you? You'd rather you were back in your quarters, asleep, dreaming dreams of glory."

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Sebastian View Post
        Very good, I wonÆt give you any spoilers. IÆd be interested to know your take on the ending, though, when youÆre able to get around to it.

        For anyone else that hasnÆt played this, it reminds me of Babylon 5 because Bioware (the developer) planned the series as a trilogy with a continuous story arc. IÆd highly recommend it unless you simply donÆt do video games. ItÆs got a tremendous sci-fi story, memorable characters & top-notch voice acting.
        I believe the developers have stated that B5 was a major inspiration; it's pretty clear from the design of the Citadel, too.
        Jonas Kyratzes | Lands of Dream

        Comment


        • #5
          I enjoyed the trilogy quite a lot and no, I didn't have any problems with the ending(s). Getting into details would not be possible without spoiling it others though.

          Also, I'd like to clarify, that while the developers did have a trilogy in mind from the outset, the story wasn't laid out (even in broad strokes) before development started.
          Babylon 5 Animations

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm pondering picking this puppy up on ps/3, I enjoy the uncharted games, wasn't too keen on halo , like most FPS type things, GTA left me kinda cold for long term gameplay, anyone think I'd enjoy it?
            Phaze
            on the "I should be saving the pennis for phoenix but meh, you know how it goes" ID
            "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by phazedout View Post
              I'm pondering picking this puppy up on ps/3, I enjoy the uncharted games, wasn't too keen on halo , like most FPS type things, GTA left me kinda cold for long term gameplay, anyone think I'd enjoy it?
              Depends on how much you like RPGs. It's one of those games you play mainly for the story. The gameplay gets a bit more streamlined in parts 2 & 3 (personally, I liked all three but some people complained about part 1) but it's third person shooter and much tighter controls than GTA. However, if the thought of listening to dialogue & spending a fair amount of time interacting with different characters doesn't appeal to you, may not be your cup of tea. Could be best to try a demo first, if possible.

              On the plus side, though, the story & characters are great.
              "You don't like it here, do you? You'd rather you were back in your quarters, asleep, dreaming dreams of glory."

              Comment


              • #8
                As much as i would like to play ME 1-3, th efact that it is published by EA is a no go, no purchase...
                What's up Drakh?

                Comment

                Working...
                X