• Show
Clear All

• David Panzer
    replied
    And I thought Doomguy was the only one who carried a BFG9000 to work

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Aaahhhhh...... DougO closed registration last night so I'll only have the stragglers to bash now. For a few days there, it was almost like work!

Jan
    who's aware she's got the cushiest modding job ever

Leave a comment:

• DaveNarn
    replied
    Originally posted by Chipmunk View Post
    LOL! Where they'll be no tribble at all.

I'd been testing some anti-spam stuff for the last 7+ weeks on a "live" forum, then set up a new spammers-only test forum, and did the equivalent of "beam" all except a small list of IP addresses over to the new test forum (on a different server).
    'Ship In a Bottle' from the sixth season of TNG, brilliant!

- and more humane to the Klingons

Leave a comment:

• Chipmunk
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveNarn View Post
    In the immortal words of Scotty " There be Spammers here" and they're multiplying.

Too bad we can't just beam them all to a nice and cozy departing Klingon ship's engine room.
    LOL! Where they'll be no tribble at all.

I literally did LOL, because, now that you phrase it that way, that's exactly what I did last night...
    I'd been testing some anti-spam stuff for the last 7+ weeks on a "live" forum, then set up a new spammers-only test forum, and did the equivalent of "beam" all except a small list of IP addresses over to the new test forum (on a different server).
    It felt very-very good.

Today, it has felt like watching an ant that one has carefully (and humanely) moved. Most of them literally do not seem to realize they're somewhere else.

Maybe smothering spammers in tribbles would be more humane than G'Kar's Wish, as applied to spammers?

Leave a comment:

• DaveNarn
    replied
    In the immortal words of Scotty " There be Spammers here" and they're multiplying.

Too bad we can't just beam them all to a nice and cozy departing Klingon ship's engine room.
    Last edited by DaveNarn; 01-20-2013, 12:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• phazedout
    replied
    The M stands for Mj√∑lnir
    Phaze
    on the "Simples" ID

Leave a comment:

• Dan Dassow
    replied
    Originally posted by phazedout View Post
    ware ye the mighty jan
    who wields the hammer of spam
    JAN SMASH
    Jan Thor Schroeder: All this time I thought that Jan's middle initial was M.

Leave a comment:

• phazedout
    replied
    ware ye the mighty jan
    who wields the hammer of spam
    JAN SMASH

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    started a topic Spammers are a'coming...

Spammers are a'coming...

I asked DougO to open registration temporarily since there are some folks over on Facebook who are looking to join our happy band. In less than an hour I've already deleted 12 spam posts so be patient if it takes me a little bit to Ban them and delete their droppings. I'll hammer them as soon as I can.

Meanwhile, welcome to our new REAL members!

Jan
Working...
X