No announcement yet.

New Trek Poster [possible spoilers]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man, I was watching the '95 sub warfare movie 'The Crimson Tide' and had forgotten a character mentions both Run Silent, Run Deep and The Enemy Below in the first few scenes!

I loved all the other pop culture references that Quentin Tarantino is reported to have contributed to the dialogue but was uncredited for.

This kind of action drama would have made an amazing Trek movie.
    (I wonder if Archer ever let Porthos tinkle in the crew passages of his Enterprise?)

Until we get another space show on TV, submarine movies are the next best thing.

Comment

If you haven't seen it....

If you haven't seen it, K-19 The Widowmaker is one I like. And if you watch it on DVD or Blu-Ray be sure to watch the special features.
      Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

I watched five films on TCM related to submarines during World War II.
        Destination Tokyo (1943)
        Torpedo Run (1958)
        Run Silent, Run Deep (1958)
        Up Periscope (1959)
        Operation Pacific (1951)

I could see how all of these could be adapted to Star Trek.

Comment

Crimson Tide is worth a re-watch - nominated for three Academy Awards.
          Washington's character 'Lt. Ron Hunter' referred to himself as Capt. Kirk a couple of times.
          As a Trek movie remake, it would be awesome to see Gene Hackman as an out-of-control Capt. Pike trying to launch against a perceived Romulan invasion, while his first officer Denzel Washington as Kirk - young and idealistic, challenges Pikes authority to attack while countering a ships mutiny.

Up Periscope was real good too. With a little James Bond spy action ala James Garner.

... more sub movies I want to see:
          Torpedo Run
          U 47
          In Enemy Hands
          Ice Station Zebra
          The Fifth Missile
          Gray Lady Down

Comment

Working...
          X