Star Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonas View Post
    Now hold on a minute... not loving B5 is not the same. It is simply inexcusable! Inexcusable, I tell you!
    Yeah. Sometimes people are just plain WRONG!
    Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

I bought some star wars EU novels to check them out and whenever I read Lando I wanted to read Londo. "giggles"

Comment

Originally posted by Delenn_of_Mir View Post
        I bought some star wars EU novels to check them out and whenever I read Lando I wanted to read Londo. "giggles"
        Don't do that ... now I have an image in my mind of the Millenium Falcon hurtling through the superstructure of the second Death Star with Londo at the controls grinning maniacally and muttering "Just like Thalos 12" under his breath.
        The Optimist: The glass is half full
        The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
        The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Comment

Good news about Disney, but I thought the sequel novels by Timothy Zahn known as Heir to the Empire were episodes 7,8, and 9.

Sorry, they are know as the Thrawn Trilogy, Heir to the Empire is just the first one.

I liked the prequels, I don't know why it's so trendy to hate them.

I really liked the political intrigue of the prequels showing how Palpatine maneuvered both sides by creating the crisis and then exploiting it.

I didn't think the first three movies were that good. Of the three, I only liked the first which borrowed heavily from The Hidden Fortress and Dune. Although that first movie is one of my all time favorites, which I can't say about any of the others, I didn't like Empire too much, and hated the last of the original three.

I had more but that sums it up.
          Last edited by Marsden; 11-14-2012, 07:49 AM.
          "And what kind of head of Security would I be if I let people like me know things that I'm not supposed to know? I mean, I know what I know because I have to know it. And if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me, and I don't let anyone else tell me either. " And I can give you reasonable assurances that the head of Security will not report you for doing so."
          "Because you won't tell yourself about it?"

"I try never to get involved in my own life, too much trouble."

Comment

Originally posted by Garibaldi's Hair View Post
            Don't do that ... now I have an image in my mind of the Millenium Falcon hurtling through the superstructure of the second Death Star with Londo at the controls grinning maniacally and muttering "Just like Thalos 12" under his breath.
            Ahhhh, that made me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Garibaldi's Hair View Post

Comment

HAHAHAHAHA!

Dave that's amazing!

Comment

Great job on the picture!
                  "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

The ambassador is full of tricks and Garibaldi's Hair's mental image was inspired!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveNarn View Post

"giggles muchly"

That's an epic pic!!!

Comment

I finally got to see DaveNarn's pictures! Ha! They're both great!

Did you make those yourself?
                        Last edited by Marsden; 11-16-2012, 05:38 AM.
                        "And what kind of head of Security would I be if I let people like me know things that I'm not supposed to know? I mean, I know what I know because I have to know it. And if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me, and I don't let anyone else tell me either. " And I can give you reasonable assurances that the head of Security will not report you for doing so."

Comment

Ah, a Facebook cover photo.

The SW news is great. It's great because getting the creative control out of Lucas's hands was vital to a good product being generated. Someone had mentioned that the success of SW has largely been due to other hands' touching the material. This is absolutely correct. The original cut of ANH looked like a corny cheesefest, from what I've seen.
                          Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Yup ... that's the one.

Brilliant.

The Optimist: The glass is half full
                            The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
                            The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Comment

Originally posted by Marsden View Post
                              Did you make those yourself?
                              No & yes.
                              Episode VII is a demotivational poster found on the interwebs.
                              Londo's Falcon are two screen grabs captured from each scene mentioned

Comment

No & yes.
                                Episode VII is a demotivational poster found on the interwebs.
                                Londo's Falcon are two screen grabs captured from each scene mentioned
                                Well, you did a really good job. IMO. I've got low standards I've been told by almost everyone, but I like it! I'd buy that for a dollar!

Comment

Working...
                                X