Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thu 13-Oct-2011 Episode of Big Bang Theory [SPOILERS]

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Big-Bang...k-1037900.aspx

Wil Wheaton throws a party at his home on the 13-Oct-2011 episode with an exclusive guest list that includes his old Trek co-star Brent Spiner, who played android Data, and Leonard (Johnny Galecki).

As a bonus to hardcore Trekkers, the sitcom is dotting the soiree with some well-known behind-the-scenes Star Trek crew members, including original Star Trek series writers David Gerrold ("The Trouble with Tribbles") and D.C. Fontana.

Cool, thanks for pointing it out. I generally watch it anyway but now I'll pay extra attention.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Babylon 5 writers on the Big Bang Theory??? I am SO there!

Granted, I was going to be there anyway, haven't missed an episode of the series, but still ... this is awesome!
      "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
        Cool, thanks for pointing it out. I generally watch it anyway but now I'll pay extra attention.

Jan
        For those who do not know what David Gerrold and Dorthy Fontana look like here are some pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by OmahaStar View Post
          Babylon 5 writers on the Big Bang Theory??? I am SO there!

Granted, I was going to be there anyway, haven't missed an episode of the series, but still ... this is awesome!
          Now that we have the precedence, maybe we can convince Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady to have other B5 writers on TBBT, especially if his initials are JMS.
          Last edited by Dan Dassow; 10-12-2011, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dassow View Post
            Now that we have the precedence, maybe we can convince Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady to have other B5 writers on BBT, especially if his initials are JMS.
            <sulu> Oh...My....</sulu> I can't decide whether JMS would be Sheldon's best friend or new nemesis!

Jan
            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

And Facebook just told me that TBBT is an hour tomorrow, too.

Jan

Comment

And Facebook just told me that TBBT is an hour tomorrow, too.

Jan
                CBS has been advertising TBBT: The Russian Rocket Reaction as a one hour block for the past few days. In one of the clips from the show, Sheldon denounces Star Trek as childish. Definitely this is taken out of context. However, it could be interesting to see what prompted Sheldon to make such a statement.

Besides JMS, it would be great to see Bjo Trimble on the show.
                Last edited by Dan Dassow; 10-12-2011, 07:31 PM.

Comment

<sulu> Oh...My....</sulu> I can't decide whether JMS would be Sheldon's best friend or new nemesis!

Jan
                  Sheldon *despises* Babylon 5 (established when Leonard wanted to watch it). Just another reason why I can't stand Sheldon.
                  Babylon 5 Animations

Comment

Originally posted by Zoltan View Post
                    Sheldon *despises* Babylon 5 (established when Leonard wanted to watch it). Just another reason why I can't stand Sheldon.
                    I know, that's what's so funny. Especially if what I've seen in a preview turns out to be true.

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dassow View Post
                      Now that we have the precedence, maybe we can convince Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady to have other B5 writers on TBBT, especially if his initials are JMS.

Jan
                      Originally posted by Zoltan View Post
                      In the advertisement for the episode, Sheldon states that Wil Wheaton is only one of his 61 mortal enemies. Sheldon also has a restraining order to keep him away from Leonard Nimoy. If Sheldon were to participate on any board related to Babylon 5, JMS would probably eventually have to take a retraining order out against him.

Jim Parsons was on the Craig Ferguson show last night promoting the episode. He hinted at having Geoff the robotic skeleton on TBBT.

Comment

Hope nobody's spoiler-phobic who reads this thread. Think I'd better revise the subject line.

Jan

Comment

Though they had no dialog, it was nice to see Dorothy and David repeatedly on screen.
                          "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

Originally posted by OmahaStar View Post
                            Though they had no dialog, it was nice to see Dorothy and David repeatedly on screen.
                            Yes, it was great to see Dorothy and David in the background. I was hoping that Sheldon or Leonard would have acknowledged them, since truly knowledgeable Star Trek fans would have recognized them on sight.

Here is a plot synopsis for those who missed the episode and do not mind spoilers.
                            Synopsis for "The Big Bang Theory" The Russian Rocket Reaction (2011)
                            Last edited by Dan Dassow; 10-14-2011, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X