Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cool Things We Made

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cool Things We Made

    So, I'm a relatively creative person, and I tend to produce a lot of stuff. And I like to share that stuff. But if I post a new thread every time there's something interesting to share, I'll be spamming the forums. So I thought, why not make a forum where we can all share our various creative endeavours?

    Go ahead! Post your links!
    Jonas Kyratzes | Lands of Dream

  • #2
    I'll start with some stuff:

    The Book of Living Magic is a fantasy point & click adventure you can play in your browser (for free). It's full of humour and bad puns and silly ideas, but not at all parodic or unserious. It's my second game set in the Lands of Dream, a setting I intend to return to several times.

    Life Support is a long short story (aka a novelette) my wife has just published on the Kindle. It's science fiction, and quite character-oriented. The price is as low as Amazon will allow.
    Jonas Kyratzes | Lands of Dream

    Comment


    • #3
      Cool effort, Jonas! I like those kind of adventures.

      I actually wrote some books a fews years ago, they're in German, as I come from Germany. Example might be that one:

      http://www.amazon.de/Faust-Trag%C3%B...3652051&sr=8-1

      It's sort of a modern fantasy story, conceived as a loose follow-up to Goethes Faust (title could be translated "Faust and the Tragedy of Mankind").

      Looking forward to other projects by forum members.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jonas View Post
        I'll start with some stuff:

        The Book of Living Magic is a fantasy point & click adventure you can play in your browser (for free). It's full of humour and bad puns and silly ideas, but not at all parodic or unserious. It's my second game set in the Lands of Dream, a setting I intend to return to several times.

        Life Support is a long short story (aka a novelette) my wife has just published on the Kindle. It's science fiction, and quite character-oriented. The price is as low as Amazon will allow.
        Sweet Jonas, will definitely read your story.

        I'd say the same to you Morden, but I don't read/speak German!
        Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
        True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Morden View Post
          Cool effort, Jonas! I like those kind of adventures.

          I actually wrote some books a fews years ago, they're in German, as I come from Germany. Example might be that one:

          http://www.amazon.de/Faust-Trag%C3%B...3652051&sr=8-1

          It's sort of a modern fantasy story, conceived as a loose follow-up to Goethes Faust (title could be translated "Faust and the Tragedy of Mankind").

          Looking forward to other projects by forum members.
          That sounds interesting! I do speak German, so I'll keep them in mind for when I finally get through my current pile.

          Sweet Jonas, will definitely read your story.
          Yay!

          Looking forward to more people posting here - I know there's creative folks around these forums. Come on and post!
          Jonas Kyratzes | Lands of Dream

          Comment


          • #6
            Our latest project: the Starving Artists Kitchen Show. Here's Episode 01: Making Bread. Yep, it's a cooking show.
            Jonas Kyratzes | Lands of Dream

            Comment


            • #7
              I began experimenting with digital abstract art as a direct result of watching
              B5. I liked how many of the CG nebula backgrounds were based upon images of real nebulas.
              Long story short, some of my art stuff is inspired by specific B5/Crusade concepts.
              Here is one:

              Well of Souls

              http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevebl...in/photostream
              Perception is reality...
              Until the audit goes public.

              SB

              Comment


              • #8
                Just released a new short story (for free): Fuck Vampires. (Caution: swearing, politics, horror.)
                Jonas Kyratzes | Lands of Dream

                Comment


                • #9
                  Sadly, I'm not creative in any way but I am pretty proud of the collection of B5 items I've gathered over time. I just updated my photo site with pics of the Minbari robe and some set decorations I've gotten recently.

                  http://photos.b5archivist.com/Galler...llery=212359#1

                  Jan
                  "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jan View Post
                    Sadly, I'm not creative in any way but I am pretty proud of the collection of B5 items I've gathered over time. I just updated my photo site with pics of the Minbari robe and some set decorations I've gotten recently.

                    http://photos.b5archivist.com/Galler...llery=212359#1

                    Jan

                    Soooo jealous over those. Good find.
                    Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
                    True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      This is a recent project inspired by watching the first run of B5 and being amazed at some of the cool CG nebulosity derived from the real thing.

                      http://vimeo.com/29132225

                      100% self published ambient Blu Ray video...and yes, any responses to the contest question will be honored
                      Last edited by Fourmyle of Ceres; 12-08-2011, 12:38 PM. Reason: Spelling
                      Perception is reality...
                      Until the audit goes public.

                      SB

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Fourmyle of Ceres View Post
                        This is a recent project 100 inspired by watching the first run of B5 and being amazed at some of the cool CG nebulosity derived from the real thing.

                        http://vimeo.com/29132225

                        100% self published ambient Blu Ray video...and yes, any responses to the contest question will be honored
                        WOW! That's gorgeous! As is the other one I watched (all I've got time for atm). And to answer the question: Because it's fracking beautiful!

                        Thanks,
                        Jan
                        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          So e-mail me a mailing address and not only will it not be misused, you will get the disk.
                          Thanks for participating!
                          Perception is reality...
                          Until the audit goes public.

                          SB

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            My wife and I are currently working on an ongoing project called The Oneiropolis Compendium. It's a growing series of images and stories that also functions as a donation drive to keep us from starving.

                            Have a look. (No, you don't need to donate anything.)
                            Jonas Kyratzes | Lands of Dream

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Jonas View Post
                              My wife and I are currently working on an ongoing project called The Oneiropolis Compendium. It's a growing series of images and stories that also functions as a donation drive to keep us from starving.

                              Have a look. (No, you don't need to donate anything.)
                              Just a quick look while I'm at lunch but I do love the color schemes you're using. Thanks for sharing. Wish I were able to contribute a bit but it's just not feasible at the moment.

                              Jan
                              "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X