X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Karen View Post
    Of course you need to pursue it! Follow you passion, after all.
    Never Surrender Dreams!

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Karen
    replied
    Of course you need to pursue it! Follow your passion, after all.
    Last edited by Karen; 04-30-2011, 12:40 PM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    Thank you, Dan. You've been very kind, as has everybody who has supported me throughout this. Even if nothing comes of this via Harper Collins, I certainly have some new ideas ù and new confidence! ù about pursuing voice work as a credible career option.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Dassow
    replied
    I cast my daily vote despite problems with my internet connection.
    Count is currently at 477.

Originally posted by AmyG View Post
    Thanks, all! We are getting to the bitter end, now!
    It was clear from the outset that winning this contest had less to do with merit than who could gather the most votes. You did a credible job in your narration. In my humble opinion, it is in the top 5. Ranking in the top 60 out of 1296 (4.1%) is still an incredible achievement.

In the long run, I hope that someone from Harper Collins or a credible future employer has reviewed your entry, and that this leads to a career as a voice actor.

Leave a comment:

• DGTWoodward
    replied
    a New Total...

Now at 468 votes

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    Thanks, all! We are getting to the bitter end, now!

Leave a comment:

• DeMonk
    replied
    Added one to that...

Leave a comment:

• Joansie
    replied
    As of my daily contrbution you are now at 455.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Dassow
    replied
    Daily de-vote-tional complete. Vote now at 446.

Leave a comment:

• DGTWoodward
    replied
    Now at 439.

Leave a comment:

• Karen
    replied
    Thank you so much for continuing to support my effort! You guys really are the best.
    Nah. This is easy. Waiting for new B5, that's difficult!

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    Thank you so much for continuing to support my effort! You guys really are the best.

Leave a comment:

• Joansie
    replied
    My morning voting is in and you are now at 419.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Dassow
    replied
    Sigh, I know. I'm hoping that maybe they aren't telling us something, and that "top 20" is just a suggestion and not the rule...
    We can hope that others beyond the top 20 will be considered. If HarperCollins went strictly by the comments, you would easily be in the top 5.

Originally posted by Karen View Post
    With the number of submissions that they received, they really should add another round to whittle it down to a reasonable amount of people so we could actually have an informed vote. Maybe the top 200? Then down to the top 20, then have some professionals listen to them without knowing who is who. They would be able to select the best, not the most popular. Of course, no one who matters asked my opinion.......
    Since the audiobook and 10th Anniversary Edition hardcover edition will be available on June 21, 2011, there isn't time for another round. HarperCollins stated that contest is primarily intended to promote the new edition.

Daily vote completed. Current count is 406.

hypatia
    My job involves reading a lot and I find audiobooks so restful at night. I love science fiction and your voice really suits the story content, from what I heard. You have a lovely voice, I would definitely buy audiobooks that you have narrated.
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 9:29 PM
    DeMonk
    Wonderful voice. I'd love an audiobook read by her.
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 3:49 AM

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    That's actually a great idea, but of course I'd think that since I'm not yet in the top 20...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X