Question for the grumbler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the grumbler

As a former member of the Royal Navy, can you tell me if Sterlings were standard-issue guns in the early 90's? I assume you were in at that point, just by the frame of reference in your stories. I read in a book that the Sterlings were used up until that point, but I don't know if the UK military has standard-issue guns across all services, like the M-16 is here.

EDIT: F'd up the subject title
    Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Sorry, I was US Navy for the entire 26 years I wore the uniform!

I did work a lot with the RN from about 1982-1996, but cannot answer your question. When I ws working with them, the guys I worked with called the armed types "Matelots with Muskets" so that tells you how much concern they had for the actual hardware.

p.s I had to look up the meaning of "Matelot" as well.
    I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

Well, I feel stupid.
      Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Working...
      X