Yay!!! My first one....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marsden View Post
    Doesn't that seem like a strange order of release?

But who am I to question the wisdom of the people that issue the discs.
    Well, that sounds exactly like the videotape release. They did seasons 1 and 5 simultaneously - in box sets of six episodes at a time on three tapes, then they did a couple releases from seasons two and four, then stopped.

As far as I know, they never did release season three that way.

When Columbia House was releasing them, they did the episodes in order, starting from The Gathering, through Sleeping in Light. But I don't believe they ever did laserdiscs.
    "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

Originally posted by Marsden View Post
      Doesn't that seem like a strange order of release?
      They began with seasons one and five, which made a sort of sense. Season five had just aired on TNT and I imagine they were trying to get to anyone who missed the tv broadcast (though I'm damned if I ever met an individual who owned a laserdisc player, but didn't have cable). Obviously, season one one was a logical place to start.

The fact that they finished year one and proceeded to year two makes perfect sense, but I have no idea why the meet-in-the-middle concept arose, leading to season four following the completion of five.

The ways of Image were like unto those of the Vorlon...

Comment

And YAYAY!!!! Not my last ones either....

just got these this morning....

I am very pleased indeed!
        http://www.lddb.com/collection.php?a...er=dgtwoodward
        Yes, I still collect Laserdiscs!!
        47" Phillips 1080p 46" Samsung 1080p Toshiba HD-30E (2 both Multi Region) PS3-80G 120G BR Multi-Region Maidstone MD-BR-2102 Sky-HD Freesat-HD Pioneer DVL-909 CLD-D925 CLD-2950 (AC3) CLD-D515 CLD S315 Yamaha ADP-1 Meridian 519 Pioneer 609 (DD/DTS) x 2 Speakers & subs Jammo M/S Pioneer Technics Sony Eltax Akai Aiwa

Comment

I won some more...

I have just scored some more BABYLON 5 Laserdiscs. And the best thing about then is that the majority of them are still sealed!!!

I got couple of dupes but the majority most are new...

Vol. 1.1 The Gathering - The Movie (dupe'd)

Season 1
          Vol. 1.2 Midnight on the Firing Line / Soul Hunter (dupe'd)
          Vol. 1.3 Born to the Purple / Infection
          Vol. 1.4 Parliament of Dreams / Mind War - sealed
          Vol. 1.5 The War Prayer / And the Sky Full of Stars - sealed
          Vol. 1.6 Deathwalker / Believers - sealed
          Vol. 1.7 Survivors / By Any Means Necessary - sealed
          Vol. 1.8 Signs and Portents / TKO - sealed
          Vol. 1.9 Grail / Eyes - sealed
          Vol. 1.10 Legacies / A Voice in the Wilderness Part I - sealed

Season 5
          Vol. 5.4 Learning Curve / Strange Relations - sealed
          Vol. 5.6 A Tragedy of Telepaths / Day of the Dead - sealed
          47" Phillips 1080p 46" Samsung 1080p Toshiba HD-30E (2 both Multi Region) PS3-80G 120G BR Multi-Region Maidstone MD-BR-2102 Sky-HD Freesat-HD Pioneer DVL-909 CLD-D925 CLD-2950 (AC3) CLD-D515 CLD S315 Yamaha ADP-1 Meridian 519 Pioneer 609 (DD/DTS) x 2 Speakers & subs Jammo M/S Pioneer Technics Sony Eltax Akai Aiwa

Comment

I Struck THE Motherload!!!

Half already with me, the other half on the way....

The very best part is that a) 9 out of the 12 discs are brand new and still sealed! b) They were only รบ1.67 each, that's only $1.05 (at today's rate) each!! I am overjoyed. I will post pix of the second lot when they arrive in a couple of days time. This means that I will have 26 out of the 33 U.S. produced B5 Laserdiscs ever made, with one Hong Kong and one Japanese one to also track down.

Comment

Those are some great covers! Thanks for sharing. And congratulations on your find.

Jan
              "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonDavis View Post
                They began with seasons one and five, which made a sort of sense. Season five had just aired on TNT and I imagine they were trying to get to anyone who missed the tv broadcast (though I'm damned if I ever met an individual who owned a laserdisc player, but didn't have cable). Obviously, season one one was a logical place to start.

The fact that they finished year one and proceeded to year two makes perfect sense, but I have no idea why the meet-in-the-middle concept arose, leading to season four following the completion of five.

The ways of Image were like unto those of the Vorlon...
                ....plus they never completed Seasons 2 or 4, and never issued any of Season 3 on LD.

I sold my complete B5 Laserdisc collection to resonator79 (Vienna, Austria) of the B5tv bboard.
                Last edited by KoshN; 03-19-2012, 05:43 PM.
                Mac Breck (KoshN)
                ------------------
                Warner Brothers is Lucy.
                JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
                Babylon 5 is the football.

Comment

Yes it was silly....

It is indeed a strange way to have done it! Still, there is some consolation in that I only have a small number of discs to track down to have as much B5 as there was available to get.

What with the horrid mix-up that became the DVD releases, and no realistic outlook for a Bluray release any time soon, these remain the definitive way to watch the show, whilst still retaining the maximum available picture resolution from that format, and the correct framing for all shots.

It's in 4:3, but that's how most (all?) of us saw it in its first run anyway.

This is just one of the titles that I will just keep buying, in whatever format it is released in. There are several in my collection...Blade Runner, Dune, the BATMAN movies, the SUPERMAN movies, the STAR WARS movies, Jaws, Jurassic Park, Forbidden Planet, STAR TREK, 007...and so on.
                  Last edited by DGTWoodward; 03-20-2012, 07:42 AM. Reason: bda smelling miskoots.

Comment

Getting There...Slowly,

A few more added!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0511621&type=3

Comment

Working...
                    X