Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    The Prisoner seemed OK at the start, but turned out to be a colossal waste of time.
    This is correct. It was a bunch of horseshit. I don't consider it to be a remake.

Leave a comment:

• vakie
    replied
    The Prisoner seemed OK at the start, but turned out to be a colossal waste of time.

First 4 episodes of V were good, let's hope they can keep it up or improve for the 4 season arc. And that it stays on the air long enough. Atleast the ratings were good so far, I think it was the highest rated new show of the fall.

Leave a comment:

• Jonas
    replied
    Originally posted by vakie View Post
    BSG: The Plan was a disappointment, didn't really do what it promised. They can't save a story that was put together on the fly from whatever they found in the closet on the day.
    I thought it was amazing.
    Amazing, that is, in how it manages to make the plot make even less sense than before.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    Well, The Prisoner is pretty bad ass. I still like the original better, but this was a great start. We'll see how it pans out.

Also, I watched the last two episodes of SGU and I will have to retract my prior statement. I like what they've done and can't wait for the next episode.

Leave a comment:

• David Panzer
    replied
    I admit that I do have a bias with regard to V. I never saw the series when it originally came out, and when I did get around to watching it in college I couldn't take anything about it seriously. I did watch part of the episode last week but nothing about it made me want to keep watching.

Leave a comment:

• I love Lyta
    replied
    Is a network's sci-fi series the lone voice of dissent in network TV?
    Wouldn't TV be boring if each station was just broadcasting opiniotainment all day long like a certain cable station?

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    SGU is a brilliant idea in concept. It definitely has a "Stargate Pretending to be BSG" feeling, which is not a bad thing. However, it suffers from the same ailments of the other SG series: the episodes, while not self-contained, generally have generic plots with predictable solutions. When they try to be unpredictable, they're predictable. With all that being said, I will continue to watch.

V is awesome. It has the potential to be a great series. I laughed at the Obama ribs, too. Is a network's sci-fi series the lone voice of dissent in network TV? :P

Leave a comment:

• vakie
    replied
    ----------

Leave a comment:

• vakie
    replied
    SGU seems to be OK, but they need to get on with it already and start moving the story along.

FlashForward is holding my interest a little bit better, they seem to be moving at a good pace and the plot atleast seems interesting so far. Good to see Dominic Monaghan again.

V was OK, eventhough there were some issues with the plot. Let's see how it evolves from that.

BSG: The Plan was a disappointment, didn't really do what it promised. They can't save a story that was put together on the fly from whatever they found in the closet on the day.

Leave a comment:

• I love Lyta
    replied
    Oh my fuckin' goodness! That Light ep was so awfully predictable...
    Makes my decision even easier. I'm out till the season finale. Though I don't hold any high hopes for it either.

Leave a comment:

• cruiser
    replied
    Summer in the Dollhouse....hmmmm.....Sounds like a holiday retreat!!!!

After last nights airing of SGU, I am still somewhat undecided. I am sure it's just my dislike of being left in the dark. At least Eli is back in the game.

Leave a comment:

• I love Lyta
    replied
    @cruiser:
    Answering you question in the spoiler: No it wasn't.

Leave a comment:

• frulad
    replied
    As for other shows, I am unhappy with the cancellation of terminator:tscc. Wanted to keep watching Summer Glau whoopin patooti.
    Summer Glau will be guesting on two episodes of DOLLHOUSE that will be airing in December.

Leave a comment:

• cruiser
    replied
    Still undecided about SGU...I haven't spoiled myself on the plot online but....

Possible spoiler-definite conjecture

...with the probable inclusion of some ancients in the crew it might just keep me watching. That wasn't a dust devil that led the Lt. to the limestone, was it?

Possible spoiler-definite conjecture

The ship itself definitely has a pre-programmed agenda. What could that be...

As for other shows, I am unhappy with the cancellation of terminator:tscc. Wanted to keep watching Summer Glau whoopin patooti.

With the positive feedback on Flashforward, I will start giving it a watch.

F/X' Sons of Anarchy has captured my attention. I get a kick out of watching Al Bundy's wife, Katy Sagal, playing 'Jemma', being brutal.

And Fringe can be absolutely frackin funny. You gotta love Walter. He reminds me of an Agriculture professor at U. of I..
    And I got to add...... syfy sux
    Last edited by cruiser; 10-23-2009, 04:19 PM. Reason: eliminate extra whitespace

Leave a comment:

• I love Lyta
    replied
    So, here's my verdict.
    First off all it's true what many have said concerning it heavily copycatting the BSG style. Heck the second the first episode started it felt like BSG all over again. However, Rush is no Baltar and Col. Young is no Admiral Adama. But somehow Eli reminded me of LOST's Hurley.
    Overall I'm not really sure whether I'm liking the show or not. I'm indifferent atm. The big concern of mine is that I have no idea about where they're trying to get with it. So I'll continue watching it, but I'll not be hanging at the edge of my seat until the next episode.
    Oh, and btw. did anyone notice that the ship is kind of looking like a damocles sword (probably hanging over the heads of everyone on it )?

Update:
    My, this show gets worse by the week (and I never actually thought that'd be possible). I'd probably watch this week's episode, but then I'll quit on it till season's end, to see whether there's gonna happen anything interesting at all.
    Last edited by I love Lyta; 10-19-2009, 03:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X