• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vakie
    replied
    As was talked about in the V thread,

V To Have "A Beginning, A Middle, And An End"

ABC's Stephen McPherson today confirmed that V will be premiering with an order of 13 episodes at midseason. "We want to craft a whole series," McPherson said this morning when unveiling ABC's 2009-2010 schedule. "At this point we believe the show will be four parts, with each consisting of anywhere from 13 to 22 episodes," McPherson says. "It will have a beginning, middle and end."

ABC representatives have assured that Elizabeth Mitchell will be able to appear on LOST in addition to V next season, though she won't be a series regular on LOST. (With the frequent use of flashbacks on LOST, that shouldn't be considered a spoiler.)
    I'm certainly interested to see how well they keep to their 4 year plan, and if they get to the end...

First episode on November 3.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Nazzaro
    replied
    I'm quite looking forward to ABC's Flash Forward, which begins on 9/24 I believe. I picked up the original novel a few years ago and really enjoyed it, so if the series remains true to the source material, it could have some potential. It's also got a good cast, and with Lost coming to an end this season, it's possible that ABC may be looking for its successor. We'll just have to wait and see.

Leave a comment:

• Jonas
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
    This fall Stargate Universe will be airing. It is suppose to be a departure from the previous two shows and be far more character driven like Firefly and Battlestar Galactica, but not as dark as Galactica got. If you've never seen Stargate before, this show is meant to be a fresh entry point for new viewers, so you don't need to watch the previous 15 seasons. I enjoyed the previous two Stargate shows, as they were entertaining, while definitely not to Babylon 5's calibre of storytelling (in my opinion), the show was fun, had good FX and some nice on going storylines. So perhaps you may want to check this show out when it airs on SyFy/Space on October 2nd (?).
    Personally, I found both of the old Stargate series to be bowel-shatteringly terrible, despite having several very good actors in them. (We watched Stargate: Atlantis for David Hewlett.) Both shows glorify militarism to a degree I can only describe as fascist, while containing stories that are almost exclusively ripped from Star Trek and a couple of other shows. It's like Star Trek, only the Federation is evil.
    I wasn't the greatest fan of Battlestar Galactica - it had some strengths, but also some pretty huge failings - but Stargate Universe is so obviously a rip-off that I'm embarrassed just to read about it. They're even imitating the camerawork.

I keep hoping for more good shows, but so far I haven't heard about anything that would make me want to see it. I am looking forward to the final season of Lost, which (despite some awful mistakes here and there) has consistently remained a serious and complex work of art with very well-written (if not always well-plotted) episodes. People get angry at it, and so do I at times, but despite the twists and the occasional nonsense, there is a lot of quality there.

And then there's the new season of Dollhouse, but my wife and I are mainly watching that to see if Whedon can turn it into something better. I'm not expecting too much.

If anyone has heard of some show that sounds really interesting, I'd love to know, too. TV has so much potential to tell great stories, but it's very rarely used to that effect.

Leave a comment:

• Jeremy
    replied
    This fall Stargate Universe will be airing. It is suppose to be a departure from the previous two shows and be far more character driven like Firefly and Battlestar Galactica, but not as dark as Galactica got. If you've never seen Stargate before, this show is meant to be a fresh entry point for new viewers, so you don't need to watch the previous 15 seasons. I enjoyed the previous two Stargate shows, as they were entertaining, while definitely not to Babylon 5's calibre of storytelling (in my opinion), the show was fun, had good FX and some nice on going storylines. So perhaps you may want to check this show out when it airs on SyFy/Space on October 2nd (?).

Leave a comment:

• WorkerCaste
    started a topic Fall TV Buzz

Fall TV Buzz

One of the greatest effects B5 had for me was raising my expectations for television. I now want my shows to be more. It's not just epsisodic versus arc, but it's really about the characters. I came to realize that I love character driven pieces.

All that being said, the big challenge is finding new shows that might grab my interest. What are people hearing about any new shows this fall? Any recommendations?
Working...
X