X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love Lyta
    replied
    Originally posted by strashiLOL View Post
    Is it more like an X-Files type of show?
    No. It's also based on a conspiracy theory obviously, and the protagonists are FBI agents as well, but that's as close as it get's to The X-Files.

Let us know your verdict on it
    I'll give you my verdict tomorrow.
    Watched Smallville and Californication instead.

Leave a comment:

• strashiLOL
    replied
    Originally posted by I love Lyta View Post
    I just saw Bruce Boxleitner in last week's episode of Heroes.
    He is still in great shape. And either they have great make-up peeps hired for that show or he really doesn't look much older than he did in B5...
    Bruce rocks, there's no question about it
    Anyways, I also saw the Flashforward opening, and I have to say it got me hooked immediately. Though I'm kind of scared about what kind of BS the writers might come up with along the ride, I'm also looking forward to seeing how things will develop...
    Haven't given it a try yet... Is it more like an X-Files type of show?
    As for SG:Universe: It's due for watching tonight.
    Let us know your verdict on it

Leave a comment:

• I love Lyta
    replied
    I just saw Bruce Boxleitner in last week's episode of Heroes.
    He is still in great shape. And either they have great make-up peeps hired for that show or he really doesn't look much older than he did in B5...
    Anyways, I also saw the Flashforward opening, and I have to say it got me hooked immediately. Though I'm kind of scared about what kind of BS the writers might come up with along the ride, I'm also looking forward to seeing how things will develop...
    As for SG:Universe: It's due for watching tonight. After I saw Paris Hilton killing people in the new ep of Supernatural.

Leave a comment:

• strashiLOL
    replied
    Originally posted by vakie View Post
    So what's the verdict on Stargate Universe?
    Well I went into it not expecting much, and the series quite surprised me, in the positive sense of the word I must say I really hate both SG-1 and Atlantis (although I DO love the original movie) and consider them the two worst sci-fi series ever. I also hate the new "re-imagined" Galactica. So it's pretty ironic that I liked the series that is labeled as a continuation of the Stargate franchise and looks like a Galactica clone

"Universe" is shot using hand-held cameras, much like Galactica, and has an overall similar look and feel. But, contrary to Galactica, the characters seem to be pretty interesting, especially the main protagonist (or is he an antagonist?.. or something in between?), Dr. Rush. He is skillfully played by Robert Carlyle, and he pretty much owns the whole show. Others are also pretty vivid, like the fat "wiz-kid" (some solid acting here as well), or the crazy sadistic sergeant, or the bombastic colonel Female characters seem so far to be pretty pale in comparison, but we'll see.

The story & atmosphere are quite good, although they also borrow much from Galactica - in both shows there's a group of people trapped on a big ship, experiencing problems with water, energy and whatnot. But I found the very concept of an ancient ship, travelling faster than light for thousands of years, without any steering... to be fascinating

All in all it's nowhere near the level of B5, but the first three eps look solid. We'll see if it gets better or worse in the near future

Leave a comment:

• David Panzer
    replied
    Mythbusters, Metalocalypse, The Venture Brothers, The Boondocks

Leave a comment:

• I love Lyta
    replied
    Originally posted by frulad View Post
    my morbid fascination with SMALLVILLE continues... sitting through three to five bad episodes for the occassional watchable one.
    Hehehe, I hear ya, brother! Same here...
    Tho now, that a certain someone showed up on the new season's premiere (and I do NOT mean their version of M....o!!!) I do think it's gonna be a bit more entertaining...

Other than that I'm also into the new season of Heroes, which now shows some nice new twists concerning character development.
    Also Supernatural, Californication and Two and a half Men.
    Never heard of Flashforward before, but I'll look into it. Sounds interesting...
    As for SG: Universe: Well, I'm not getting my hopes up. But I'll give it a try.
    Except for Jewel being a part of it I couldn't stand Atlantis at all.

Leave a comment:

• WorkerCaste
    replied
    Originally posted by vakie View Post
    I got maybe 20 minutes into it and life intruded. Haven't gotten back there, yet. I have seen the first two eps of Flash Forward and I have to say, I'm liking more than I thought I would. I wasnot expecting a lot, but it is an interesting concept and the execution seems good so far.

Anybody else finding any keepers in the new crop of shows?

Leave a comment:

• vakie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• frulad
    replied
    Aaaannnnnddd... Eastwick has the honor of being the first new shop to get dropped off the DVR.

Leave a comment:

• JoeD80
    replied
    Well House was different. They did a TV movie to wrap up some threads and then it goes back to regular episodes next week. The movie covered a timespan of several weeks (a month or two?) in the recovery of House and there was only one other regular character in the movie but still well done. I was hoping some of these threads would last longer but it does look like at least one thread will keep running through the season:

House attempting to get his medical license back.

Looking forward to it!

Leave a comment:

• JoeD80
    replied
    Looking forward to House tonight. In addition to enjoying each episode I've found this show pretty interesting in how the characters have developed over time, and I am hoping the current main plot thread

(spoiler)
    (House is now a patient at a mental hospital due to his mental breakdown in last season's finale)

(end spoiler)

goes beyond the opening episode (I believe it does but I haven't read any spoilers for the upcoming season yet). This show has done a great job of keeping character changes consistent and permanent so I hope the good work continues through the next year (which is season six IIRC).

Leave a comment:

• KoshN
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Nazzaro View Post
    I'm quite looking forward to ABC's Flash Forward, which begins on 9/24 I believe. I picked up the original novel a few years ago and really enjoyed it, so if the series remains true to the source material, it could have some potential. It's also got a good cast, and with Lost coming to an end this season, it's possible that ABC may be looking for its successor. We'll just have to wait and see.
    If you miss the first showing of FlashForward, ABC is having an encore showing on Friday (ditto for Modern Family and Cougar Town).

Leave a comment:

• NotSoWize
    replied
    I'll give Stargate: Universe a shot just because I'm a John Scalzi fan and I think he'll make sure that the science and continuity don't suck.

I'll also check out at least the first couple episodes of Flashforward just in case it turns out to be worthwhile.

I'm actually looking forward to AMC's remake/reimagining of The Prisoner. Now that their credibility has improved dramatically with Mad Men and Breaking Bad, I'm not as worried that this will be a low-budget travesty. The fact that Ian McKellen and Jim Caviezel are heading up the cast seals the deal for me.

Leave a comment:

• frulad
    replied
    I have to say that I really am liking GLEE, but I was a music nerd in high school, so the predisposition is there.

I'll be checking out COMMUNITY tonight, it looks like Chevy Chase might actually be funny again. Also looking forward to the premiers of FLASH FORWARD and EASTWICK.

I'll be returning for a new series of HEROES, though only to see if they can continue to pull themselves out of the dive they were starting to recover from in the last few episodes of last year. Anxiously awaiting DOLLHOUSE, and my morbid fascination with SMALLVILLE continues... sitting through three to five bad episodes for the occassional watchable one. Supposedly they're doing a "Justice Society" episode, so I'm amped for that.

Leave a comment:

• WorkerCaste
    replied
    Fast Forward is one I'll be checking out. I'm not familiar with the book, but the concept sounds interesting and original -- two big plusses!

Alien invasions have never been big on my list of things I like in genre fiction for whatever reason. Because of that, V didn't catch my attention the first time around and I'll probably give it a pass this time, too. You never know, though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X