Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Star Trek Trailer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Star Trek Trailer

    All I have to say is: WOW!

    May 8th can't come soon enough.

    Anyone know where the music is from?

    http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/startrek/
    http://www.andrewcardinale.com
    @acardi

  • #2
    IMAX, here I come!
    Only a fool fights in a burning house.

    Comment


    • #3
      Music from the film maybe? It's getting close enough that they may have started scoring it. I like this trailer a lot better than the last one. You get a sense of big adventure here. I like what I'm seeing from Kirk.

      Comment


      • #4
        Not bad. I didn't care for the "man" line from Kirk.

        Also, considering ST's checkered past with canonicity, this movie shouldn't be a problem for anybody.
        Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

        Comment


        • #5
          Wow, looks great. =)

          Direct links:

          * Hi-Res (21.9Mb)
          * HD 480P (38.9Mb)
          * HD 720P (90.6Mb)
          * HD 1080P (153Mb)

          The music sounds to me like a somewhat re-orchestrated version of the new Batman theme by Zimmer/Howard from Batman Begins/The Dark Knight. The music in the first trailer was a re-orchestrated version of the Children of Dune score by Brian Tyler:

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fJ9bsA-mYQ

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by vakie View Post
            The music sounds to me like a somewhat re-orchestrated version of the new Batman theme by Zimmer/Howard from Batman Begins/The Dark Knight.
            That's what I figured, but I wasn't sure.

            The music in the first trailer was a re-orchestrated version of the Children of Dune score by Brian Tyler
            One of the best soundtracks ever
            http://www.andrewcardinale.com
            @acardi

            Comment


            • #7
              After a quick listen, track #8 (Like A Dog Chasing Cars) on the TDK soundtrack is extremely close to the trailer music.. the theme also repeats in #14 (A Dark Knight).

              Comment


              • #8
                Not impressed. At all.
                Fucking crewmen?! Gimme a break!

                Still, I'm gonna watch it to see whether my first impression was right or not.
                Last edited by I love Lyta; 03-08-2009, 08:24 AM.
                What's up Drakh?

                Comment


                • #9
                  New ST Movie

                  Originally posted by Dr Maturin View Post
                  Not bad. I didn't care for the "man" line from Kirk.

                  Also, considering ST's checkered past with canonicity, this movie shouldn't be a problem for anybody.
                  Since JJ Abrahms' intent with the film is to completely reboot the ST universe (Something JMS himself offered nearly 4 years ago), I see it as an opportunity to re-write the canon as well.

                  I'm enough of a Trek purist that I got really p.o.'d with several of the antics in ST Voyager and Enterprise (nearly impossible to do a good "prequel," tho nods to JMS for doing it up right in the single movie, "In the Beginning"...), yet I saw each as adding new value to the franchise. I think (I hope) the same will be true for the new film.

                  Now, if it isn't a forbidden topic, once the film is shown, what are the odds we can convince JMS to again offer to reboot the television franchise with an arc-based story a'la B5?

                  Cheers!
                  Last edited by the0wl; 03-08-2009, 09:16 PM. Reason: lost a word...
                  the0wl
                  =======
                  ...and the rock cried out, "No hiding place!"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by I love Lyta View Post
                    Not impressed. At all.
                    Fucking crewmen?! Gimme a break!

                    Still, I'm gonna watch it to see whether my first impression was right or not.
                    And you expect -- what? A mixed male/female crew beginning a 5-year mission while still in their early reproductive primes to be monastic? That might have been marginally "ok" for TV in the black-and-white, ultra-moral '60s, but it isn't gonna cut it today, or, maybe ever again for that matter.

                    The movie franchise moved to showing unisex quarters in the '70s-'80s, while the TV franchise had a crew marriage ('60s), a captain having a affairs ('80s - one civilian, one crew member), crew affairs ('80s-'90s) crew marital troubles ('90s), a captain getting engaged ('90s), a pregnant crewman ('90s), and so on...

                    Get over it, already... People (and societies) do grow up...

                    Cheers;
                    the0wl
                    =======
                    ...and the rock cried out, "No hiding place!"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      thehe... get a grip, pal. I don't give a flying fart about sex scenes.
                      Nip/Tuck and Californication are amongst my favorite tv series of all times.
                      So I couldn't care less if they showed the whole crew enganging into a giant extatic gang bang or SM session under the influence of some mystic rays or psychic manipulation or whatever.
                      But really: Isn't there enough more interesting stuff in this flick's story to show than fucking crewmen? If so, then it has to be pretty lame anyway...
                      And you know what they say. The trailer usually shows the best parts of the movie...

                      Also, it kind of reminded me of the fact that TNT tried to force the inclusion of more explicit sex scenes onto JMS as a condition for the continuation of Crusade...
                      Last edited by I love Lyta; 03-09-2009, 07:17 AM. Reason: Grammar
                      What's up Drakh?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by JDSValen View Post
                        Anyone know where the music is from?
                        Two Steps From Hell

                        You can find on their video page that they wrote the music to Trailer#2.
                        While in the first moment I also thought that it's from "The Dark Knight" soundtrack (down to the trombone and tuba playing) it goes in a very different direction (and the underlying two-note motif in the strings is a slightly different one than in TDK), so I think that they used it as a kind of "hook", since "The Dark Knight" was seen by a lot of people and the theme featured prominently (though, that might also be only me personal impression, since I know the soundtrack very well).
                        Babylon 5 Animations

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by I love Lyta View Post
                          Fucking crewmen?! Gimme a break!
                          Just to clarify, what do you mean by this? Do you mean "OMG, we actually see Kirk having sex with someone?" or "OMG, those fucking crewmen!" I desperately want to rebuttal but I want to know what I'm rebutting first, lol.

                          Originally posted by Zoltan View Post
                          Two Steps From Hell

                          You can find on their video page that they wrote the music to Trailer#2.
                          While in the first moment I also thought that it's from "The Dark Knight" soundtrack (down to the trombone and tuba playing) it goes in a very different direction (and the underlying two-note motif in the strings is a slightly different one than in TDK), so I think that they used it as a kind of "hook", since "The Dark Knight" was seen by a lot of people and the theme featured prominently (though, that might also be only me personal impression, since I know the soundtrack very well).
                          Thanks for the info, but I don't think they actually write the music. I think, from what I can tell from their site, they take other music then re-orchestrate it to fit the video in the trailer. The base music is from TDK, but I think they just messed with it a little to make it fit. Cool site though!
                          http://www.andrewcardinale.com
                          @acardi

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by I love Lyta View Post
                            But really: Isn't there enough more interesting stuff in this flick's story to show than fucking crewmen? If so, then it has to be pretty lame anyway...
                            And you know what they say. The trailer usually shows the best parts of the movie...
                            No, the trailer usually shows what the marketers think will bring in the most people. And, gee, "sex sells" is a cliche for a reason!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by I love Lyta View Post
                              Not impressed. At all.
                              Fucking crewmen?! Gimme a break!

                              Still, I'm gonna watch it to see whether my first impression was right or not.
                              LMAO. Kirk not screwing attractive women would be far worse. The only difference is that its 2009, this time round, we get to see it (or the first 30 seconds ).
                              "Books and ideas are the most effective weapons against intolerance and ignorance."
                              -- Lyndon Baines Johnson, February 11, 1964

                              -- "Gun's don't kill people, rappers do" The GLC

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X