Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saw it.
    Ahh, eMule is SUCH a blessing.
    The only interesting bit about it was the volcano scene.
    Don't know what the heck the water scene is all about.
    The two scenes which obviously are from RotJ hopefully don't appear in the movie itself. I hate directors who recycle scenes.

Other than that I have to agree with ZD.
    After Ep1&2 which were overall a complete disappointment to me I just can't develope any more high hopes for Ep3.
    Like Shr'eshhhhhh I also bought the Ep1&2 DVDs upon release despite my dislike. But just for completion's sake.
    What's up Drakh?

Comment

I think you've just seen a fan made trailer, made of leaked footage with clips from Jedi. The actual trailer is much more spectacular. But only available' legally' via hyperspace on the official web site. (they make you pay to see an advert for their movie) Or at screenings of particular films from now onwards. (in America it's The Incredibles and in the UK it's Bridget Jones for some reason)
      I have the wings for Bingo.

Comment

Just saw the trailer here:
        http://www.digitalentropy.net/Internapse/Index.html

Blast you, George Lucas! You've pulled me back in. All fingers and toes crossed, though.

Comment

Can't download... that site must be running out of bandwidth hourly.
          I wanna see The Incredibles, I can wait to see the trailer then.

Like Z'h'd I have no high expectations for SW3... same reasons too... but the fact is that I had very low expectations for Matrix3 and even so I found it terribly bad.
          I just don't think George Lucas, the screenwriter and director, is good enough to satisfy the hopes that George Lucas, the marketer and hype-master, generates.
          Such... is the respect paid to science that the most absurd opinions may become current, provided they are expressed in language, the sound of which recalls some well-known scientific phrase
          James Clerk Maxwell (1831-79)

Comment

Originally posted by Shr'eshhhhhh
            I think you've just seen a fan made trailer, made of leaked footage with clips from Jedi. The actual trailer is much more spectacular. But only available' legally' via hyperspace on the official web site. (they make you pay to see an advert for their movie) Or at screenings of particular films from now onwards. (in America it's The Incredibles and in the UK it's Bridget Jones for some reason)
            Thanks for the patronization. I think everyone here has seen the "actual trailer," man. It's also available to AOL members.
            Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

"Thanks for the patronization. I think everyone here has seen the "actual trailer," man. It's also available to AOL members."

I wasn't being patronising. There IS a fan made trailer made from the leaked footage intercut with scenes from Return of the Jedi exactly as described by I Love Lyta in the posting before the one you refer to. I've seen it.

And seeing as it was in reply to I Love Lyta's posting what buisiness is it of yours anyway? You really should get your facts right before you stick your nose in and throw accusations around.

Comment

And seeing as it was in reply to I Love Lyta's posting what buisiness is it of yours anyway? You really should get your facts right before you stick your nose in and throw accusations around.
                As you can all see, there's *no* way of knowing who anybody's replying to on these forums unless part of a post is quoted.

I think it would be polite if people quoted or indicated what they were replying to, don't all of you? Instead of making assumptions? (the moderator asks pointedly...)

Jan
                "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Jan, your point is well taken. But seeing as my posting came straight after I love Lyta and directly refered to that posting. I think it was safe to say It was a reply to those comments. Also for some reason the quote option doesn't work properly with my server of choice. (firefox) so I'd either have to go back and cut and paste (which I normaly do but this time I guess I wasn't paying due attention) or I have to go out of firefox and into Internet Explorer which I don't like using because it's a pop up shooting gallery and a backdoor to viruses.

That said I stand by my comment about reading a posting before passing judgement on the postie. How anyone could accuse me of being patronising when I was helpfully try to direct another member to the correct trailer is beyond me.

In future I will have to remind myself to keep on cut and paste all relavant quotes if I want to keep posting here.

Comment

And I will have to read what I write to check on typo's before I post too.

Comment

And I will have to read what I write to check on typo's before I post too.
                      Not on my account! I read 'typo' as fluently as I type it. (read: VERY well )

Jan
                      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

People are taking this trilogy waaay too serious,i liked episode 1 and 2,true there are not even close to the originals but they are still fun.
                        Sleeping in Light-----Darnit! Shut the Window.

Comment

I think people who bash the prequals forget what a dissapointment Jedi was first time round.
                          I think all the the Star Wars films have something worth watching, they are always good value for money even if at times the later ones are a bit like watching a cross between a toy catalogue and someone else playing a computer game.
                          The First two made are undenyable classics, no feature films came near capturing their attention to detail and well crafted fantasy story telling until Fellowship of the Ring came out. Jedi is a pale compendium of elements from the first two. (with some good bits Jabba, the Space battle and the final showdown between Sidious, Vader and Luke)
                          The Phantom Menace was simply awful a complete let down after the long wait. (but it did have the podrace and the duel at the end) Clones was alot better (but it still had the worse love scenes ever commited to film, what girl in her right mind would marry that creep Anakin.)
                          What I expect from this new one is alot of action sequences, at least 4 (count them) light sabre duels, A massive space battle and alot of spectacle. If George keeps it grim, avoids toilet humour, Avoids Jar Jar, and keeps the action rocketing along it will be the best of the prequels, and maybe better than Jedi but I doubt if it would come close to the first two. (though I hope to be proved wrong)

Comment

Gee, how could I have mistaken that crap for the official trailer?!

The real one is pretty cool and just raised my expectations by 100%.
                            Thanks bumperhead for the link.

Although I'm afraid he will fuck up things to some degree.
                            Last edited by I love Lyta; 11-08-2004, 02:42 AM.
                            What's up Drakh?

Comment

Originally posted by I love Lyta

The real one is pretty cool and just raised my expectations by 100%.
                              Not a good idea
                              try lowering it to 37.6% then you will enjoy the movie hehe.
                              Sleeping in Light-----Darnit! Shut the Window.

Comment

lest we forget... a reminder to the sci-fi crowd

I think people who bash the prequals forget what a dissapointment Jedi was first time round.
                                Spot on my brightly colored friend!

I was 13 when Star Wars (That's what we called the first one in those days) came out and it blew me away.

So that means that at about 15 years old, I was ready for more action in #2 (what they eventually called #5) but actually left disappointed that it was such a downer.... but that didn't make me hate the film.

Then at about 18 years old, the great conclusion to te trilogy came out and what did this yopung adult, spoon fed and raised on Star Wars get? Cuddly teddy bears????!!!! I almost cried.

Point is that afterall, I did in fact love those films, and with time got over my adolescent indignation at the cutesy stuff to realize that Star Wars is not only the best Sci-Fi on the big screen that we can get... it's actually high quality for a number of reasons.

Look, before Star Wars (even with it's cuddly Ewoks, Jar Jar and franchise mentality), big screen sci-fi was boring, insipid and way too 'out there' as in Logan's Run, Silent Running and 2001.

Give the old fat man a break, GL has something worth watching, (and owning) in my not so humble opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X