Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranger1
    replied
    Come on,it wasn't that bad (Phantom Menace),i saw it 5 times in the theater.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    Originally posted by Shr'eshhhhhh
    The Holiday special was bad (though the animated bit is still fun) but not any worse than the awful ewok films. I actually saw the first one in the cinema. It was the only film I've been actively embarrised about being seen leaving from.
    That happened to me in May of 1999.

Leave a comment:

• Shr'eshhhhhh
    replied
    The Holiday special was bad (though the animated bit is still fun) but not any worse than the awful ewok films. I actually saw the first one in the cinema. It was the only film I've been actively embarrised about being seen leaving from.

Leave a comment:

• Ranger1
    replied
    Saw it once,and i have nightmares until now

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    This is really funny. If anyone has seen the Star Wars Holiday Special, then you know how bad it was. One of my favorite web sites, wrestlecrap.com, did its annual non-wrestling holiday entry on it at my suggestion.

Here is the link:

http://www.wrestlecrap.com/swholidayspecial.html

Enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• Ranger1
    replied
    Well,Kevin Smith,Mark Hamill...i would definitely watch closely for some news about that.

Leave a comment:

• Shr'eshhhhhh
    replied
    Why can't thay let Kevin Smith make a sequel Trilogy instead. Since I was 10 yrs old I've been waiting for 9, that's 9 Star Wars films. As per anouncements in 1980. Then suddenly it was 3 then 6 and now it's 6 and a tv show. Come on George Give us 3 more movies let someone else direct them and write them and sit back and watch the money roll in. (obviously his favourate pastime) Give Hamill, fisher and Ford 3 films where they are old and cranky and not cleaning up little Awful Annie's mess.

Leave a comment:

• Ranger1
    replied
    If that rumor is true,then it will probably be after Episode 6,since we are going to see Mark Hamill (Luke) himself poping out once in a while.

Leave a comment:

• Anders
    replied
    I keep having a bad feeling about a Star Wars series, even if I often like series better than movies, Babylon 5 is the perfect example of that. If they do make a Star Wars series, I hope it's up to the level and beauty of Babylon 5. That will be really difficult though. I also hope it's after episode 6, which it sounds like it may be.

Leave a comment:

• Ranger1
    replied
    Wowowowoowwow!!!!!!!
    I have a mix feeling about this,i love Kevin Smith i really do,but as comedian and a director of comedian movies (those heavy flicks like Jersey girl were good but a bit heavy for me).

Now there's no other person on this earth that know star wars better then him (Do you the Alliance killed innocent civilians on the death star when it blew up? lol).

Well,this should be interesting

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    Amidst all of this B5 news, both good and bad, this totally slipped my mind. My friend IM'd me the other day with this news and I forgot to post it:

http://www.iesb.net/movies2/movie121004.php

Leave a comment:

• Ranger1
    replied
    A side note,Clone Wars animted series will be out on DVD on March 2005.

Leave a comment:

• Capt.Montoya
    replied
    Originally posted by Z'ha'dumDweller
    <<The problem with the prequels were that they seemed more a marketing vehicle for merchandising to children (only that can explain Jar Jar to me).>>

Some would tell you that Jar Jar was "The Fool" or "The Idiot" sidekick archetype in the Hero's Journey.
    And maybe that explains C3PO... but that doesn't explain why Lucas had to have Anakin build C3PO (that stretches credulity, seriously), and then add a much more annoying fool (Jar Jar) when he already had that archetype filler character.

I would agree, in a qualified manner, with CE, the original Star Wars trilogy wasn't written for children, but maybe it's hindsight and the (unfair?) comparison I can draw now with many SF sagas (from the written world, hence the "unfair" question) that makes me feel SW is not as good as it seemed to me back then.

I submit to everyone's consideration the following: Empire Strikes Back is usually considered one of the best, and it was not written nor directed by Lucas. In fact one of the screenwriters for ESB was a recognized SF author, Leigh Bracket.
    To me that explains a lot of why that movie was so good and the original trilogy ending was just OK...
    Lucas however lost the chance to involve again screenwriters with SF credentials and leave the direction to better directors.

Leave a comment:

• colonyearth
    replied
    Originally posted by Capt.Montoya
    I might enjoy the last prequel, since I have zero expectations for a good plot and know that the visual aspect of RoTS will be amazing, but that's exactly how I approached Matrix: Revolutions and that still disappointed me...

The problem with the prequels were that they seemed more a marketing vehicle for merchandising to children (only that can explain Jar Jar to me).

And the keyword in all of this might well be "children."
    George Lucas might only be capable of writing movies that children would love.
    It worked for our generation, no?
    Sorry, Capt. while the OT was done in such a way that children could and did enjoy them...they weren't written for children. They were written in a timeless manner that allowed all ages to be spoken to. They did not talk down to the infant level as the PT has done (a fact that has caused him some problems with RotS, since now his audience is kiddie and this film had to be very dark).

And WorkerCaste has hit it on the head. Plot and character are no longer important to GL...actually, if you look at most of his films, they have never been important.

While I deeply respect GL for what he's brought to the industry as far as technology and science...I will freely admitt that he's no director...and should've stayed out of the big chair.

CE

Leave a comment:

• colonyearth
    replied
    Originally posted by Z'ha'dumDweller
    <<The problem with the prequels were that they seemed more a marketing vehicle for merchandising to children (only that can explain Jar Jar to me).>>

Some would tell you that Jar Jar was "The Fool" or "The Idiot" sidekick archetype in the Hero's Journey.
    Not buyin' it. Nope. The only fool or idiot was GL for creating him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X