X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Z'ha'dumDweller
    Must be some kind of error, then.
    Well,maybe they meant the dvd-rom weblink as a special feature
    Sleeping in Light-----Darnit! Shut the Window.

Comment

Just in case somebody runs across it, I corrected theforce.net on their post about JMS' comments on the Star Wars series rumor. They said in the report that this very site is JMS' official site. I originally sent the report to them, but I didn't insinuate that jmsnews.net was his site. Assumption on their part, I'd figure.
      Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Z'ha'dumDweller,

Yeah, I noticed that force.net thing too. Did I start that rumor? If so, I was just speaking from my nether-region. Excuse me.

As for the DVD's. At least GL took out Luke's bitch scream in ESB. That man really did degrade his own "franchise." Franchise. That's the problem right there. Whenever a creator calls their artwork a franchise...there's probably a significant emotional distance.

Peace,
        A friend
        ------------------------------------------------------
        Look up "The Drum Major Instinct"

Comment

Again,i love the twicked versions (aka SE's),i mean whats there not to like?

- The story is the same as the originals.

- The cast is the same as the original.

- The SFX are better (and you know it) then the original.

I don't see whats the problem...why? cause Han didn't shoot first? thats childish.

Comment

- The story is the same as the originals.
            why? cause Han didn't shoot first?
            You've dis-proved your own statement right there.

And whether that's a small change or not - is all personal opinion.

- The SFX are better (and you know it) then the original.
            I do know it. But I also know practically every single frame and shot and angle of the original effects. Same way I know just about every punch and kick in each of the great Matrix fight scenes. That's a familiarity that's destroyed. And that's not nothing, least to me.
            Radhil Trebors
            Persona Under Construction

Comment

Ranger 1,
              I hate to start this old issue up (especially on a JMS forum) but here it is:
              In the original ESB, Luke "lets go" and embraces death rather than join the dark side. That's the whole point. He wanted to die. Goes well with the whole Jedi Zen motif.
              In the SE, GL added a bitch scream. It was so out of place that I thought someone in the theater (obviously female--and feeble) had made that noise. It wasn't until fellow art students pointed out that they had heard the same scream that I chose to believe it actually happened.
              Obviously Lucas realized he'd made a mistake (perhaps his only acknowledged one) and removed the old lady's wail.
              That being said, enjoy ... they're only movies.

Comment

I don't have a BIG problem with the DVD's . . .

I try to look on the good side of the DVD's and here is what I think (remember IMO)

1. in ESB when they removed the Old woman, at least the original actor who plays Sidious throught the saga is the replacement.

2. with boba fetts voice now the person who was Jango Fett, well just continuity. I dont care for this voice, but hey, continuity, and what can I do, I want all 6 to fit together, so I dont have to say "Hey! that doesnt fit!"

3. and the biggest debate of all!! replacing the ghost in RotJ. I wont argue whether or not Anakin was a True Jedi when he was young or just before he died, apparantly Lucas thought that is the image Luke should see of his father as a True Jedi, so oh well . . . the good side of it? at least Hayden isnt in the Credits for RotJ and the person who played Vader without his mask/original ghost is still the person who is credited as Vader/Anakin Skywalker

- my only thing that miffed me . . . is in ESB Vader says "Thats it, the Rebels are there and I'm sure Skywalker is with them." then later on the emperor reveils that its his kid! ok . . . how many Skywalkers are in the universe? if he knew his last name, wouldnt he put two and two together? oh well like I said, I am happy to have them and I am ok with the way they are.
                Last edited by Laiden; 10-13-2004, 04:38 PM.
                "It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain. If we are wise, what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world, because we learn that we can no longer afford the mistakes of the past." -- G'Kar in Babylon 5:"In the Beginning"

Comment

The Scream in the SE was pinched off Palpy in ROTJ.

The original emperors face was an old lady with some mask bits glued on and chimpanzee eyes superinpozed over hers.
                  Though the voice (B5 fans we must all know this surely?) Was jolly slave shocker Clive Revill.

I actually prefered this weird collage of elements to the ROTJ version(it seemed spookier) but seeing as (he has to be one day) 'Sir' Ian's version is in all the prequels too it makes sense changing it now.

But I notice the weird slug hiding the make up cock up in ROTJ is still there. I guess when Lucas does his extra special hyper dooper editions this will be corrected along with Jar Jar, the ewoks and little awful annie being removed and replaced.
                  I have the wings for Bingo.

Comment

I'm with Laiden 100%

Comment

<<But I notice the weird slug hiding the make up cock up in ROTJ is still there.>>

Huh?
                      Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

LOL,i think he meant some puppets in the Jabba scene

Comment

Z'ha'dumDweller,

I think what Shr'eshhhhhh was referring to was the little black squiggly line on Palpatine's face in ROTJ. (sitting on throne) It was some old correction to cover up something or other. I guess GL just said, "What the hell? Leave it in there." I don't think I always noticed it but once I did, it annoyed me every time. Oh well.

Comment

Thanks Ranger1! I didnt know anyone would agree with me!
                            "It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain. If we are wise, what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world, because we learn that we can no longer afford the mistakes of the past." -- G'Kar in Babylon 5:"In the Beginning"

Comment

<<- my only thing that miffed me . . . is in ESB Vader says "Thats it, the Rebels are there and I'm sure Skywalker is with them." then later on the emperor reveils that its his kid! ok . . . how many Skywalkers are in the universe? if he knew his last name, wouldnt he put two and two together?>>

He knew it was his son the whole time. Thing of this line, later on:

"Luke...you can destroy the Emperor. He has forseen this!" / "Join me and we can rule the galaxy as father and son!"

I think Vader was planning on training Luke and taking out Palpy, then ruling as emperor with his son as his apprentice. So he hid his knowledge of Luke from his master.

Comment

Exactly,and Palpy had just the opposite agenda,he needed a fresh apprentice to replace Vader.

Comment

Working...
                                X