Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    Natalie Portman has finally found her medium:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ7bJ...=natalie%20rap

Leave a comment:

• rallytbk
    replied
    Well, my expectations were low for a cartoon version of Clone Wars, and I was surprised they didnÆt dumb that down or avoided actual battles with the clones. True, the clones were fighting the droid army and they could have had clone troopers survive during the battle scenes like they do in other cartoons, but they didnÆt. In agreement, the dialogue could have revealed more information to fill in the gaps for Episode III, but this cartoon served its purpose and it lead viewers to Episode III nicely.

My only wish was for the action to continue through with the same action sequences (Jedi battles) as they did in the Clone Wars cartoon. Count Dooku and General Grievous died too soon in Episode III and if viewers didnÆt see the Clone Wars cartoon they would not know the relevance of General Grievous and his link to count Dooku. Oh, well you canÆt win them all, but at least we got see what was missing in cartoon form.

Leave a comment:

• Laiden
    replied
    I agree with Karachi on the Clone Wars note.

I didnt get into SJ, but I liked it. I dont think its the best, but its deserving of its awards.

The New Ninja Turtles Cartoon that has been on for the last 4 seasons . . . now that show is truly one of the best cartoons I've seen in a while IMHO! Thats just me though, I'm a Turtle Freak

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    I've seen SJ, and yes, I have the same sentiments. Genndy...I shit at thee.

I probably hold equal spite towards the prequels and the cartoons.

Leave a comment:

• Karachi Vyce
    replied
    What, do you mean the Clone Wars cartoons? Those have been the best thing ever done with the Prequel era crap. Seriously, the Clone Wars cartoons by Genndy are better than all three of the prequel movies.

Man, if you hated those, please NEVER watch "Samurai Jack". I consider that to be one of the best cartoons of the last 5-10 years, easy (maybe one of the top cartoons of all time), but you'd probably shit all over it.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    I thought Clone Wars was garbage. I watched a few thirty-minute episodes and both times I got the feeling that I was watching my kid brother play video games. Very little dialogue.

The best Clone Wars stories, in my opinion, have to be some of the comics. The novels were largely bad, save for Shatterpoint, which was a great novel in itself. It was based on Apocalypse Now.

Leave a comment:

• rallytbk
    replied
    Will it be another disappointment

I am looking forward to the animated series, as it has been with animation they can show more battle scenes. The first two seasons of Clone Wars was wonderful, having Clone Troopers in battles in the air, land and sea. It really showed what went on during the Clone Wars time period.

As for the live action series? After experiencing the disappointments of the new trilogy, I can say for sure that I wonÆt be expecting too much in the action area. I just hope it doesnÆt become ô90210 in Spaceö.

As I said before in another thread ôStar Wars III DVDö
    Originally posted by rallytbk
    And of course this is, because all the marketing, toys and sense of adventure spoiled us during the 70Æ and 80Æs. The Expanded Universe didnÆt help this trend either; there was a lot of sense of adventure no director could put on filmà

Leave a comment:

• Ranger1
    replied
    Im waiting for the TV series.... both the animated and the live action series.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    Now, THIS sounds interesting. I can't believe I didn't hear of it until today.

So, what's the story with Star Wars: Legacy then? Legacy is set in teh Legacy Era, approximately 140 ABY (ie After teh Battle of Yavin, a major battle of the Galactic Civil War that lead to the destruction of the first Death Star in 1977's Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. " Mainly we wanted to find a place in the Star Wars universe where we weren't mired in existing continuity, and where we could get out of the shadow of mighty Del Rey," Vice President of Publishing Randy Stradley said, referring to Del Rey's upcoming series of nine Legacy of the Force novels by Troy Denning, Aaron Allston and Karen Traviss. "They're so much larger than we are that they inevitably become the moving force in continuity, and we bob along in their wake. We thought, if we could get out in front of them, whatever footprints we might make in the continuity landscape would be obscured by their larger presence when they (eventually) reach the same spot.
    http://www.newsarama.com/forums/show...threadid=58816

Of course, I heard about the new Legacy of the Force series of novels to come out this Summer, but the above is just awesome sounding.
    Last edited by Dr Maturin; 02-19-2006, 02:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    I am reading the ROTS novelization, which I picked up at Wal-Mart for $17.96 the other day. I know the movie is still gonna suck, but Matt Stover is such an awesome writer that he makes the book really interesting. Every book I've read by him takes an unorthodox approach to style and storytelling.

Leave a comment:

• Ranger1
    replied
    LOL

Leave a comment:

• Shr'eshhhhhh
    replied
    I wasn't embarrised by the Pantsoff Menace, I was fuming with anger. It was so so so bad. So bad in fact that I had to see it 3 times at the cinema, bought it on VHS and On DVD and keep watching it just to see how bad it was.........Hang on.....
    Last edited by Shr'eshhhhhh; 04-27-2005, 12:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ranger1
    replied
    No, i payed five tickets,i have no problems with that,and Attack of the Clones i saw "only" 3 times (again,3 tickets).

Btw the Kevin Smith rumor: he replied on his forum but still cryptic so duno.
    http://viewaskew.com/theboard/viewto...r=asc&start=70

Leave a comment:

• Capt.Montoya
    replied
    I hope that means that you entered the noon showing and stayed undetected for the following ones, not that you payed five tickets in different occasions.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X