No announcement yet.

Star Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe a good thread would be things that have saved the new Star Wars films from TOTALLY sucking.
    You mean something like...not producing them at all?

Comment

The biggest problem is that while the original trilogy was a story weaved abround the protagonists in the new trilogy the story is weaved around the special effects Lucas wanted to have in it. Then he put in a few characters as topping and called it "Prequels".

Personally I'm more disappointed about Darth Maul having died so early than Qui Gon.

Too bad that there isn't an Oscar in the category "Worst 'Love Scene' ever". That way he'd have gotten at least ONE Oscar.
      What's up Drakh?

Comment

Just thought I'd drop in a few comments here since I've been extremely busy and didn't want everyone to think I had died in a some horrible catastrophe or something.

According to my source inside the Lucas realm...everything SW has been put on hold indefinately. After EP III comes out, SW will be relegated to the background of Lucasfilm life...in others words, put down.

The series talk has stopped and the move to do 7,8 and 9 are also indefinately shelved.

The non-disclosure agreements were done when all was still a-tingle around the ranch. As with any time your leg falls asleep, the tingling eventually goes away.

What does this mean? It does NOT mean that things will not pick up again on either the TV series front or the films. Lucas has said that after EP III, he wants to put his energies towards Indy 4 (presumably so he can F*@K those up as well ) He's already taken over writing the Indy 4 script himself....god help us...so my hopes for the Indy series just died a painful death.

My only remaining hope is that Spielberg is still directing it.

After that, SW might return to Lucas' sorry excuse for an imagination, but who knows. He'll most likely realize that he's screwed up one of his universes so royally that there's little to no hope for it, so he'll stay with Indy figuring he's still got that one...only to inevitably destroy that one as well.

CE
        Anthony Flessas
        Writer/Producer/Director,
        SP Pictures

I have no avatar! I walk in mystery and need nothing to represent who and what I am!

Comment

Maybe Lucas should invite the Wachowski Bros. to continue SW... they seem to have the same magic touch for continuing a story after a good start.

Remember the Simpsons episode with the Cosmic Wars and George Lucas parody?
          It was spot on!

Thanks for the insider info CE.
          Such... is the respect paid to science that the most absurd opinions may become current, provided they are expressed in language, the sound of which recalls some well-known scientific phrase
          James Clerk Maxwell (1831-79)

Comment

Oddly enough, I did a little paragraph on hating the prequels as part of my column this month on my site. The main theme is playing devil's advocate for the "bad guys" in the prequels. Check it out. Go to my site at the "www" button and click on Ryvo's Targeting Computer on the main page.
            Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

So..who in here is about to get the original trilogy dvd?

*waves*
              Sleeping in Light-----Darnit! Shut the Window.

Comment

If they price it right I may well get the first three movies. But if they do a 'Paramount' they can stuff 'em. And that will be all the StarWars I will buy because I fall asleep during the other ones...

I think it was a terrible mistake to make three great movies and then go back in time and do prequels. In my opinion it did not work for StarWars, it does not work for StarTrek, the only series that got away with it was B5 and that - I think - was because jms only made a couple of 'flashback-movies' (In the beginning, Thirdspace).

I just think that Lucas is getting old. He was absolutely brilliant some years ago, but when you start to produce sequel after sequel(Indy Jones, SW) something may be wrong with your creative writing.

Applause to Bakana, who hopes that that jms will do something in the B5-universe instead of StarWars! StarWars is Lucas' baby, B5 is Joe's. In my humble opinion there can be something like "too much cross-fertilization"...

By my account Joe's work wins hands down though...
                "En wat als tijd de helft van echtheid was, was alles dan dubbelsnel verbaal?"

Comment

I'm torn, I really am. On the one hand, I want copies that are gonna last me a while. These are movies I grew up on, and I'm pretty sure my VHS tapes have long since derezzed. At the same time, they're not the same, they're all about the changes and the new-fangled effects now, and everytime I watch the new ones I'll have that splinter of annoyance in my head.

So I hereby predict that I'll staunchly march forward without this set, hoping (vainly) that Lucas will see reason and release the originals, only to be thwarted as family members buy me two sets for my next birthday.

The power to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of consumer habit....
                  Radhil Trebors
                  Persona Under Construction

Comment

Originally posted by Radhil So I hereby predict that I'll staunchly march forward without this set, hoping (vainly) that Lucas will see reason and release the originals, only to be thwarted as family members buy me two sets for my next birthday.
                    I think you can bank on that, it will probably be a 'new' invention : The Original Director's cut...

StarWars is close to being a franchise after all...

TM.
                    "En wat als tijd de helft van echtheid was, was alles dan dubbelsnel verbaal?"

Comment

My set was ordered in July. The price is great. $41.99 for the films and the documentary. You can't beat that. It is royally lame, though, that they are not putting a "non-Special Edition" version of the films in there. But I didn't expect it.
                      Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Im all for it,to let Lucas tweak and change the movies (and yes, i grew on them too)....in these movies there are a few new scenes that i can't wait to see (and some i hope ill get a long blink),the picture quality should be amazing and the Surround 5.1 EX (really can't wait to hear them).

my box set was a bit higher then $41 since i ordered it the fastest possible way (cant wait to see them).

Did i mentioned i can't wait to see them?
                        Sleeping in Light-----Darnit! Shut the Window.

Comment

Originally posted by colonyearth

According to my source inside the Lucas realm...everything SW has been put on hold indefinately. After EP III comes out, SW will be relegated to the background of Lucasfilm life...in others words, put down.

The series talk has stopped and the move to do 7,8 and 9 are also indefinately shelved.

CE
                          What about the animated tvshow that has been done about the Clone wars. Will they continue with something similar?
                          Check the following link for information.

http://www.tvtome.com/StarWarsCloneWars/

/Magnus

Comment

I read a short description of some of the changes:

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue386/news.html

I haven't even seen the 1997 special editions... but when I'm rich and famous I'll buy the DVDs.

I'm not sure the changes are all for good... especially if they are made as patches for an inability to write the prequels properly.
                            Such... is the respect paid to science that the most absurd opinions may become current, provided they are expressed in language, the sound of which recalls some well-known scientific phrase
                            James Clerk Maxwell (1831-79)

Comment

The DVD's will definitely be clear:

http://starwars.com/episode-iv/featu...916/index.html

And a TV special to promote the DVD and "Classic" toy sales:

http://www.theforce.net/holonet/index.shtml#24805

Comment

Just checked Amazon...the SW Trilogy Widescreen is still #1 in DVD sales and the full screen is #2. This may just well be the best selling DVD in history.

Comment

Working...
                                X