Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    ILM staff were required to sign Non-Disclosure Statements regarding Episodes 7, 8 and 9. Why would this occur unless they were at least being considered?

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    I don't know how I missed this...

A few weeks back, it was leaked that the "Ultimate Editions" slated for 2006 are, in part, coming out in the 9/21 DVD release. Some changes include:

A New Hope
    1. Greedo still shoots first, but it is slightly improved.
    2. Jabba the Hutt is still in the film, but has been completely redone.
    3. The lightsabers have been enhanced; they are no longer white rods in certain scenes.

The Empire Strikes Back
    1. Actor Ian McDiarmid now appears as The Emperor via hologram, with new dialogue and different music.
    2. Actor Temuera Morrison now provides the voice of Boba Fett.

Return of the Jedi
    1. Naboo has been added to the end celebration montage.
    2. Actor Hayden Christensen appears as the ghost of Anakin Skywalker at the end of the film.

Fans are pissed, to say the least. Lucas needs to shit, or get off the pot.

Leave a comment:

• Ranger1
    replied
    If it will come to life,then it will be a live action,but still too early to say what will happen...i allways heard that Spielberg wants to do star wars (i take it he ment for the big screen),so maybe he can do episodes 7,8 and 9...or will take the TV show....really hard to tell at this point.

Leave a comment:

• bumperhead
    replied
    Animation or Live action?

Although I'm a bit apprehensive about the whole tv show idea ... I have to wonder ... animation or live action? I'm voting live action unless the animation would be really good. I'm talkin cowboy bebop, naruto, final fantasy type of animation. Not samurai jack.

Peace.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    What they need to do is start with the X-wing book series and at least loosely follow the books. That would be some damn good TV.

Leave a comment:

• CRONAN
    replied
    A few random searches for Star Wars TV series:

We're continuing to hear about the direction for Lucasfilm and Star Wars post-Episode III. While there won't be more movies, we continue to hear the move is to TV. Sources are now telling us that there WILL be a TV series in 2006.
    They don't know whether it'll be live-action, animated or both - Lucasfilm itself will decide on this later this year!
    -------
    Star Wars fans are delighted that the epics' creator, George Lucas, is planning to make a TV series based on the films.

The small-screen adaptation will be set after 1983's Return Of The Jedi and will feature the continuing stories of Jedi Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia.

The eagerly-awaited series will hit our TVs next year

--------
    Hell, anythings possible. Not too enthusiastic about the idea myself, though the SW series is in desperate need of good writers.

Leave a comment:

• bumperhead
    started a topic Star Wars

Star Wars

I recently heard that there may be a Star Wars television series of some sort. Maybe JMS .... gasp--could it be?!
Working...
X