Star Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For little kids, maybe.

The best Star Wars game ever (again, IMHO) is Knights of the Old Republic (the first the first).
    Sleeping in Light-----Darnit! Shut the Window.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger1
      The best Star Wars game ever (again, IMHO) is Knights of the Old Republic (the first the first).
      Now that I'll toast to. Magic on a disk, that one.
      Radhil Trebors
      Persona Under Construction

Comment

• Originally posted by Radhil
        Now that I'll toast to. Magic on a disk, that one.
        You know ... I've been looking for a new gamr to play and I started looking at all of the Star Wars titles. Why exactly is Knights of the Old Republic so good? And can you recommend any others?

I tend to dig real-time strategy games. I have been playing Age of empires for years. Age III still hasn't lost it's charm for me. Also, I play some Neverwinter Nights but that has become a little dry since my online experience is limited to my wireless 54mbps. Once I move I will have decnt broadband again ... but then I will also have my fiance and I doubt I will want to spend as much time playing video games. Any interim advice would be helpful guys.

In lieu of an actual Babylon 5 game, I would take Star Wars. How about any of the other galactic empire building games out there? I know this is a loaded question but I thought it relevant considering your comments.

Best,
        Daniel
        "If I could be a bird, I'd be a Flying Purple People Eater because then people would sing about me and I could fly down and eat them because I hate that song. " - Jack Handey

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadow-Sentient
          Why exactly is Knights of the Old Republic so good?
          The story, the scope and the pure coolness factor seem to be the primary reasons that people's collective opinion on this game is high. It's just a great RPG set in the SW universe.

And can you recommend any others?
          When it comes to SW games, it's easier to recommend games to avoid. But go with Battlefront II. Good, fun action with a wide variety of settings.

How about any of the other galactic empire building games out there?
          I hear that Empire at War is supposed to be good. I don't play those types of games, though, so I couldn't comment myself.
          Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

• What he said.

On the Other Games, I haven't really seen any RTS's for sci-fi lately. If you don't mind the 4X genre, there's a few titles (here and here) you might check out.

And since I'm pimping fringe games I might as well toss these guys a link as well.
            Last edited by Radhil; 08-20-2006, 08:39 PM.
            Radhil Trebors
            Persona Under Construction

Comment

• Originally posted by LessonInMachismo
              I hear that Empire at War is supposed to be good. I don't play those types of games, though, so I couldn't comment myself.
              As a strategy game addict, I've played them all, and then some. I've even become pretty competant at customising/re-coding and re-building most games I own. This is known as 'modding' and I should add that there are some damn good Babylon 5 'mods' out there. The best by far is the Babylon 5 conversion of the old Star Trek Armada2 RTS game. Also, because they are made by the community, they are free to download (you just need to own the original game)

Anyway, recently I've been playing 'Empire at War' and I'd have to say it's pretty good. However, the 'off-the-shelf' game has some major bugs in it, and you should look online for the latest patches before playing it. Also, because it uses one of the best and newest game engines, you need a decent games pc to play it. (I owned the game 6 months without being able to play it, until I went out and spent รบ2300 on a high-end system.)
              Last edited by Bonehead; 08-21-2006, 04:33 AM.
              *Den-Sha*

Comment

• Thanks guys. That's definitely some food for thought. I'll take a week to deliberate and tell you all what I decided once I get it.

Best,
                Daniel
                "If I could be a bird, I'd be a Flying Purple People Eater because then people would sing about me and I could fly down and eat them because I hate that song. " - Jack Handey

Comment

Working...
                X