Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towelmaster
    replied
    If they price it right I may well get the first three movies. But if they do a 'Paramount' they can stuff 'em. And that will be all the StarWars I will buy because I fall asleep during the other ones...

I think it was a terrible mistake to make three great movies and then go back in time and do prequels. In my opinion it did not work for StarWars, it does not work for StarTrek, the only series that got away with it was B5 and that - I think - was because jms only made a couple of 'flashback-movies' (In the beginning, Thirdspace).

I just think that Lucas is getting old. He was absolutely brilliant some years ago, but when you start to produce sequel after sequel(Indy Jones, SW) something may be wrong with your creative writing.

Applause to Bakana, who hopes that that jms will do something in the B5-universe instead of StarWars! StarWars is Lucas' baby, B5 is Joe's. In my humble opinion there can be something like "too much cross-fertilization"...

By my account Joe's work wins hands down though...

Leave a comment:

• Ranger1
    replied
    So..who in here is about to get the original trilogy dvd?

*waves*

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    Oddly enough, I did a little paragraph on hating the prequels as part of my column this month on my site. The main theme is playing devil's advocate for the "bad guys" in the prequels. Check it out. Go to my site at the "www" button and click on Ryvo's Targeting Computer on the main page.

Leave a comment:

• Capt.Montoya
    replied
    Maybe Lucas should invite the Wachowski Bros. to continue SW... they seem to have the same magic touch for continuing a story after a good start.

Remember the Simpsons episode with the Cosmic Wars and George Lucas parody?
    It was spot on!

Thanks for the insider info CE.

Leave a comment:

• colonyearth
    replied
    Just thought I'd drop in a few comments here since I've been extremely busy and didn't want everyone to think I had died in a some horrible catastrophe or something.

According to my source inside the Lucas realm...everything SW has been put on hold indefinately. After EP III comes out, SW will be relegated to the background of Lucasfilm life...in others words, put down.

The series talk has stopped and the move to do 7,8 and 9 are also indefinately shelved.

The non-disclosure agreements were done when all was still a-tingle around the ranch. As with any time your leg falls asleep, the tingling eventually goes away.

What does this mean? It does NOT mean that things will not pick up again on either the TV series front or the films. Lucas has said that after EP III, he wants to put his energies towards Indy 4 (presumably so he can F*@K those up as well ) He's already taken over writing the Indy 4 script himself....god help us...so my hopes for the Indy series just died a painful death.

My only remaining hope is that Spielberg is still directing it.

After that, SW might return to Lucas' sorry excuse for an imagination, but who knows. He'll most likely realize that he's screwed up one of his universes so royally that there's little to no hope for it, so he'll stay with Indy figuring he's still got that one...only to inevitably destroy that one as well.

CE

Leave a comment:

• I love Lyta
    replied
    The biggest problem is that while the original trilogy was a story weaved abround the protagonists in the new trilogy the story is weaved around the special effects Lucas wanted to have in it. Then he put in a few characters as topping and called it "Prequels".

Personally I'm more disappointed about Darth Maul having died so early than Qui Gon.

Too bad that there isn't an Oscar in the category "Worst 'Love Scene' ever". That way he'd have gotten at least ONE Oscar.

Leave a comment:

• chaostaenzer
    replied
    Maybe a good thread would be things that have saved the new Star Wars films from TOTALLY sucking.
    You mean something like...not producing them at all?

Leave a comment:

• Shadow-Sentient
    replied
    I remember that God-Awful Ewoks television show.

Put that in the WWTT? (What Were They Thinking?) category along with:

1. Jar Jar
    2. Jar Jar
    3. Blue ... EVERYTHING BLUESCREEN!
    Actors ... oh yeah ... let's hire some actors but edit their performances on the computer to make them look completely disingenuous, marginal, and out of place.
    4. Killing off Liam Neeson so early in the series ... (He was the best actor/character they had)
    5. Dialogue? What's that? Oh yeah ... maybe they should say some really banal things for our stupid audience.
    6. Jar Jar

God I could go on forever ...

did I mention Jar Jar?

Maybe a good thread would be things that have saved the new Star Wars films from TOTALLY sucking.

Leave a comment:

• bakana
    replied
    they don't want the ILM staff to disclose that the sequels will never happen!
    What was it, 20 Years between Star Wars and the Prequels ??

So, wait another 20 and maybe George will get another Round Tuit.

Leave a comment:

• Capt.Montoya
    replied
    Originally posted by Z'ha'dumDweller
    MovieS. Plural. Caravan of Courage and Battle for Endor. Both are coming to DVD as well as the Ewok/Droids cartoon.

But all speculation aside, what does it lead us to conclude if the ILM staff was required to sign NDS's? Either they plan to make them or they are going to make them.
    MovieS! I told you I wasn't a dedicated follower of Star Wars.

Here's another theory: they don't want the ILM staff to disclose that the sequels will never happen!

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    <<Unless, of course, the TV series is actually gonna follow the adventures of the cute pint-sized wokee critters of Endor, since their merchandising potential wasn't fully realized by the cartoon and movie...>>

MovieS. Plural. Caravan of Courage and Battle for Endor. Both are coming to DVD as well as the Ewok/Droids cartoon.

But all speculation aside, what does it lead us to conclude if the ILM staff was required to sign NDS's? Either they plan to make them or they are going to make them.

Leave a comment:

• bakana
    replied
    Why hope for JMS to get involved in this?

I'd much rather see him do something new in the B5 Universe.

If Lukas gets SW on the air, at least one other network is going to want a good SF Series just so they can play "Me Too".
    It's a time honored Hollywierd game.

The number of people out there with good track records in TV SF can be counted on one hand.

JMS - B5
    Jos Wheadon - Buffy (well fantasy, but that's ok)
    Cameron - Dark Angel (I thought it had a lot of promise)

X-Files would have been better if he'd had a Plan, but maybe he's learned his lesson:
    Never Count on being Cancelled.

Can't think of any other more or less recent shows that I found worth a second look.

Leave a comment:

• FuryPilot
    replied
    If your into signs you might as well go for the really satisfying ones...

Originally posted by Capt.Montoya
    (That would be a surer sign that Lucas has lost it!)
    I saw the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse leaving Phantom Menace in disgust with the Archangel Gabriel in tow. Gabriel was saying "We have to get that sucka for this load of crap!"

That was enough of a sign for me.

FP

Leave a comment:

• Capt.Montoya
    replied
    another starwarsian glitch in continuity?

I'm not a big follower of SW, so maybe I missed something, but doesn't the idea that the rumoured TV series will follow the events right after Return of the Jedi clash with the common notion that the rumoured episodes 7, 8, 9 would be the continuation?

Unless, of course, the TV series is actually gonna follow the adventures of the cute pint-sized wokee critters of Endor, since their merchandising potential wasn't fully realized by the cartoon and movie...

(That would be a surer sign that Lucas has lost it!)

Leave a comment:

• I love Lyta
    replied
    Great! If Lucas does the script for the TV series it's probably gonna become a soap opera...
    I tought he had lost it after he redid the Han/Greedo scene but taking into account the afore mentioned redone DVD scenes I'm quite sure now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X