No announcement yet.

Star Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought Clone Wars was garbage. I watched a few thirty-minute episodes and both times I got the feeling that I was watching my kid brother play video games. Very little dialogue.

The best Clone Wars stories, in my opinion, have to be some of the comics. The novels were largely bad, save for Shatterpoint, which was a great novel in itself. It was based on Apocalypse Now.
    Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

• What, do you mean the Clone Wars cartoons? Those have been the best thing ever done with the Prequel era crap. Seriously, the Clone Wars cartoons by Genndy are better than all three of the prequel movies.

Man, if you hated those, please NEVER watch "Samurai Jack". I consider that to be one of the best cartoons of the last 5-10 years, easy (maybe one of the top cartoons of all time), but you'd probably shit all over it.
      "I don't find myself in the same luxury as you. You grew up in freedom, and you can spit on freedom, because you don't know what it is not to have freedom." ---Ayaan Hirsi Ali

Comment

• I've seen SJ, and yes, I have the same sentiments. Genndy...I shit at thee.

I probably hold equal spite towards the prequels and the cartoons.
        Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

• I agree with Karachi on the Clone Wars note.

I didnt get into SJ, but I liked it. I dont think its the best, but its deserving of its awards.

The New Ninja Turtles Cartoon that has been on for the last 4 seasons . . . now that show is truly one of the best cartoons I've seen in a while IMHO! Thats just me though, I'm a Turtle Freak
          "It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain. If we are wise, what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world, because we learn that we can no longer afford the mistakes of the past." -- G'Kar in Babylon 5:"In the Beginning"

Comment

• Well, my expectations were low for a cartoon version of Clone Wars, and I was surprised they didnÆt dumb that down or avoided actual battles with the clones. True, the clones were fighting the droid army and they could have had clone troopers survive during the battle scenes like they do in other cartoons, but they didnÆt. In agreement, the dialogue could have revealed more information to fill in the gaps for Episode III, but this cartoon served its purpose and it lead viewers to Episode III nicely.

My only wish was for the action to continue through with the same action sequences (Jedi battles) as they did in the Clone Wars cartoon. Count Dooku and General Grievous died too soon in Episode III and if viewers didnÆt see the Clone Wars cartoon they would not know the relevance of General Grievous and his link to count Dooku. Oh, well you canÆt win them all, but at least we got see what was missing in cartoon form.
            "The world is a dangerous place---not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" --Albert Einstein

Comment

• Natalie Portman has finally found her medium:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ7bJ...=natalie%20rap

Comment

• That was FUC**** hilarious!!!!!!!!!!

Thats what you get for living in Jerusalem for a while ROFL
                Sleeping in Light-----Darnit! Shut the Window.

Comment

• Ha, did you hear her say "all my Jews?"

Comment

• LOL and
                    "Damn Natalie, youre a crazy chick"
                    "Yo shut the fu** up and su** my di**"

This is so crazy, really kicks ass.

Thats what you get when living in Jerusalem LOL :P

Check this out: http://www.dailysixer.com/portmon.shtml
                    Last edited by Ranger1; 03-06-2006, 09:22 AM.

Comment

• Original Star Wars Comes To DVD

Fox will release the original unaltered theatrical versions of the first three Star Wars movies on DVD on Sept. 12, despite statements by series creator George Lucas, USA Today reported.

Lucas had adamantly declared that 2004's digitally restored Star Wars Trilogy DVDs were the definitive versions of his movies. But fans have held out hope for DVDs of the originals, and it appears that Lucasfilm is responding, the newspaper reported.

Fox will release new two-disc DVDs, priced at $30 each, of Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi that will feature the films as they first appeared in theaters, along with the new, restored versions (now available in the four-disc $70 Star Wars Trilogy). The individual DVDs will be taken off the market on Dec. 31, a strategy that Disney uses on many of its classic releases.

This new set of DVDs does not constitute "George changing his mind," Lucasfilm's Jim Ward told USA Today. "What we've always said is George viewed the revised versions of the films as the definitive versions."

The original films' video quality will not match up to that of the restored versions. "It is state of the art, as of 1993, and that's not as good as state of the art 2006," Ward said.
                      http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=35855

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Yeah saw it last night on SW official site.... not my thing really, already have the DVD's (SE's)... will probably wait for the HD version when they will come out.

Comment

• ZHD, as I said on the other board: I know this is Lucas just raping the consumer out of more money, but in this case, he's only sticking it to me once, because I REFUSED to buy the DVDs of that Special Edition bullshit. So this will be me buying the original Star Wars trilogy, in their original form, for the first time.

I loved the ORIGINAL versions of the ORIGINAL trilogy. I got no problem spending money on that.
                          "I don't find myself in the same luxury as you. You grew up in freedom, and you can spit on freedom, because you don't know what it is not to have freedom." ---Ayaan Hirsi Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by Karachi Vyce
                            ZHD, as I said on the other board: I know this is Lucas just raping the consumer out of more money
                            More power to him and to Exxon.

but in this case, he's only sticking it to me once, because I REFUSED to buy the DVDs of that Special Edition bullshit. So this will be me buying the original Star Wars trilogy, in their original form, for the first time. I loved the ORIGINAL versions of the ORIGINAL trilogy. I got no problem spending money on that.
                            And I thoroughly enjoyed the documentary on the 4th disc of the SpecEd set. Very cheap for what I got, so I am not complaining. I am not in the business of making sure Lucas doesn't make too much money; I am out to make myself happy.

Comment

• If you have the VHS why you wanna buy this version of the movies? they are not as high quality as the remastered SE's dvd's, as much as i understand they are presented in 2.0 Dolby only.... better stick to your VHS and wait for the HD version.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger1
                                If you have the VHS why you wanna buy this version of the movies? they are not as high quality as the remastered SE's dvd's, as much as i understand they are presented in 2.0 Dolby only.... better stick to your VHS and wait for the HD version.
                                I watched my letterbox edition of the trilogy from 1990 on my 52" HDTV. Looked great. The DVDs will be fine. I'll buy them and HD or Blu-ray whenever they come out, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X